Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    There's still hope that he will be the QB you believed he would be! J - E - T - S, Jets, Jets, Jets!!!
    "J-E-S-T, Jest! Jest! Jest!"

But, they are better than the Broncos right now.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    16-0. Sweep the playoffs and win the Superbowl.
    OMG!

We have a winner in the "most delusional" contest. Ouch. "The following users high fived BroncoJoe for this post: "Valar Morghulis, Ziggy" -- honorable mention to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Oh Hell, I'm tempted to Black Hole this thread just based on mine

Do it!
    Give into your feelings. Let the hate flow through you
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

I feel pretty vindicated by this prediction:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Lots of injuries on defense, questions about the offensive line and below average quarterback play. Could it all come together? Sure, but right now, I think that's a fair, if not positive, assessment of where Denver is right now.
    Cugel: Basically this.

I think however, that there's no point in being pessimistic at this point in the pre-season. You know fans are going to be buzzing around like a swarm of angry bees after someone hit their nest - after a couple of losses in which Trevor does not play like Aaron Rogers.

So, there's no point worrying about it now.

Right now, I saw some signs of improvement in the run game. The run defense should be better based on the personnel they've acquired, although if they keep suffering injuries to their front 7 that's problematic.

Garrett Bolles, much against most expert NFL commentary, looks to be solid at the LT spot. For now. Right tackle seems more of a problem than left. They have a glut of good running backs, although no star RB like Dallas' Elliot. So much so that it's conceivable that Jamal Charles might not make the 53 man roster (although I think he will).

As for the passing game, we've gone round and round on Trevor and Paxton. No point rehashing that.

The biggest question is whether the pass defense will hold up. Right now every pass-rushing threat outside of Von Miller has been negated. They lost Malik Jackson as a penetrating DE pressure player and never replaced him. DeMarcus Ware retired. They tried to sign Calais Campbell during the offseason but failed. And Shane Ray and Shaqil Barrett have varying injuries. Right now the Broncos pass-rush is Von, and teams will double or triple team him every play until Denver proves they have a serious pass-rushing threat on the other side of the line.
    Isn't that pretty much what happened? In 2016 the defense carried the team to 9 wins despite bad QB play from Trevor. This year they got more bad QB play from Trevor, but the defense got tired and gave up. Von has 9 sacks, nobody else has more than 4 and they double and triple team him on every play. Nobody else has stepped up.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Do it!
    Give into your feelings. Let the hate flow through you
    Get thee behind me, Satan! I'd frankly want to Black Hole every Bronco thread since the Bye as well. I want the entire 2017 season to disappear into the memory hole. Gone from man's memory, lost forever
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Get thee behind me, Satan! I'd frankly want to Black Hole every Bronco thread since the Bye as well. I want the entire 2017 season to disappear into the memory hole. Gone from man's memory, lost forever
    Wait, we had a football season this year? I thought there was a lockout or something. Interesting

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Good morning, UR.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Good morning, UR.
    I bet this is the second early morning bump you've had today.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I bet this is the second early morning bump you've had today.
    I hope UR had a chance to get to the store.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I hope UR had a chance to get to the store.

I accidentally hit post report instead of high five
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I accidentally hit post report instead of high five
    Bump for the 11 a.m. hour!

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Bump for the 11 a.m. hour!

Funny, I accidentally hit post report again, instead of high five.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

19. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Nooner!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

"With upgrades at almost every position, we may not lose a game!"

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

I do not know who said that but they sound like a genius!
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information