Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25

Thread: Why the visceral reactions to Siemian?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Couldn't disagree more. If one player, or maybe even one offseason of players doesn't work out, then you might be able to pin that on a poor GM. Three years worth of poor offensive lines with different players, you have to start looking at coaching and scheme.
    Well Elway just said on Sirius that it was personnel which is why they went out and got new personnel. Said that the second team is as good or better than first team last year.

2. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Incorrect. Elway brought in multiple free agents to "fix" it. It failed.

This year, Elway used his first round pick, and signed two more free agents, so that 3/5ths of the players are difference and Garcia might lose his job, so there might be 80% turnover.

To say it was Kubiak's responsibility is a massively simplistic analysis of the offensive line problems.
    Nope, nope, nope: HCs make all draft and FA decisions, because the GM's just there to sign their checks (presumably while signing the HCs.) That's why Kubiak lost his job for refusing to play the QB Elway hand-picked. And even if we blame the ACTUAL line coach instead of the HC who's NEVER coached a line, it's STILL Kubiaks fault for not firing him. And for Fox not firing him. And for McDumbass hiring him. Do you even logic?

*sigh* If only all those guys Kubiak and Dennison failed to coach up weren't OUT OF THE LEAGUE, McCoy'd surely make something of them. After all, remember how great our line was the LAST time McCoy was our OC (but that was Kubiaks fault for not firing Barone in between coaching Texans games.) Just wait: Sambrailo and Schofield are guaranteed All Pros now. Or, if not, it's because Kubiak/Dennison cluelessly hand-picked them: EVERYONE knows HCs make all roster decisions, except when they don't.

Bolles is no guarantee either, but the odds are much better with a drafts FIRST OT than its ninth (i.e. Sambrailo) or eleventh (i.e. Schofield.) All picks are crap shoots, but I'd rather bet the QBotFs health on the #20 overall pick than the #59 or #95. For whatever it's worth, I do think Garcia will stick at RG, because it suits his deep but narrow abilities, yet I wouldn't be shocked if Stephenson beats him out (can't see a one-armed Sambrailo winning a strength position.)
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Couldn't disagree more. If one player, or maybe even one offseason of players doesn't work out, then you might be able to pin that on a poor GM. Three years worth of poor offensive lines with different players, you have to start looking at coaching and scheme.
    Three years worth? Kubiak and Dennison were only here TWO years. And it goes back further, even though Kubiaks and Dennisons Denver reunion DIDN'T.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    It's also possible that his decision was right and it didn't cost then wins, but resulted in more wins. To date, there is no indication that the Broncos would have won more with Lynch at QB.

Right now it seems to be a long shot that he can win the job this year.
    It's just absurd to think that the Broncos could have won more games with Lynch last year - or this year either.

John Elway wants his first round pick to play. They want him to succeed. He's not doing it so far. He's not ready, which is why they are not starting him. Vance Joseph has a SB caliber defense which means if the Broncos make the playoffs, it will be hard to defeat them. They need their offense to play better.

And that can't happen if they start Paxton and he can't manage his progressions properly. So, good, bad, or ugly, Trevor is the guy. For now. We'll see what happens when the season gets started.

Elway took a look at coaching and scheme from last year and decided both need to be better. So, Gary Kubiak is not the coach, and they shit-canned the scheme from last year - along with most of the offensive coaches.

But, obviously, one big problem for the Broncos in past years is that they were trying to get by with cast-offs and scrubs on the OL. Russell Okung for instance was a cast-off.

His team, the Seahawks declined to exercise his fifth year option and let him walk. Much the same was true of Donald Stephenson. Neither player worked out as planned. Paradis is the only success story so far in terms of Elway drafting OL.

And he's tried a bunch of times, but zero joy with players like: Max Garcia (4th round), Michael Schofield (3rd round), Connor McGovern (5th round), etc. We'll see how this works out this season. But, Schofield and Garcia might both get cut, which isn't a great testimonial to John Elway's drafting.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Elway took a look at coaching and scheme from last year and decided both need to be better. So, Gary Kubiak is not the coach, and they shit-canned the scheme from last year - along with most of the offensive coaches.

But, obviously, one big problem for the Broncos in past years is that they were trying to get by with cast-offs and scrubs on the OL. Russell Okung for instance was a cast-off.

His team, the Seahawks declined to exercise his fifth year option and let him walk. Much the same was true of Donald Stephenson. Neither player worked out as planned. Paradis is the only success story so far in terms of Elway drafting OL.

And he's tried a bunch of times, but zero joy with players like: Max Garcia (4th round), Michael Schofield (3rd round), Connor McGovern (5th round), etc. We'll see how this works out this season. But, Schofield and Garcia might both get cut, which isn't a great testimonial to John Elway's drafting.
    Actually, I hear and read that McGovern has been very successful this year, and Schofield has improved, too.
    McGovern will stick as at least a depth player, and Schofield and Garcia are still in contention. And Bolles is
    killing it.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I think Kubiak shares a ton of blame for the OL the last two seasons, both for his horrible eye for talent and for refusing to hire an actual NFL OL Coach.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I think Kubiak shares a ton of blame for the OL the last two seasons, both for his horrible eye for talent and for refusing to hire an actual NFL OL Coach.
    IMO Broncos OLine plummet to the bottom of the league was ever since the Seattle SB when they were exposed. See Franklin, Orlando.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    We caught a good glimpse in the two games he did play. Bad decisions and bad footwork can't be overcome in a few games.
    are you talking about trevors first two games where he was 40-59 for 444 py...1 TD 3 ints, with a 73.8qbr... and the defenses 2 Tds won one of the games for him

or lynchs first two starts as a rookie where he was 35- 59 for 327 yards 1 td 1 int, and a 79.2 qbr

11. The Following User High Fived arapaho2 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Actually, I hear and read that McGovern has been very successful this year, and Schofield has improved, too.
    McGovern will stick as at least a depth player, and Schofield and Garcia are still in contention. And Bolles is
    killing it.
    McGovern should stick. . . as a backup. Schofield and Garcia had chances to start, and sucked. Bolles is a rookie who has never started a regular season game, so we have no idea how he will do when it counts.

But, it looks like neither Schofield and Garcia will make the team. I could be wrong about that of course, but that's my prediction. If they do make it that does not say good things about this Broncos OL. They should have better players on the 53 man roster than either of those stiffs.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho2 View Post
    are you talking about trevors first two games where he was 40-59 for 444 py...1 TD 3 ints, with a 73.8qbr... and the defenses 2 Tds won one of the games for him

or lynchs first two starts as a rookie where he was 35- 59 for 327 yards 1 td 1 int, and a 79.2 qbr
    Stats don't tell the entire tale. (which I know is borderline hypocritical because I've used them to defend my stance on paxton) Both games Paxton looked like a deer in the headlights, the game seemed too fast for him and he just didn't seem to get it. He doesn't look better yet this year. We're going to have to wait until Sunday to see if playing with the 1's will make the difference, maybe it will. I won't be as apposed to it as you assumed when responding to me on the other boards. But he's gotta win me over, he's never once done that...I have no trust in his abilities, until he shows otherwise he's never been anything special in my eyes.

My lack in confidence towards paxton has nothing to do with the numbers he puts up, it's the way he carries himself on the field. If you don't agree with that, I can respect that, but bottom line. You can cherry pick stats and disregard that the very next game for Trevor he had one of the best games of his career, the difference between Paxton and Trevor is one is calm and collected under pressure, the other looks completely and totally lost.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I don't think "Deer in the headlights" means what you think it means, Frey.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

What does it mean?

16. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Please oh Jaded, grace me with your wisdom...

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Please oh Jaded, grace me with your wisdom...
    :adjustingglasses: :grabbingnotepad:

19. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information