Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Sell me on a Bronco QB.

I don't care if Lynch brings back memories of Patton.

I just want him to be able to process coverages and blitzes

Schefter can go pack sand.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I know, but let me keep my little pipedream going for awhile longer, it will get me through what will likely be a tough season
    Back in late 2011 people gave the dreamers who wanted PFM () the pipe dream response.

Dream that ****ing dream, Big Shifter!
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I don't care if Lynch brings back memories of Patton.

I just want him to be able to process coverages and blitzes
    there's no doubt-- elway should have let lynch and mcarthur take north korea. . .

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    there's no doubt-- elway should have let lynch and mcarthur take north korea. . .
    Absolutely! Elway should have have you on speed dial bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Looking more and more like Garcia will lose his job to Babre, which will hopefully help that interior pass protection.
    Is Babre on par as a run blocker though? I appreciate that we desperately NEED quality pass protection, not just because we've so sorely lacked it so long, but because we have nothing BUT green QBs and don't need them "developing" into broken down spazzes. That said, straight ahead run blocking is Garcias (sole) true strength, and a primary duty of the RG. He won't be facing inside stunts from elite edge rushers, because they're on the QBs blindside, but WILL need to outmuscle and outtussle the biggest meanest NTs and LDEs so our RBs average >2 yds/att to avoid leaving our green unprotected QBs in 3rd and long.

Garcia's a huge liability in pass blocking because he's so easily fooled and outmaneuvered, but I hope this is more than a zero-sum trade of awful pass blocking but great run blocking for great pass blocking but awful run blocking. If, in fact, Garcia does lose his job to a guy who's only been on the team a few weeks (which in itself would speak volumes about Garcias overall ability.)
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Lol @ the thought of Garcia being great at anything. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Seems like OL is being shifted a lot. That being said get leary on the LG spot. His natural position.

All the tall of Paxton being given every opportunity, so is Garcia. They moved Leary to RG just to give Garcia a better shot.

8. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Was it a compliment or a deflection?

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Elway commenting about QB competition. Basically he wants a QB to take control and run away with the job. Siemian has not ran away with it. He has been better but not standing out as the clear winner.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...and-take-over/

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Seems like OL is being shifted a lot. That being said get leary on the LG spot. His natural position.

All the tall of Paxton being given every opportunity, so is Garcia. They moved Leary to RG just to give Garcia a better shot.
    Barbre too, apparently he can't play anything but LG either.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Barbre too, apparently he can't play anything but LG either.
    According to Tyler Polumbus, Barbre has played either four or all five positions over the years and he said he can play either guard/tackle spot. Believes that either Schofield or Barbre will make team, because they are both OL utility guys. Also feels that if Barbre wins job, that Schofield probably makes team for same reason, they need one of their backups to be flexible.

13. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

According to Tyler Polumbus, Barbre has played either four or all five positions over the years and he said he can play either guard/tackle spot. Believes that either Schofield or Barbre will make team, because they are both OL utility guys. Also feels that if Barbre wins job, that Schofield probably makes team for same reason, they need one of their backups to be flexible.
    So then, it sounds as if McGovern is closing in on a starting spot?
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    So then, it sounds as if McGovern is closing in on a starting spot?
    Tyler and Mason have both made a case that McGovern could very well win the job at RG, moving Leary back to left, to go with Paradis, Bolles and Watson. Then, you would likely be left with Schofield or Barbre, Stephenson and Garcia or Saimbrailo.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I like it.

It was the Leader of Men that said Barbre exclusively a LG, I won't pretend to know .
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

17. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Was it a compliment or a deflection?
    The first: Garcia's a bruising straight ahead run blocker; the problem is football fields aren't two-dimensional. HOWEVER, we've seen a TON of nimble savvy pass protectors who were worse than useless on 3rd and 1 or 4th and G—all the way back to Kubiak and Dennisons original coaching gigs under Shanny.

That's ultimately just as big a liability for passing, because if we can never pick up more than a yard or two rushing on 1st and 2nd down we'll never have the luxury of 3rd and 1 or 2 with our whole playbook available: We'll live and die in 3rd and long. With a rebuilt line and nothing but green QBs, mostly die. Remember, the reason guys like Jaded hate the ZBS is the lack of line surge: It's all pirouettes and judo, no sumos need apply.

There's no reason a lineman can't be strong AND agile, but the few who are rarely hit the waiver wire. And I'm (very) tired of simply swapping one set of liabilities for another on the offensive line; that's not how the guy with his name on the trophy got it there. If Barbre (and/or McGovern) can do the literal heavy lifting, great; a lineman who can pancake DTs AND pass protect is obviously better than a guy who can only do one or the other.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information