Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the visceral reactions to Siemian?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Beat me to it. Because he didn't attempt many downfield passes isn't necessarily a reflection on him (or any QB), it's equally on the HC or OC and their play calling.
    And on the time the O-line gives him to do it. And on the quality and quantity of receivers. The lack of that third quality receiver allowed too much doubling on DT and Emmanuel.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

2. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    TS had a high ankle sprain and a separated shoulder; of course they limited deep throws.
    I thought it was a foot injury, but it would have the same effect.

TS had a high ankle sprain and a separated shoulder; of course they limited deep throws.
    Good and great QB's play through injuries and produce. Here's a quote "Life sucks and then you die." You know who said? Damn near everybody who isn't a TS fan.

#impeachthemayor
    #imjustkiddinglethimrule
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Siemian is a play it safe QB. I dont see him putting team on back.

He was also bad in redzone. His passing stats were ranked like 26th. I dont want a QB who is great between the 20s but can't close out a drive. This is the area I think he needs the most improvement. If he can dink and dunk down a field and close out then great he can be the starter. But uf we are going to depend on 40 to 50 yard field goals all year thus is going to be a long as year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

He was also out for what, three games?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Good and great QB's play through injuries and produce. Here's a quote "Life sucks and then you die." You know who said? Damn near everybody who isn't a TS fan.

#impeachthemayor
    #imjustkiddinglethimrule
    Such poor reasoning, and I hear that much too often. Physical maladies do limit production. It's a fact.
    You might not have noticed the difference in how the ball came out of Trevor's hand after his injuries,
    but I did. Were you aware that his shoulder required surgery after the season?

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Such poor reasoning, and I hear that much too often. Physical maladies do limit production. It's a fact.
    You might not have noticed the difference in how the ball came out of Trevor's hand after his injuries,
    but I did. Were you aware that his shoulder required surgery after the season?
    It's not poor reasoning, though. It's addressing the crappy reality. Starting QB's are expected to produce if they're playing. That expectation doesn't go away just because they're hurt.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

It's not poor reasoning, though. It's addressing the crappy reality. Starting QB's are expected to produce if they're playing. That expectation doesn't go away just because they're hurt.
    Tell that to Peyton. But stay out of arm's length . . .

So this is where we end up - the total rank doesn't mean anything because he was ahead of some big names. The amount of completions, the fact that they're scant, doesn't mean anything. The basic notion of inflated numbers on low attempts and completions doesn't mean anything. Here's the shining jewel to the visceral reaction - the people who aren't in the TS crowd tend to be the ones making the rational arguments, and the ones defending TS ignore everything that doesn't fit their narrative. Context doesn't matter, abuse any stat, etc.

So remember, when the QB who attempts fewer deep ball throws than over half the league ends up with fewer deep ball completions than almost all the league, the fact that he beats out, on completion percentage, guys who attempt much more of them, it doesn't mean anything bad at all. It simply means that we'll ignore inflation and just go off of a raw stat. And we'll just ignore that those big names he's ahead of had him killed in completion percentage, yards, tds, etc.
    For our latest installment of: How will King spin it, since the facts are not on his side....

Of all qualified passers, Siemian's receivers dropped long (20+ yards in the air) passes at a higher rate than any other QB.

Siemian had a receiver drop a deep pass every 9.6 attempts

The QBs with next worst performing receivers:

Bradford a drop every 11.75 passes
    Rodgers one every 12
    Smith one every 15.33

All other QBs were above one drop every 15 deep (20+ yards in the air) attempts.

Don't you love how the King spin has moved from how Siemian has horrible deep ball accuracy to "uhh, well, he should have thrown deep more often and then his deep accuracy probably would have been bad."

11. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

I've nothing more to add as I don't need to add anything. Great thread, Tned.

Yeah, it would have nothing to do with the coaches recognizing a weakness.

I blame Kubiak for a lot of things, but we saw what some of us know.
    It may very well be that the coach recognised the receiving weakness, since Broncos RECEIVERS were the worst in the league in terms of drops of deep passes.

Maybe it was the coaches AND QBs recognition of horrid pass protection, which obviously is a huge factor in being able to throw a deep pass.

But, let's not let facts get in the way of a good narrative.

14. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

/Thread

I've nothing more to add as I don't need to add anything. Great thread, Tned.
    Love how you are pretending not to see how Siemian's recievers led the ENTIRE league in dropped deep passes. Convenient....

#inconvenienttruth

#impeachthemayor
    #imjustkiddinglethimrule
    Do you remember how horrible Manning was when he got hurt? Fortunately Denver had Brock to play half way decent the last few games. Denver didn't have a viable backup option last year.

It's not so much that I have Siemian posters on my wall, but am persuaded it will be disastrous to give the reins to anyone else on the roster.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I don't pound the table for any one player. I'm a Broncos fan. Whether or not I personally like a player
    does not enter into whether I want him on the field. The criterion is whether he gives the Broncos the
    best chance of winning.

Having said that, I am a truth-seeker. In Trevor, I see a quality quarterback. People are critical of his
    mistakes and limitations of last year, glossing over the fact that before that year he had all of one
    kneel-down snap in the NFL. They conveniently overlook that he was playing with a porous O-line, an
    inept running game, and a dearth of quality receivers. Add in his injuries, which required surgery
    after the season, and you have a QB behind the eight ball before he begins.

I may be wrong . . . I have been many times. But I believe Trevor can carry the Broncos as a QB.
    I believe he has a higher ceiling than is what popularly perceived. Vance Joseph made the rookie
    mistake of promising the start against the 49ers to Paxton, so he will have to do that, then name
    Trevor as the starter the next week.

And then we will be pleasantly surprised, assuming Trevor stays healthy. Which brings up my main
    criticism of him: his apparent tendency to get hurt. I understand he has put on some muscle over
    the off season, and hopefully he will have learned to slide feet first. His diving for extra yards days
    should be over.

Now we'll see whether he can be a peer to the other QBs in the Division, or whether I will have to
    find a recipe to make my crow more edible.

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information