Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Bears 08/10/17

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Honestly this is probably the least excited I've ever been for a preseason. I didn't even realize we had a game this week until like 2 days ago. I'm pretty pessimistic on how good this team will be this year but I would love to be proven wrong. Regardless, it will be nice to see the guys out on the field again, just hope for no injuries.
    I thought we already talked about this!! DFD!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I thought we already talked about this!! DFD!!!
    You can't control me!!!

3. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

You can't control me!!!

5. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Happy Gameday Broncos fans.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following 6 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Happy Gameday Broncos fans.
    I'm just sad I'm going to have to wait to watch it. The joys of being a youth pastor...Can't take youth group night off to watch a Broncos game...

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I can't wait! There's a ton of young talent to watch tonight. I want to see how Demarcus Walker looks at OLB. McKenzie is going to put the special back into special teams. Brendon Langley will show why he's already surpasses Doss on the depth chart. Bolles gets his first taste of NFL line play. As a matter of fact, I love this draft class overall. When I look at DeAngelo Henderson, I see a special back. I hope he shows it tonght. Carlos Henderson has been turning it on since the pads went on.

I want to see if McCoy uses the spread offense as much as he was in camp. I want to see how Jamaal Charles looks at full speed. I want to see the new and improved Adam Gotsis. My money is on him being a starter by the end of preseason. Ward is out tonight, so we get to see Simmons in a starting role. I want to see how much McCoy uses the fullback to start the game. There's a lot of good story lines tonight.....can't wait to watch them all!
    Charles isn't playing tonight, but otherwise I agree with most everything you said here.

After following all the news for the last few weeks/months, I love that we get to see this team actually take the field. I want to see McKenzie in action, I want to see Bolles, I want to see the QB's (obviously), I want to see if another edge rusher steps up with Ray and Barrett out ... good times. Oh, and no injuries - the most important part of tonight.

11. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Charles isn't playing tonight, but otherwise I agree with most everything you said here.

After following all the news for the last few weeks/months, I love that we get to see this team actually take the field. I want to see McKenzie in action, I want to see Bolles, I want to see the QB's (obviously), I want to see if another edge rusher steps up with Ray and Barrett out ... good times. Oh, and no injuries - the most important part of tonight.
    There is a lot to be excited about. Finally seeing how the QB's perform, seeing if the o-line is actually improved. Can we run the ball now? Is special teams improved? Who will step up as a pass rusher opposite Von? Who will be our 3rd WR?

Lots to watch tonight. We won't get a lot of answers tonight, we'll get that by game 3 hopefully, but it will be fun watching it play out. And like you said, more importantly than any of it, no injuries please!

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

It's nice to have Broncos playing football again.

I'm looking at all the same storylines as you guys, but another one that intrigues me: is Adam Shaheen (Bears 2d round TE draft pick) actually any good? Another one I didn't see mentioned--what does Sloter really look like? Is the hype real?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

I'm really hoping to see a much better OLine. Our offense will be much improved if that happens. :crossingmyfingers:

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    It's nice to have Broncos playing football again.

I'm looking at all the same storylines as you guys, but another one that intrigues me: is Adam Shaheen (Bears 2d round TE draft pick) actually any good? Another one I didn't see mentioned--what does Sloter really look like? Is the hype real?
    I'd say 50/50 He's probably solid, but he also isn't playing against the no fly zone, he's playing against the guys that probably won't be here come September (granted, that also means that he's got people that won't be here to work with on offense)

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'd say 50/50 He's probably solid, but he also isn't playing against the no fly zone, he's playing against the guys that probably won't be here come September (granted, that also means that he's got people that won't be here to work with on offense)
    Sure it might be tough, but at least he has Glennon and Trubisky throwing him balls.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

I'd like to get a look at Sloter too, but I'm thinking that by the time he gets into the game, he'll be mostly handing off to Juwan Thompson or Bernard Pierce, so we won't really get to see much.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Usually not longer than a quarter in the first preseason game. Maybe slightly more if they want to get both QBs a few series with the 1s.
    I read yesterday that VJ said neither QB would play more than a quarter and a half.

20. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Sure it might be tough, but at least he has Glennon and Trubisky throwing him balls.
    I was talking about slotter

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I was talking about slotter
    You can talk about whatever, free country and all.

23. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information