Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: List top three QBs drafted by the Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking this thread was a pretty good lowkey troll of Shane. Well done, T!
    I wouldn't do that. Shane and I bonded last year, and he's on my protected list.

2. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I wouldn't do that. Shane and I bonded last year, and he's on my protected list.
    an unbreakable bond.

Very few people who have discussed it over the last 30+ years have evaluated it that way, vs. the Golden Boy making a threat to walk away from football that wasn't idle, since unlike few others that have made similar threats, he had a viable option.

On an unrelated note, I have a question. Is water wet?
    I get it. But when I look at it from the point of view of judging how the Broncos acted - they still, to me, basically drafted him.

Elway
    Griese
    Tebow
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

5. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I get it. But when I look at it from the point of view of judging how the Broncos acted - they still, to me, basically drafted him.

Elway
    Griese
    Tebow
    I could buy an argument of Tebow over Maddox, but over Culter???

I could buy an argument of Tebow over Maddox, but over Culter???
    I did it for The Rock. Erhm...The Falco!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

8. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Elway
    Griese
    Tebow
    But, they didn't. They drafted a guard and traded for Elway after he held the Colts hostage. No revisionist history in thread. OP's rules.

But, they didn't. They drafted a guard and traded for Elway after he held the Colts hostage. No revisionist history in thread. OP's rules.
    Looking at things in an 'for all intents and purposes' way isn't revisionist history. I'll respect your desire for the thread, though.

Griese
    Tebow
    Cutler

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

great selection king.

Looking at things in an 'for all intents and purposes' way isn't revisionist history. I'll respect your desire for the thread, though.

Griese
    Tebow
    Cutler
    What's your thinking on:

Tebow > Cutler
    Tebox > Maddox

13. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

What's your thinking on:

Tebow > Cutler
    Tebox > Maddox
    I'm mostly just making Falco happy.

The only time in Maddox's career that I saw was his stint in Pittsburgh. I don't actually think Tebow is better than Cutler, but as a Broncos' QB, I guess I'd argue that Cutler was a big part of a playoff collapse and Tebow at least played a part in a playoff win. But...I don't really buy it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Jay Cutler
    Brian Griese
    Tommy Maddux

That's not a very good history of drafting quarterbacks.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Jay Cutler
    Brian Griese
    Tommy Maddux

As Broncos fans, we were very lucky to have Elway aquired via blackmail/trade and Manning via free agency. I think even some of the most ardent Plummer bashers probably realize that they might have underestimated how "easy" it would be to get a better QB, and of course we had Cutler and Griese bookending Plummer.

So, If we look at the last 33 seasons, your top three QBs by a wide margin are Elway, Manning and Plummer (obviously distant third to the other two) and then you could argue Cutler/Orton (I would argue Cutler I think, others would likely argue Orton).

So, 24 of the last 33 years with the best QB play came from trade/free agent signings. Then, setting aside last year, a horrible year with Tebow and the rest a mixed badk with Griese, Orton and Cutler (one of which was a trade).

Very few teams hit on a QB unless they are drafting 1st or 2nd, maybe top 5, and even those have a very high washout rates. Obviously, there is the odd 2nd rounder or even 6th rounder that turns out to be a franchise QB (or arguably best of all time), but they are few and far between.

If the Broncos didn't have so many damn winning seasons over the last 33 years, they would have had more shots at drafting legit franchise QB prospects. Bottom half of first round does not contain legit franchise QB prospects, they are mid to long-shot franchise QB prospects.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Jay Cutler
    Brian Griese
    Tommy Maddux

It's pretty crazy. If you're listing all of the Broncos QBs, I don't know that any of those guys even eclipse Plummer or Morton, at least in terms of what they did as Broncos. We've definitely had more success acquiring QBs by other means.

19. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

It's pretty crazy. If you're listing all of the Broncos QBs, I don't know that any of those guys even eclipse Plummer or Morton, at least in terms of what they did as Broncos. We've definitely had more success acquiring QBs by other means.
    Fourth and fifth on the Broncos list of QBs drafted in yards after those three played for the Vikings and Falcons in the 70s. Never played for the Broncos. Not sure what happened with either. Bob Berry and Randy Johnson.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Fourth and fifth on the Broncos list of QBs drafted in yards after those three played for the Vikings and Falcons in the 70s. Never played for the Broncos. Not sure what happened with either. Bob Berry and Randy Johnson.
    Well, Randy Johnson went on to have a HoF baseball career, so there's that!

22. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information