Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the visceral reactions to Siemian?

Default Why the visceral reactions to Siemian?

I've seen a lot of discussions, arguments and debate about quarterbacks over the years. I've seen QBs like Tebow and Plummer polarize the fan base.

However, I'm not sure I've ever seen such visceral, angry reactions to the degree or frequency as I'm seeing in reaction to Siemian. These are the types of reactions normally reserved politically discussions and figures.

So, why do you react so strongly to Siemian and anything that can remotely be seen as praise or a positive reporter for him?

2. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

T you spelled "Lynch" wrong.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    T you spelled "Lynch" wrong.
    Very little lynch hate going around. Some concern about if he'll make it, but nothing like the angry reactions to Siemian.

Honestly, he bores the ever loving shit out of me. He's not watching paint dry Brady Quinn boring, but he is close. He's not nearly as bad as the fainting goat, which is a plus.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Very little lynch hate going around. Some concern about if he'll make it, but nothing like the angry reactions to Siemian.
    He's a bust after 15 months, it's visceral to you but it is to the 2 or 3 people that don't think he's a bust.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    He's a bust after 15 months, it's visceral to you but it is to the 2 or 3 people that don't think he's a bust.
    I have no idea what you just said or which QB you are referring to.

9. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

No way one can call a seventh rounder a bust. He has way exceeded expectations of his selection by making the team let alone his production last year

Myself, I prefer Lynch because of first round pick, bigger arm and more athletic.

I want the QBotF to win the job, which ever he is, but I'd prefer it to be a guy we invested heavily in.

That being said, Lynch didn't impress me tonight.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I don't see any visceral reactions to Siemian. At all.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

It is an interesting question.... Especially because I dislike lynch so much, in part because he looks like a pirate, in part because of the way king goes on, but mainly because I see a bad mix of Brock and Tebow and just don't rate him.

I think I like the underdog story and therefore automatically dislike lynch.

Therefore, it's possible others are emotionally invested in the first round draft pick (and all that is associated with first round picks) and want elway to be right, as well as hope our qb play reaches manning/elway level again and don't trust a seventh rounder to get there.

It is definitely a weird psychological response to having choice.... If you have two qbs, you don't have a qb lol

15. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I have no idea what you just said or which QB you are referring to.
    Lynch...he's already a bust...15 months into his career...it's kinda "visceral" to the 2 or 3 people here that don't think he's a bust...you wouldn't know because you have a hard time understanding almost everything.

Why am I always explaining shit to you?
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

17. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

I've seen a lot of discussions, arguments and debate about quarterbacks over the years. I've seen QBs like Tebow and Plummer polarize the fan base.

However, I'm not sure I've ever seen such visceral, angry reactions to the degree or frequency as I'm seeing in reaction to Siemian. These are the types of reactions normally reserved politically discussions and figures.

So, why do you react so strongly to Siemian and anything that can remotely be seen as praise or a positive reporter for him?
    Is this local media? Or just forum members? I've been to Denver twice this year and listen to Denver radio occasionally and I'm not hearing anything overly negative or unfair.

My AP sports feed said Trevor was pulling away with the job. Al and DMac reported the same.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 08-11-2017 at 01:14 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Is this local media? Or just forum members? I've been to Denver twice this year and listen to Denver radio occasionally and I'm not hearing anything overly negative or unfair.

My AP sports feed said Trevor was pulling away with the job. Al and DMac reported the same.
    TS is by far the favorite of local radio.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

TS will be a career qb, whether starter or backup.

That can come in and win you a few games, unless he takes his mental game to the next level and starts checking out of plays like Manning. His arm strength will only get him so far.

Lynch may not even be in the league for long if he plays like this. But again, we have to see him in the next game with the ones.

21. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Because it's the battle of mediocrity. No one is trying to take the spot by force. Trevor should be way ahead of Lynch but Lynch is hanging on by a thread. The gap isn't far and what is making fans mad is that it just seems like a battle of the backups.

We need something greater or at least one of these guys to step up their game.

If not, then we won't win the division.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

GEM pretty much nailed it, it's his playstyle. He's too conservative. You want a QB with a tremendous belief in his ability to make a difference, and Trevor playstyle is to avoid anything negative. QBs with that knack for believing they can go hero mode and win the game often do. It's the Aaron Rodgers effect. That dude just has it in his ******* mind that he *will* find a way to win the game. You don't see it in Siemian. Instead, you see a guy who is playing to avoid interceptions at all costs when another QB would be willing to shoulder the responsibility, take the reins and will his team to win.

It's hard to root for a guy that doesn't seem to believe in himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information