Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the visceral reactions to Siemian?

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Lynch hasn't impressed me since the Buccaneers game last year. He had a nice 2nd half in that game, but his next two starts were beyond putrid. I really lost a lot of confidence in him. Siemian had a lot of ups and downs last year, but he at least seemed competent leading the huddle and doing the little things. I've quietly been on team Siemian, but I realize our QB situation is less than ideal. If TS starts and can improve on last year's stats, I can get behind that.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    GEM pretty much nailed it, it's his playstyle. He's too conservative. You want a QB with a tremendous belief in his ability to make a difference, and Trevor playstyle is to avoid anything negative. QBs with that knack for believing they can go hero mode and win the game often do. It's the Aaron Rodgers effect. That dude just has it in his ******* mind that he *will* find a way to win the game. You don't see it in Siemian. Instead, you see a guy who is playing to avoid interceptions at all costs when another QB would be willing to shoulder the responsibility, take the reins and will his team to win.

It's hard to root for a guy that doesn't seem to believe in himself.
    i agree. Thing is. We saw a different Siemian in that Bengals game last year. He was throwing deep all day long.

Needs to get back to that. He took over that game in Cinci.

Havent seen that guy since that game.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

After what I saw last night, I'm ready to hand it over to Sloter. When he rolled left and while under pressure dropped a 20 yard dime to Raymond, I was sold. There's no way Siemian, or Lynch with how he's playing, make that play right now.

That's always been my issue with Siemian. Physical limitations combined with a conservative attitude = a guy who can not lose the game for you, but won't win them for you, either.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Fake news.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

5. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Oh god......now we have to hear about sloter for a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

WTF are you talking about? Were we reading the same board last night/today? Pretty much the unanimous opinion of last night is that Lynch was awful and Siemian, limited as he might be, is pretty firmly entrenched as the starter. I think slim got in your head or something.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Oh god......now we have to hear about sloter for a week.
    Apparently he's the next Elway because he threw a deep TD bomb to a guy who didn't have a defender within 20 yards of him. I guess he's this year's "great undrafted hope".

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Lynch...he's already a bust...15 months into his career...it's kinda "visceral" to the 2 or 3 people here that don't think he's a bust...you wouldn't know because you have a hard time understanding almost everything.

Why am I always explaining shit to you?
    Because half the time you make no sense. Take the these two posts:

T you spelled "Lynch" wrong.
    He's a bust after 15 months, it's visceral to you but it is to the 2 or 3 people that don't think he's a bust.
    I understand you make typos, I do to, but don't get your panties in a bunch when clarification is asked. This gobblygook "it's visceral to you but it is to the 2 or 3 people that don't think he's a bust" makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Is this local media? Or just forum members? I've been to Denver twice this year and listen to Denver radio occasionally and I'm not hearing anything overly negative or unfair.

My AP sports feed said Trevor was pulling away with the job. Al and DMac reported the same.
    Fans in forum. Fans in Twitter. You can go back to Siemian's first start in week one and not even halfway through you had strong reactions. Whether it was Orton comparisons or just "this is horrible, how did we wind up with this as QB" type reactions to a guy in his first start.

Is it just that he's boring, as Gem and some others have said? Is it his draft status? Why the reactions? As I indicated, they can be so visceral, I'm shocked at times.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    WTF are you talking about? Were we reading the same board last night/today? Pretty much the unanimous opinion of last night is that Lynch was awful and Siemian, limited as he might be, is pretty firmly entrenched as the starter. I think slim got in your head or something.
    Less about the game day thread and more about the months leading up to that game, the 14 game day threads last year.

Even some of our otherwise even keeled guys get as worked up and angry about Siemian as we often see in politics.

Even after last night, while most except for King (who still contends they are playing at the same level ) agree that Siemian likely needs to be starters, they act like they are ready to slit their wrists over it or the season is already over.

He's not ever (or unlikely) going to be a great QB and has massive flaws in his game that are never brought up. Like, for instance, his lack of pocket presence. Or, how occasionally he flashes NFL arm strength but you see it vanish. The differences between leading a NFL WR on a pass where they can turn up field in stride for better YAC and not are finite -and he doesn't do that either.

Outside of being smart and making few mistakes he doesn't do anything well. Those guys are governors on an offenses engine. And the amount of deffernce and love he gets is boogling - he's a favorite son and he's average. Hahdhsjwhshdbxbsnajdxjbxnsh - that's how it makes me feel!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    i agree. Thing is. We saw a different Siemian in that Bengals game last year. He was throwing deep all day long.

Needs to get back to that. He took over that game in Cinci.

Havent seen that guy since that game.
    Because the WRs were open by a yard and the line held up. Of course he can do that - that was shooting tigers in a harambe cage.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

16. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    He's not ever (or unlikely) going to be a great QB and has massive flaws in his game that are never brought up. Like, for instance, his lack of pocket presence. Or, how occasionally he flashes NFL arm strength but you see it vanish. The differences between leading a NFL WR on a pass where they can turn up field in stride for better YAC and not are finite -and he doesn't do that either.

Outside of being smart and making few mistakes he doesn't do anything well. Those guys are governors on an offenses engine. And the amount of deffernce and love he gets is boogling - he's a favorite son and he's average. Hahdhsjwhshdbxbsnajdxjbxnsh - that's how it makes me feel!
    He's basically a modern day Chad Pennington. You can win 10 games with him if all else goes well, but he ain't carrying you to the promised land.

He's basically a modern day Chad Pennington. You can win 10 games with him if all else goes well, but he ain't carrying you to the promised land.
    I would like him more if he could channel the talent that he has. If he's so conservative that he can't or won't do that I get it. But if he can't, literally. Ugh.

Wait a minute...he reminds me of Andy Dalton.

Unless there is significant improvement to what we saw last year (which I think is possible, but far from guaranteed), I think this is a fair assessment.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information