Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: PFT is reporting that Devontae Booker is hurt

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Default PFT is reporting that Devontae Booker is hurt

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-wrist-injury/

well, shit. . . there's no link, so not sure where it's coming from, but they are claiming that he's expected to miss 6-8 weeks. . . no idea how accurate this is, but it will suck if it's correct. . . that would have him missing all of camp, and potentially missing games in september as well. . . all the more reason for us to hope that jamaal charles is in fact healthy enough to give us some quality production, because we're gonna be real thin behind CJ all of a sudden if he's not-- and CJ's not exactly a model of durability himself, especially if you have to give him a heavy workload every week. . .

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-wrist-injury/

well, shit. . . there's no link, so not sure where it's coming from, but they are claiming that he's expected to miss 6-8 weeks. . . no idea how accurate this is, but it will suck if it's correct. . . that would have him missing all of camp, and potentially missing games in september as well. . . all the more reason for us to hope that jamaal charles is in fact healthy enough to give us some quality production, because we're gonna be real thin behind CJ all of a sudden if he's not-- and CJ's not exactly a model of durability himself, especially if you have to give him a heavy workload every week. . .
    Klis confirmed it. Well it looks like we're going to get a good long look at Henderson.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Sign DeAngelo Williams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That's at most 2 games, and if it's 6 weeks, he's back for the opener. I don't see it as too big of a deal, other than missing some reps it'd be nice he had.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

We'll see more Charles and Henderson for now, I guess. Juwan Thompson could stick around into the regular season as well. Not the end of the world, but kind of a bad start to TC, considering they haven't even gotten on the field yet

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Too bad Hillman got signed by the Cowboys.
    Last edited by BroncoWave; 07-27-2017 at 09:34 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I may be too down on him after one year - but I thought he was your classic "Look like Tarzan, play like Jane" guy last year. He doesn't seem to have any vision, patience or natural feel. He's like a slightly more talented Juwan Thompson. Hoping Charles and the rook can rise to the occasion.

11. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

He is niwing going to be playing from behind. Henderson should jump to behind charles and cj since bookwr has to learn playbook too. Inliked him in college and think he could be really good.

Hes a lot more talented than Juwanna man.

But we have Bernard Pierce as well. He is the best back that is not CJ and Jamal (henderson unknown)....

Booker is a boss. He did not fit the zbs at all. He should do well in this system.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

14. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Devontae Booker out estimated six weeks with small wrist fracture

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Running back Devontae Booker will miss about six weeks with a fracture in his right wrist, Head Coach Vance Joseph said Thursday.

“We won’t lose him for the season, but training camp’s out,” said Joseph on Thursday on Orange and Blue Radio. “And that’s a shame for him, because he had a strong spring. He’s coming on strong. He wants to be the guy. He’s got good, young legs. So for him, it’s a shame. But that being said, it’s a full room. We’ve got plenty of guys to play until he comes back. We’ve got four or five guys to play here.”

Booker will undergo surgery on Friday.

Added Joseph: “It happened in OTAs, and he felt fine with it. He went home for the summer and came back and got his physical and it was still bothering him a little bit so we took an X-ray, and it was there.”

Joseph said the injury wouldn’t prevent Booker from playing, but that the team was concerned with his “quality of life moving forward.”
    rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...2-22b93eb807d1

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Well, Booker figured to be CJ's backup and press him for starting time, with Charles coming off the bench as a 3rd down guy, who can catch passes out of the backfield.

I don't know if this affects much. Perhaps they give Charles a bigger role? But, in truth, IF he's healthy and IF he can stay healthy, and IF he hasn't lost too much physically, Charles is by FAR the best RB on the roster. It's not even close. I'd look to see CJ alternate with Charles until they get a view on how much Charles can contribute this season.

But, that man is on a mission to prove everybody wrong and the likelihood is that he's got at least 1 good year left. If that is the case, losing Booker isn't anything to worry about. If not, then they might want to add some depth at RB because the other RBs on the roster are either scrubs (Jawan Thompson) or unproven. Henderson is a nice change of pace back - in theory, but he's a rookie and you can't count on rookies.

CJ, Henderson, Charles and Janovich, maybe Thompson. I think they are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    CJ, Henderson, Charles and Janovich, maybe Thompson. I think they are fine.
    Well, Janovich isn't going to be carrying the ball a lot. He's a great lead blocker and they will use him in that role a lot. He can also catch an occasional pass coming out of the backfield. We didn't see much from him last year because the OL was so terrible. This year should be different.

I'm getting the feeling that Jamal Charles who is currently "bouncing around between the 1's the 2's and the 3's" is more from bringing him along slowly to evaluate his health, rather than just putting him into a straight up competition with CJ.

Personally, I'm counting on him to make a monster impact in at least 1 game this year. I think he will have a good season left and if so, remember those horrible moments when he would make a move on a defender and get free in the secondary and as a fan you're screaming "NO! NO! Get him down! Get him down!" because of the fear he'd just take it to the House?

That could still be happening for the Broncos this year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Given CJ's injury history and the fact that Booker is already hurt, we might be relying on Charles in a bigger way than we thought this season. Hope he is up to it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Given CJ's injury history and the fact that Booker is already hurt, we might be relying on Charles in a bigger way than we thought this season. Hope he is up to it.
    He's got an injury history too.

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information