Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sloter TD

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Seriously. Anyone that doesn't appreciate that throw is just, well, dumb.
    No one is saying it wasn't a good throw. But it's not dumb to point out the context of the play.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    No one is saying it wasn't a good throw. But it's not dumb to point out the context of the play.
    Which, you've missed.

My point is (and I maintain) that the other two QB's on the roster might not have even seen the WR streaking down the field wide open, let alone drop on a dime. There were at least two "wide open" receivers to his left and right. The throw he made was probably his 3rd option. Plus, there was pressure. He had to step up 5 yards to avoid the rush and still delivered a strike.

It was 3rd and 17. All the Bears DB's were playing 10 yards off the ball.

It is dumb to assume the context wasn't noticed simply because the throw was commended.

Not to say you did that-

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Which, you've missed.

My point is (and I maintain) that the other two QB's on the roster might not have even seen the WR streaking down the field wide open, let alone drop on a dime. There were at least two "wide open" receivers to his left and right. The throw he made was probably his 3rd option. Plus, there was pressure. He had to step up 5 yards to avoid the rush and still delivered a strike.

It was 3rd and 17. All the Bears DB's were playing 10 yards off the ball.
    There was no pressure whatsoever on that play. Simply a wide open pocket that he was able to step in to. Maybe he had to get that 5 yard running start to chuck it that far.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

First of all, Sloter.....the 3rd string QB has been getting mentioned all during this offseason OTAs and the training camp. Hes been mentioned every practice.

When I see the dude play.......I see a comfortable 6'5" QB who has poise, feet, accuracy and a cannon. Oh.....did you know he runs a 4.5?

I even loved his near pick.....he sees the field.

It will take him time to figure out what his arm can and cannot do in the NFL........what I DIDNT see was a pass into double or triple coverage under pressure.

Im not anointing him........but I do LOVE this kid!!
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

He just needs to gel

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Well, as Hawgdriver implied, the context would include what the QB may have done to get the WR open.
    How much did his eye contact draw the safeties out of the area? Just a thought (well, not my thought, actually).
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Well, as Hawgdriver implied, the context would include what the QB may have done to get the WR open.
    How much did his eye contact draw the safeties out of the area? Just a thought (well, not my thought, actually).
    Which I realize and appreciate, but a more seasoned safety, like he might normally face as a starter, probably wouldn't be fooled that badly by the QB's eyes.

I'm not trying to hate on the guy, just trying to keep a level perspective here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Which I realize and appreciate, but a more seasoned safety, like he might normally face as a starter, probably wouldn't be fooled that badly by the QB's eyes.

I'm not trying to hate on the guy, just trying to keep a level perspective here.
    That's true. They were mostly third-stringers out there by that time.

Tned cautioned us not to get too high on a partial game performance. Good advice.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    That's true. They were mostly third-stringers out there by that time.

Tned cautioned us not to get too high on a partial game performance. Good advice.
    I do think he showed enough to get a bit of a more extended look. He's probably playing himself onto the 53 man roster this year.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I do think he showed enough to get a bit of a more extended look. He's probably playing himself onto the 53 man roster this year.
    It was a busted coverage, whether or not Sloter did his part to cause that--3d string DBs probably are pushing to make a splash play and read too much into QB eyes--and a nice conversion. He did about as well as a #3 could so he should get some more looks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

14. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Seriously. Anyone that doesn't appreciate that throw is just, well, dumb.
    You call a lot of people who disagree with you dumb. We can all appreciate that it was a TD, that it was a fun play, that it looked great. We can also realize that if you miss someone that open with a pocket clean than the Pope's soul you are garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

16. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    You call a lot of people who disagree with you dumb. We can all appreciate that it was a TD, that it was a fun play, that it looked great. We can also realize that if you miss someone that open with a pocket clean than the Pope's soul you are garbage.
    You are saying two things here. It looked great and it was also a play every QB would make every time. Which is it?

I am saying it's not a play every QB would make every time, to convert the blown coverage, to hit his receiver perfectly (no need to slow down, compensate), with that velocity. It was a great play.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    You are saying two things here. It looked great and it was also a play every QB would make every time. Which is it?

I am saying it's not a play every QB would make every time, to convert the blown coverage, to hit his receiver perfectly (no need to slow down, compensate), with that velocity. It was a great play.
    It looked great as in it is aesthetically pleasing - there is no dichotomy here.

He had all day to climb the ladder and set up the shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

19. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    It looked great as in it is aesthetically pleasing - there is no dichotomy here.

He had all day to climb the ladder and set up the shot.
    You are hard to please! I am glad that I enjoyed that pedestrian play as much as I did.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information