Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Sources Shoot Down the AJ McCarron To Broncos Trade !

MO, I'm going to get the quote wrong, but you repeated it enough, so you can help me out...

Other teams called and Josh (err, Elway) said no....

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Damn, just changed my mind on the McCarron trade. I'm on board, two firsts and TS and PL for Katherine Webb (and Cincy can throw in AJ the QB).
    Forget AJ! I'd trade my most valuable possession - my old used car - for Katherine Webb, straight up! The Bengals can keep AJ.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	katherine-webb-mccarron-sexy-instagram.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	10800
    Last edited by Cugel; 08-09-2017 at 03:38 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

You always look to improve your roster. Who cares if Elway looked at his price tag? Does it surprise anyone that there is uncertainty at the qb position? Perhaps not by design, but a consequence of this rumor is that it ups the ante for the incumbents--TS and PL. 'Just because you edged the other guy doesn't mean you won the job.'

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    You always look to improve your roster. Who cares if Elway looked at his price tag? Does it surprise anyone that there is uncertainty at the qb position? Perhaps not by design, but a consequence of this rumor is that it ups the ante for the incumbents--TS and PL. 'Just because you edged the other guy doesn't mean you won the job.'
    I've been making this point all off season. Take this example:

Trevor wins the job (not a surprise at this point). The team goes 2-2 the first 4 weeks of the season, and Trevor looks decidedly mediocre. The Raiders and Chefs are 3-1 or 4-0. Will Trevor keep his job? Possibly not. There will be tremendous pressure to change QBs at this point. Same thing if it's Paxton starting.

At the end of this season Elway will evaluate whether he has his franchise QB or not. If not, then it's on to the 2018 draft and Chad Kelly. A trade would also be possible at this point.

But, I'd be surprised if they did anything right now, before they even find out whether Paxton is a bust or not. All we're hearing is "he's not ready." Well, is he ever going to get ready, or he too stupid to learn a complex NFL offense? If he just needs more time, then fine, he gets to compete again next season. If he's just clueless and will never learn, then it will be time to move on and acknowledge that Paxton is just a busted pick.

But, McCarron is a FA next season so you'd need to work out a deal with him anyway, and there's no reason for him to accept any less than what the franchise amount is $23M. That's going to be an average NFL starting QB salary in a year or two, but Elway has never paid that much for any player and it's difficult to see him doing it now. He paid Peyton $20M and then $15M. AJ McCarron is no Peyton Manning.
    Last edited by Cugel; 08-09-2017 at 03:46 PM.

Again, AJ isn't going to get anywhere near 23 mill, thats just laughable. Probably a deal closer what Elway originally offered Brock Osweiler.

If we are going to deal that kind of cash then might as well go get Matthew Stafford. He is also in the last year of his contract and the Lions would be smart to get at least something for him.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Again, AJ isn't going to get anywhere near 23 mill, thats just laughable. Probably a deal closer what Elway originally offered Brock Osweiler.

If we are going to deal that kind of cash then might as well go get Matthew Stafford. He is also in the last year of his contract and the Lions would be smart to get at least something for him.
    That's exactly who I want is Stafford. I think I've been moderately vocal about that fact

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post

That's exactly who I want is Stafford. I think I've been moderately vocal about that fact

I wish man, him paired with our WRs and it's video game numbers for our offense. If someone called the Lions you think they would at least listen to the offer. Elway would have to make some big moves or some guys might need to restructure.

Pipe dream but....we would be a legitimate threat to go all the way.

I had to go back and watch Staffords 2016 highlights. Just insane ...incredible arm strength. You rarely see a WR having to stop or go back for a pass.

Pleeeeez Elway pleeeeez do it!

I had to go back and watch Staffords 2016 highlights. Just insane ...incredible arm strength. You rarely see a WR having to stop or go back for a pass.

Pleeeeez Elway pleeeeez do it!
    The Lions are going to tag him, is my guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

11. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    The Lions are going to tag him, is my guess.
    Mine too.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

If someone offers draft picks then things can change.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

He's like their only asset. They could use him to help rebuild...

Although I'm not really sold on Stafford. I get he has a shit team around him, but his overall record is 51-58.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    He's like their only asset. They could use him to help rebuild...

Although I'm not really sold on Stafford. I get he has a shit team around him, but his overall record is 51-58.
    In his defense, he puts up big numbers, and has done so without Megatron - that loss was supposed to kill him. His overall record is almost as deflated as a Patriot football - they were abysmal early on in his career. The past several years he's been winning consistently. IDK. I'd like to have him. I just don't think he's going to be available. Good QB's rarely become available.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

16. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

If someone offers draft picks then things can change.
    When has a proven starting QB, in his prime, with oodles of talent, been traded for just draft picks? I'm not saying it hasn't happened, or that you're wrong. I can't think of one.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    When has a proven starting QB, in his prime, with oodles of talent, been traded for just draft picks? I'm not saying it hasn't happened, or that you're wrong. I can't think of one.
    Well take away the "oodles of talent" and you've got Cutler. Though I guess Orton was in there too

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information