Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos predictions

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'm not really saying he is, that's just what got quoted. It's a common attitude around here though. There are a lot that are sky is falling people and the negativity gets old. Especially if you are trying really, really hard to stay positive.

I'm not ragging on dog specifically.
    You make high standards sound like a bad thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    7-9, and i base this off a still sputtering Oline.
    I'm a fan of Bolles's mentality. His holding calls and inability to contain speed rush, not so much. Hope he buttons it all up, and smarter people than me are convinced he will.

But as things stand heading into week 1, the left side of the line heading looks sketchy.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I have no issues with people looking at the roster and indicating that they think we're going to have a rough year. That is highly, highly possible. But if we are, we aren't going to change it anyways so we might as well try and enjoy it rather than making everyone else miserable by complaining about it.

It's a prediction thread, posting a prediction here isn't the same thing.

Everyone has the right to their opinions, there is nothing wrong with high standards.
    Last edited by GEM; 08-29-2017 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Enough

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Not to mention the fact that all the pie in the sky, manufactured optimism gets just as old.

God forbid we have an honest evaluation or discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

I'm a fan of Bolles's mentality. His holding calls and inability to contain speed rush, not so much. Hope he buttons it all up, and smarter people than me are convinced he will.

But as things stand heading into week 1, the left side of the line heading looks sketchy.
    If I had to put money down, I'd say it will look sketchy until the bye once they have time to cohesively gel as a unit (it normally takes 5-6 weeks) If we aren't seeing improvement by or shortly after the bye, we've got what we've got and it won't improve much further.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    moderated
    Has nothing to do with our resident beer snob, just in general.

What you take as whining can also be viewed as insistence on developing a championship roster instead of settling for hope. All stripes of fans up in here with one common desire.
    Last edited by GEM; 08-29-2017 at 08:16 PM.

10. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Has nothing to do with our resident beer snob, just in general.

What you take as whining can also be viewed as insistence on developing a championship roster instead of settling for hope. All stripes of fans up in here with one common desire.
    But that insistence does us what good this year? How can we change what's already on our roster until next year. Yes we have a common desire, we want this team the best it can be, but at this point, nothing's going to change this year. We ride with what we've got, like it or leave it.

I'm done discussing it though because it's driving the thread off it's intended topic. It is what it is, moving on. People can say whatever they want, it is after all a free country.

Week 1 - vs Chargers MNF late game ------WIN
    Week 2 - vs Cowboys---------------------WIN
    Week 3 - at Bills (11:00 MT)---------------WIN
    Week 4 - vs Raiders-----------------------WIN
    Week 5 - Bye
    Week 6 - vs Giants SNF-----------------------WIN (ONLY CUZ WE ARE HOME)
    Week 7 - at Chargers-------------------------WIN
    Week 8 - at Chiefs MNF-----------------------LOSS
    Week 9 - at Eagles (11:00 MT)----------------WIN
    Week 10 - vs Patriots SNF---------------------WIN
    Week 11 -vs Bengals--------------------------LOSS
    Week 12 - at Raiders--------------------------LOSS
    Week 13 - at Dolphins (11:00 MT)-------------LOSS
    Week 14 - vs Jets-----------------------------WIN
    Week 15 - at Colts TNF-----------------------LOSS
    Week 16 - at Redskins (11:00 MT)-------------WIN
    Week 17 - vs Chiefs[/QUOTE]-----------------WIN

I think the dolphins and pats game could go either way.

There you have it. 11-5 by my eyes
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Week 1 - vs Chargers MNF late game ------WIN
    Week 2 - vs Cowboys---------------------WIN
    Week 3 - at Bills (11:00 MT)---------------WIN
    Week 4 - vs Raiders-----------------------WIN
    Week 5 - Bye
    Week 6 - vs Giants SNF-----------------------WIN (ONLY CUZ WE ARE HOME)
    Week 7 - at Chargers-------------------------WIN
    Week 8 - at Chiefs MNF-----------------------LOSS
    Week 9 - at Eagles (11:00 MT)----------------WIN
    Week 10 - vs Patriots SNF---------------------WIN
    Week 11 -vs Bengals--------------------------LOSS
    Week 12 - at Raiders--------------------------LOSS
    Week 13 - at Dolphins (11:00 MT)-------------LOSS
    Week 14 - vs Jets-----------------------------WIN
    Week 15 - at Colts TNF-----------------------LOSS
    Week 16 - at Redskins (11:00 MT)-------------WIN
    Week 17 - vs Chiefs-----------------WIN

I think the dolphins and pats game could go either way.

There you have it. 11-5 by my eyes
    I think we drop one of those first five, if not two. That Week 7-13 stretch is just brutal. I'll stick with 8-8, 9-7. To get to 11-5, Siemian is going to have to have a few games where he puts the team on his back. We'll see if he's got that in him.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I think we drop one of those first five, if not two. That Week 7-13 stretch is just brutal. I'll stick with 8-8, 9-7. To get to 11-5, Siemian is going to have to have a few games where he puts the team on his back. We'll see if he's got that in him.

I am not sure he does. I do think Jamal Charles and the run game, and Mckenzie on PR do, however.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

If we're going to drop a game in the first 5 it's the Raiders game (I think I have them sweeping us, but I'd have to go back and remember) The cowboys game IMO got a lot easier once Zeke got suspended. If we beat the Raiders, I actually see us going undefeated until New England, since the game is in Denver, we could even potentially win that (They are garbage in Denver, always have been)

Who knows, Week one should be telling I think. Can't wait for it to get here.

The cowboys are like carolina was. Had a super easy schedule and looked great. Had an overachieving defense. This year they do not. With or without Zeke. They arent as good as they seem.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

There is a big difference with high standards and out of touch, pie in the sky standards.

Remind me again who the top three QBs drafted by the Broncos were. How about the success rate of first/second round QBs.

Constantly bitching about how anything short of an elite QB in Denver isn't good enough is ridiculous. There is no QB birthright in Denver. Denver got lucky to get Elway and then a once in a lifetime free agent pickup in Manning. If we look back, we probably should think more about Plummer and Cutler than many did at the time, because those are the best QBs after Elway and Manning that Denver has had.

So, it's not about high standards, it's about unrealistic ones.

"If he was injured, he shouldn't have been starting." (I know that wasn't your quote) So, really, last year we were supposed to start the clueless QB that was running around like he was a freshman college starter playing in the NFL?

I see a very slow start, losing 4 straight after a home win against the Chargers.

Week 1 - vs Chargers MNF late game - WIN 1-0
    Week 2 - vs Cowboys - LOSS 1-1
    Week 3 - at Bills (11:00 MT) - LOSS 1-2
    Week 4 - vs Raiders - LOSS 1-3
    Week 5 - Bye
    Week 6 - vs Giants SNF - LOSS 1-4
    Week 7 - at Chargers - WIN 2-4
    Week 8 - at Chiefs MNF - LOSS 2-5
    Week 9 - at Eagles (11:00 MT) - WIN 3-5
    Week 10 - vs Patriots SNF - LOSS 3-6
    Week 11 -vs Bengals - WIN - 4-6
    Week 12 - at Raiders - LOSS 4-7
    Week 13 - at Dolphins (11:00 MT) - WIN 5-7
    Week 14 - vs Jets - WIN 6-7
    Week 15 - at Colts TNF - WIN 7-7
    Week 16 - at Redskins (11:00 MT) - LOSS 7-8
    Week 17 - vs Chiefs - WIN 8-8

Predictions thusfar seem to consistently have wins over the Cowboys, Giants, Pats, and in some cases a split or even sweep of the Raiders. Call me a negative-nancy but I have to agree I'm not seeing that as likely. Even the morning Bills game isn't really the type of game the Broncos have historically done well in. .500 seems (or seemed) very likely to me but I really hated a lot of what I saw in the last preseason game. I'm definitely concerned.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 08-29-2017 at 04:49 PM.

20. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Predictions thusfar seem to consistently have wins over the Cowboys, Giants, Pats, and in some cases a split or even sweep of the Raiders. Call me a negative-nancy but I have to agree I'm not seeing that as likely. Even the morning Bills game isn't really the type of game the Broncos have historically done well in. .500 seems (or seemed) very likely to me but I really hated a lot of what I saw in the last preseason game. I'm definitely concerned.
    It kind of depends on how well the Cowboys can run the call without Elliott. If they can with McFadden or Morris, it could be a long year for their opponents, of which include the Broncos.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information