Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bet U29 for drinks on Jamal Charles

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    He's too old? Or he's the loser?
    Damnit nut !!!!
    We need to know the answers to these questions! To your statements!
    please. . . i love nut, but he can't remember who he was yesterday-- let alone any of that irrelevant nonsense you were trying to harass him with. . .

Sounds like Charles got rid of the brace today.

According to Brandon Stokely, who claims he got this from senior Broncos sources, *which probably means he talked with some Broncos coaches or current players* - the plan all along was for Charles to have limited reps, to keep his knee healthy. But, just because the fans and sportswriters haven't seen him perform, doesn't mean the Broncos are in any doubt of his ability. They are trying to get him ready for the regular season, not to "show us what he can do". They already know what he can do. They have figured out what role they want him to play and they're going to limit his plays in hopes of having him fresh and making an impact in January when it really counts.

They are assuming that if he's healthy then he can be a contributor on 3rd downs, especially catching passes out of the backfield. But, unless they intend to start DeVontee Booker on the PUP list this means Stevan Ridley is on the bubble. If Booker starts the first 6 games on the PUP list then they can delay any decision about Ridley until later. This also presupposes that Ridley can be a special teams player.

Whether this plan for Charles works or not is another question. But, that apparently is the plan - which means he's going to stay on the roster.
    Last edited by Cugel; 08-21-2017 at 10:31 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

We have a good stable of RB's. I'd be surprised if Charles is kept, but not willing to bet on that. Yet.

Plus, I can't imagine anything worse than having to buy UR a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    We have a good stable of RB's. I'd be surprised if Charles is kept, but not willing to bet on that. Yet.

Cough it up baldy. This is exactly what I've been saying all along.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

If Booker is on pup, that leaves CJ and Henderson as locks, in my mind. So, Ridley and Charles could both stay (assuming they go four RB plus FB, which I'm not sure they will).

Ridley played well, so I think it might come down to two of three of Ridley, Charles and Janovich, unless they decide on four plus a FB.

Now, considering how weak we are at TE, I think we see three TE's + FB kept.

So, all that rambling aside, I think we see.

CJ
    Booker (PUP so not counted towards 53)
    DJ Henderson
    Ridley
    Charles

Janovich

Then, Charles or Ridley gets cut once Booker comes off of PUP.

7. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    If Booker is on pup, that leaves CJ and Henderson as locks, in my mind. So, Ridley and Charles could both stay (assuming they go four RB plus FB, which I'm not sure they will).

Ridley played well, so I think it might come down to two of three of Ridley, Charles and Janovich, unless they decide on four plus a FB.

CJ
    DJ Henderson
    Ridley
    Charles

Janovich

No Thompson? Is he too small to be a TE?

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

CJ
    DJ Henderson
    Ridley
    Charles

Janovich

That makes sense to me, but it will be interesting to see who actually gets game time. Lets say both Ridley and Charles get in and play well do you just IR Booker?

Did we have 3 or 4 RB's last year? CJ, Booker, Bibbs, and Thompson, but did one of Bibbs or Thompson make the team from the practice squad after CJ's injuries last year?

CJ
    DJ Henderson
    Ridley
    Charles

Janovich

That's how I see it too. They get 6 weeks to evaluate Charles while Booker is on the PUP list. Then they either cut Ridley or Charles when Booker comes back. But, they need Ridley or Juwan Thompson to be the backup to CJ, while Charles and Henderson are the 3rd down change of pace backs.

Despite the nice plays Juwan made last game, its too little, too late for him. But, he's putting film out there that will help him get onto another roster when a RB goes down - and this is the NFL. RBs are always getting hurt in this league. He won't be on the street for long.

If Charles proves durable and is healthy and productive after week 6 then Ridley becomes expendable. Their 4 backs are Charles and Booker backing up DeAngelo Henderson and CJ.

If not, then they cut Charles at that point and keep Ridley and Booker.

Either way they are keeping DeAngelo Henderson on the 53 man roster and he's going to play. A good find there! He has real elusiveness - a poor man's version of Christian McCaffrey.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    That makes sense to me, but it will be interesting to see who actually gets game time. Lets say both Ridley and Charles get in and play well do you just IR Booker?

Did we have 3 or 4 RB's last year? CJ, Booker, Bibbs, and Thompson, but did one of Bibbs or Thompson make the team from the practice squad after CJ's injuries last year?

No, we do not IR booker. He is too good. Way better than Ridley. Although Ridley has looked good, very good. He is not as good as book. When Book comes back Ridely gets to take a hike and is probably signed by the chargers or raiders because thats what they do.

CJ
    Book
    Charles
    Henderson

(In no order ^)

I can absolutely see Henderson stealing the top spot or the 2nd as long as he can pass pro. Charles will get more work than he should but he will be the 3rd down back for sure. I hope they can save him for playoffs and then give him a lot of reps. Ideally when playoffs hot, start Henderson/book, charles 2nd back and CJ the 3rd down back. Complete opposite of how we start the season. After teams get tired of chasing Henderson and Charles all over the field and on screens, CJ comes in and plows the road. Runs down the clock and we make teams submit.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

I want to see Henderson, Charles, and CJ on the field at the same time.

VJ says that Charles is going to play A LOT this weekend. He emphasized A LOT and I think he said it twice.

VJ says that Charles is going to play A LOT this weekend. He emphasized A LOT and I think he said it twice.
    I was just putting that quote in the TC thread. This is his "one shot" he said - he's not playing in game four. Still feel confident, UR?

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I was just putting that quote in the TC thread. This is his "one shot" he said - he's not playing in game four. Still feel confident, UR?

Wanna bet me a drink?

Joe, this is your last chance you giant puss. Same for everyone one else......
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

I'm putting my feet up on my table, leaning back, hands behind my head........Waiting to see everyones reaction about how charles looks good. Maybe even as of old. How he will help us so much, especially in the screen game, etc etc etc.....NOW EVERYONE KNOCK ON SOME WOOD.

The bug is hopefully dead.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information