Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 LastLast

Thread: Sell me on a Bronco QB.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Send a SASE and I'll cheerfully return your click at no extra charge.
    I'd rather take a refund on the time spent reading your ridiculous posts. How about $1 per word?

Andrew Mason and Mike Rice are going off on fans and others with the idiocy of tainting what Siemian has done based on his draft status. The fact that we salute the UDFA like Harris and others, but when it comes to QB, but when it's a 7th round QB, well, then he's playing over his head.

The complete logical fallacy that Siemian can't get better, that we've seen all we will see.

Pointing out the obvious, "what do you think the perception of Lynch would be if he started last year and had Siemian's year. We would all be talking about the great year he had and that he's on his way."

It's funny, they are pausing here and there, knowing that they are sort of telling half their listeners that they are emo, idiots, so they seem to be taking pauses and choosing their words carefully to not offend their listeners, but only barely...

3. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    "Fact" is a big word. A positive assertion doesn't become a fact simply by declaring it requires no proof, especially when it is an opinion. It would be unusual for a team lacking an obvious starting QB prospect to forego drafting one, but the reigning Champs facing a trash QB draft where they have the worst possible draft position would be a reasonable exception. Reasonable men can differ on that precisely because it is a matter of opinion, not fact.
    Sorry for the delay in responding, I was on my knees holding my rosary, thanking God that you aren't part of the Broncos front office.

5. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Alijah Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Sorry for the delay in responding, I was on my knees holding my rosary, thanking God that you aren't part of the Broncos front office.
    You are both quality posters.

Quote Originally Posted by iLands View Post
    You are both quality posters.
    Neither one of us belongs in the front office (that's me showing humility, of course I would be awesome in that role).

You're catholic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    You're catholic?
    You're not?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    You're not?
    It's complicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    You're not?

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    You're catholic?
    Based on my attendance, my great aunt who was a nun for 50 years before passing might say that I'm not...

13. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Some quotes from VJ on his decision and about Siemian's arm and potential:

On naming a starting quarterback
    “After a long battle, four or five-month battle actually, we’ve decided on making [QB] Trevor Siemian our quarterback. With that being said, both guys competed hard. Both guys wanted the job. I was pleased with both guys, but overall, the operation of the entire offense—decision making and ball placement—were more consistent with Trevor. That’s why he won the job. I met with those guys this morning. They understood that. We just finished our team meeting, so everyone is on the same page. We’re all going to support [QB] Paxton [Lynch] moving forward. He’s a young player. He has a bright future still. In my opinion, we have two quarterbacks. Most teams can’t say that and I truly believe that. We do have two guys. Whoever would have played, I would have felt comfortable with, but Trevor was more consistent with what we asked those guys to do as a starting quarterback.”

On what he expects out of Siemian moving forward

“As far as taking the reins, I want Trevor to be himself. He’s a bright guy. He’s focused. Trevor gets no credit for being a guy with a great arm. That’s never been talked about as far as Trevor’s arm talent. He’s got a great arm. Just be yourself, Trevor. Use your weapons. Be a leader and play good football for us. Be a leader. Just be Trevor. That’s all we want.”

On expecting Siemian to blossom now

“Absolutely, I think Trevor gets no credit for his arm talent. He won nine games last year and probably could have won 10 or 11. So I’m excited about Trevor; protecting him more than we did last year, running the football better and continue to play great defense. I think he fits the bill for us.”
    On deciding who to play based off potential
    “You can’t. It’s all about performance not potential. Trevor is ready to lead our football team. We’ve got two receivers that are All-Pro caliber, we’ve got a great backfield and fixed the offensive line. We need a guy who can operate at a high level all of the time.”
    On if Siemian doesn’t receive credit because he was a seventh-round draft pick
    “Absolutely he does not get the credit. You watch Trevor play the position—I’ve talked to numerous NFL coaches and it’s all the same. He’s a pretty good quarterback in this league.”

On Siemian being deemed by some as a conservative quarterback
    “I don’t see that at all. Watching him last year I didn’t see that. It was a different offense last year; it was more of a West Coast offense. More off a touchdown, check-down offense. More of a power run game—zone run game. This feels different. It’s more one-back; it’s more spread stuff. Naturally, he’s going to be more aggressive because of the play calls.”

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Some quotes from VJ on his decision and about Siemian's arm and potential:

On naming a starting quarterback
    “After a long battle, four or five-month battle actually, we’ve decided on making [QB] Trevor Siemian our quarterback. With that being said, both guys competed hard. Both guys wanted the job. I was pleased with both guys, but overall, the operation of the entire offense—decision making and ball placement—were more consistent with Trevor. That’s why he won the job. I met with those guys this morning. They understood that. We just finished our team meeting, so everyone is on the same page. We’re all going to support [QB] Paxton [Lynch] moving forward. He’s a young player. He has a bright future still. In my opinion, we have two quarterbacks. Most teams can’t say that and I truly believe that. We do have two guys. Whoever would have played, I would have felt comfortable with, but Trevor was more consistent with what we asked those guys to do as a starting quarterback.”

On what he expects out of Siemian moving forward

“As far as taking the reins, I want Trevor to be himself. He’s a bright guy. He’s focused. Trevor gets no credit for being a guy with a great arm. That’s never been talked about as far as Trevor’s arm talent. He’s got a great arm. Just be yourself, Trevor. Use your weapons. Be a leader and play good football for us. Be a leader. Just be Trevor. That’s all we want.”

On expecting Siemian to blossom now

“Absolutely, I think Trevor gets no credit for his arm talent. He won nine games last year and probably could have won 10 or 11. So I’m excited about Trevor; protecting him more than we did last year, running the football better and continue to play great defense. I think he fits the bill for us.”
    On deciding who to play based off potential
    “You can’t. It’s all about performance not potential. Trevor is ready to lead our football team. We’ve got two receivers that are All-Pro caliber, we’ve got a great backfield and fixed the offensive line. We need a guy who can operate at a high level all of the time.”
    On if Siemian doesn’t receive credit because he was a seventh-round draft pick
    “Absolutely he does not get the credit. You watch Trevor play the position—I’ve talked to numerous NFL coaches and it’s all the same. He’s a pretty good quarterback in this league.”

On Siemian being deemed by some as a conservative quarterback
    “I don’t see that at all. Watching him last year I didn’t see that. It was a different offense last year; it was more of a West Coast offense. More off a touchdown, check-down offense. More of a power run game—zone run game. This feels different. It’s more one-back; it’s more spread stuff. Naturally, he’s going to be more aggressive because of the play calls.”
    Our offense needs more TDs, our defense is ment to be playing with a lead. Make opposing team pass more and let von wreck havoc

17. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Leader of Men does talk a good game. . . if he coaches that well, we should be in decent shape. . .

19. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

"Naturally, he’s going to be more aggressive because of the play calls"— L.o.M

#IAmTheSmartestManAlive
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Chad Kelly coming for your tigris King.

He swoopin in.

Gunna name him the Kellydactyl or Swagasaurus. I havnt decided yet.

A new form of dinosaur created in Jurrasic Park with Legacy DNA.

Hold on to your butts.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information