Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: These 13 Broncos players are injured

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Default These 13 Broncos players are injured

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017...n-2017-update/

1. Jared Crick, DE

Jared Crick (6-4, 285 pounds) was carted off the practice field on Monday but coach Vance Joseph said the defensive end may have just been suffering from back spasms. Crick will undergo an MRI and the team will know more about his status in the coming days. Once healthy, Crick will continue competing with Zach Kerr for a starting job across from Derek Wolfe.

2. Carlos Henderson, WR

Carlos Henderson (5-11, 198 pounds) suffered a torn ligament in his left thumb, according to KUSA-TV’s Mike Klis. Henderson underwent surgery for the injury and he could be out for awhile, according to Klis. Henderson was selected by the Broncos in the third round of this year’s NFL draft out of La. Tech. Once healthy, Henderson will compete for the starting kick return job.

3. Derek Wolfe, DE

Derek Wolfe (6-5, 285 pounds) suffered an ankle sprain on Saturday (here’s some gruesome photographic evidence). Wolfe dodged a bullet — the injury could have been much worse — and he expects to be back in time for the team’s season opener against the Chargers on Sept. 11. Once healthy, Wolfe will reclaim his starting defensive end job.

4. T.J. Ward, DB

T.J. Ward (5-10, 200 pounds) sat out of practice again on Monday with a lingering hamstring injury. The Broncos are probably just being cautious with Ward and he’s expected to be ready to go in time for the regular season. Once healthy, Ward will reclaim his starting job at safety across from Darian Stewart in Denver’s secondary.

5. Dontrell Nelson, DB

Dontrell Nelson (6-1, 180 pounds) sat out of practice on Monday with a concussion. Nelson signed with the Broncos as an undrafted free agent in May and he’s been competing for a roster spot as a special teams contributor and reserve defensive back. Once healthy, Nelson will continue competing to make the final 53-man roster.

6. Shane Ray, OLB

Shane Ray (6-3, 245 pounds) suffered a wrist injury earlier this offseason. He recently told the Denver Post’s Nicki Jhabvala that he’s aiming for an early regular season return. “Doc said my hand is healing fine,” Ray told Jhabvala. Once healthy, Ray will reclaim his starting job across from Von Miller in Denver’s 3-4 defense.

7. Shaq Barrett, OLB

Shaq Barrett (6-2, 250 pounds) suffered a hip injury earlier this offseason but it did not require surgery. Andrew Mason, who writes for the team’s official website, expects Barrett to return to the field sometime in October. Once healthy, Barrett will reclaim his spot as a rotational pass rusher. Kasim Edebali and DeMarcus Walker are the players to watch for while Ray and Barrett are sidelined.

8. Devontae Booker, RB

Devontae Booker (5-11, 219 pounds) suffered a wrist injury in July. He could return sometime between Weeks 2-3 if his recovery goes well. In the meantime, Denver signed veteran Stevan Ridley for more depth at running back. Once healthy, Booker will likely reclaim the backup job behind starter C.J. Anderson in the Broncos’ backfield.

9. Bernard Pierce, RB

Bernard Pierce (6-0, 222 pounds) missed practice again on Monday with a lingering hamstring injury. With Pierce sidelined, rookie De’Angelo Henderson has taken advantage of the extra reps he has received in training camp and preseason action. If Pierce is not healthy enough to play soon, his chances of making the team will continue to decrease.

10. Kyle Peko, DL

Kyle Peko (6-1, 305 pounds) was on his way to winning the team’s No. 2 nose tackle job before broke his foot in June. Peko is currently on the physically unable to perform list but Joseph said on Saturday that the 24-year-old defensive lineman is “close” to returning. Once healthy, Peko will compete with undrafted rookie Tyrique Jarrett for the backup nose tackle job behind starter Domata Peko.

11. Jake Butt, TE

Jake Butt (6-6, 250 pounds) suffered a torn ACL in Michigan’s bowl game in January and he’s currently on Denver’s non-football injury list. Butt’s timeline for a return to the field is unknown but he said in April that he should be ready in time for the regular season. Once healthy, Butt will compete with A.J. Derby and Jeff Heuerman for the team’s No. 1 receiving tight end job.

12. Chad Kelly, QB

Chad Kelly (6-2, 224 pounds) is still recovering from a torn ACL and offseason wrist surgery. The Broncos may “redshirt” Kelly for the 2017 season, allowing him to recover this year and make his NFL debut in 2018. If Kelly is healthy enough to play at some point this preseason (which seems unlikely), he would compete with Kyle Sloter for the team’s No. 3 quarterback job.

13. Billy Winn, DL

Billy Winn (6-4, 300 pounds) was poised to serve as Domata Peko’s backup this year before he suffered a season-ending knee surgery against the Bears. Winn will spend the 2017 season on the Broncos’ injured reserve list

2. The Following 7 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Default These 13 Broncos players are injured

I have often wondered about the Broncos S&C staff ever since the post-Shanahan Super Bowl era Broncos teams, ever since the early 2000s. Always seems to be ton of injuries early and fading away in late Nov.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Thanks for the update Shane.

5. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

You trying to depress me Shane???

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I have often wondered about the Broncos S&C staff ever since the post-Shanahan Super Bowl era Broncos teams, ever since the early 2000s. Always seems to be ton of injuries early and fading away in late Nov.
    I'm not sure you can pin a lot of the injuries we see in the NFL on strength and conditioning. Outside of maybe hamstring and groin pulls, and even that's not a given, it's hard to pin broken bones, torn ACLs, and the like on strength and conditioning. This is a violent game. In many cases seriously injured or not comes down to luck.

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

The DLine injuries are concerning. On the radio this morning they mentioned that Crick would only be out 2-3 weeks, but with a back injury it could be a factor all year. Wolfe should be back before the season starts. Depth is a big issue. No backup NT with Winn on IR and Kyle Peko "close" to returning. Gotsis hasn't shown much, Walker has been moved to OLB, etc. A bunch of camp fodder until these guys come back.

OLB will be fine once Ray comes back (I think Edebali has looked good). Shaq will maybe be back in Oct, but he has a bad hip which makes it unsure if he will be ok this year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I think it's just confirmation bias. You notice it more with the Broncos because you follow them more closely than anyone else. I don't think the Broncos are typically less healthy than any other team. Hell the year we won the Super Bowl recently we were extremely healthy for the most part.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post

I'm not sure you can pin a lot of the injuries we see in the NFL on strength and conditioning. Outside of maybe hamstring and groin pulls, and even that's not a given, it's hard to pin broken bones, torn ACLs, and the like on strength and conditioning. This is a violent game. In many cases seriously injured or not comes down to luck.
    You can pin on HC and how he runs practice. Like full pads the next TC after a game.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    You can pin on HC and how he runs practice. Like full pads the next TC after a game.
    Did we really do that?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Cuts are coming. We'll likely claim the 65th-70th best NT in the sport.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Did we really do that?
    Yes we did.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Rich Tuten was a huge issue from what I've read/heard, this new S&C crew is pretty good apparently.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

16. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post

lol nope. I was just trying to see when Jake Butt was going to be on the field. And came across this article.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Cuts are coming. We'll likely claim the 65th-70th best NT in the sport.
    First cuts come later this year....
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    First cuts come later this year....
    I didnt think there were 1st cuts. I thought just 1 cut total now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    I didnt think there were 1st cuts. I thought just 1 cut total now.
    Right. Just one, the first one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information