Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Training Camp Across the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I have a less favorable impression. He's better than Ty Sam, good. But he can't stop Von. Von is good, but that doesn't mean it's acceptable to get abused by Von. He's got a few weeks to figure it out before he has to deal with Bosa and Ingram.
    Kind sir you just reminded me, it's Monday.

He needs to be able to do just that. I get that he's no Joe Thomas, maybe no one is. But week in, week out, Thomas sees 20-50 of the best efforts from the opposing pass rush and gives up a sack per 150 passing downs. Bolles is giving up the ass to Von's speed whenever Von decides. Von might be the best, but Mack, Bosa, and others around the league are also excellent.

We don't need him to be Joe Thomas, but he's got to be able to stop Von more often than not to be an effective starter.
    Most great LT's don't stop the very best pass rushers consistently. Even Pro Bowlers. The collective wisdom used to be that if you don't give up a sack against a pass rusher you had a good game; with more of an emphasis on advanced stats, we know that plenty of Pro Bowl LT's give up hurries, QB hits, penalties, etc to top end pass rushers. I'm not going to put Bolles on an expectation level of Munoz, Pace, Jones, Ogden, or Thomas. Those are the few guys who would truly blank a pass rusher of the utmost ability.

He's probably on the track to more along the lines of Donald Penn than the first ballot HoFers, and that's more than fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Most great LT's don't stop the very best pass rushers consistently. Even Pro Bowlers. The collective wisdom used to be that if you don't give up a sack against a pass rusher you had a good game; with more of an emphasis on advanced stats, we know that plenty of Pro Bowl LT's give up hurries, QB hits, penalties, etc to top end pass rushers. I'm not going to put Bolles on an expectation level of Munoz, Pace, Jones, Ogden, or Thomas. Those are the few guys who would truly blank a pass rusher of the utmost ability.

He's probably on the track to more along the lines of Donald Penn than the first ballot HoFers, and that's more than fine.
    Penn could consistently manage his assignment. He didn't give up a sack through his first 8 games last year. Bolles cannot handle his assignments. If you think he has that potential, great. Maybe he does. But not yet. He has a month to get there. Hopefully yesterday was a wake up call and he improves quickly by going against the best and getting his nose rubbed in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Penn could consistently manage his assignment. He didn't give up a sack through his first 8 games last year. Bolles cannot handle his assignments. If you think he has that potential, great. Maybe he does. But not yet. He has a month to get there. Hopefully yesterday was a wake up call and he improves quickly by going against the best and getting his nose rubbed in it.
    That was Penn's banner year. His best as a pro on a line filled with other all-pros.

Bolles has been unable to handle Von, not the rest of his assignments. By and large, the reports on Bolles is that he's looking good. And good LT's give up sacks to insanely talented defensive players. So even if he's just good, getting a just good LT where we did in the draft on our line that literally cost us games, I don't understand how anyone couldn't be excited about that. I think your standards are off, the context is off, and I think you're just off, but who knows.

And McCaffery will probably be a really good player, and a make you miss RB with speed will always be more fun than a LT. LT's aren't fun. They're a fiber diet. RB's are nachos.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

That was Penn's banner year. His best as a pro on a line filled with other all-pros.

Bolles has been unable to handle Von, not the rest of his assignments. By and large, the reports on Bolles is that he's looking good. And good LT's give up sacks to insanely talented defensive players. So even if he's just good, getting a just good LT where we did in the draft on our line that literally cost us games, I don't understand how anyone couldn't be excited about that. I think your standards are off, the context is off, and I think you're just off, but who knows.

And McCaffery will probably be a really good player, and a make you miss RB with speed will always be more fun than a LT. LT's aren't fun. They're a fiber diet. RB's are nachos.
    Bolles is fun, I don't care what you say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

6. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Bolles is fun, I don't care what you say.
    You know what I meant! I'd buy you a beer if for no other reason just to say I did.

8. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The only reason I'm buying Hawg a beer is I expect him to pay for the next round.

Brandon Albert retired today. Jaguars tripping over themselves again.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I did not see that retirement coming.

Jets going 0-16?

I've never seen a worse QB situation than what the Jets have. None of those guys are any good.
    Lol, call me the devil, but ours is looking pretty pathetic.

13. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Yeah, glass houses and all that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Mahones looks good

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Mahones looks good
    Don't think we forgot the murderdance that took place over your rotting corpse in this thread!

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    You know how I feel about TS - I would rather have TS as my starter for the next two years than have any of that pile of garbage that they call players. At least TS is smart. At least Lynch is talented. None of their guys are true talents, they're all stupid, and they'll probably all be out of the league in a year and die by getting hit by a bus. They have no hope, they smell bad, they dishonor their familial names, and I hate them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post

one section of fans? wow thrilling.

50 people showed up.
    Last edited by ShaneFalco; 07-31-2017 at 06:39 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Do you also enjoy looking at an empty stadium in st Louis
    took 10 years for that. Took 1 year for LA.

Alot of empty bleachers.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information