Page 116 of 144 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2150

Thread: Training camp practice / press conference notes

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Another team can sign him to their active roster, but cannot just sign him to their PS.
    During the season, yes, as I said. At the cut from 90 to 53? I don't think so. This is the closest thing I could find to explain it - these guys are all released in cuts, so they can sign anywhere they want, including another team's PS:

A practice squad player can be signed by another team, as long as the signing team adds the player to the 53-man roster.

A practice squad player cannot be signed to another team’s practice squad.
    A player can, however, be signed to another team’s practice squad if their original team releases them.
    https://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/3/12...ibility-primer

2. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    The or two part...yikes, that's not what you want to hear.
    Exactly. At some point, that guy is just a bust. I'd try to sucker some other team into trading for him now before another year goes by and the coach says again that he's "not ready yet." But we won't do that and hope he develops.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    During the season, yes, as I said. At the cut from 90 to 53? I don't think so. This is the closest thing I could find to explain it - these guys are all released in cuts, so they can sign anywhere they want, including another team's PS:

https://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/3/12...ibility-primer
    Ah, you're right. They are released at the cut. Normally another team must sign to active roster to sign from practice squad. At this particular cut they are not yet on the PS.

The very even-keeled Andrew Mason, when asked whether he's seen improvement from Siemian this offseason:

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver now

Andrew Mason Retweeted Mike Christensen

Two things I've noticed: He's trusting his receivers in tighter windows; he's more confident in his ability to make pre-snap changes at line

The or two part...yikes, that's not what you want to hear.
    That would put him right in the 2-3 year project range.

Exactly. At some point, that guy is just a bust. I'd try to sucker some other team into trading for him now before another year goes by and the coach says again that he's "not ready yet." But we won't do that and hope he develops.
    The problem is a team going to give up for him? A 5th round pick? Maybe. I can't see getting much more at this point for a QB that clearly showed he isn't ready to start. Let's say it's a 5th, will the player the Broncos get with that 5th round pick be a better bet then giving Lynch some more time to see if his physical tools can be turned into a quality NFL starter?

The very even-keeled Andrew Mason, when asked whether he's seen improvement from Siemian this offseason:

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver now

Andrew Mason Retweeted Mike Christensen

Two things I've noticed: He's trusting his receivers in tighter windows; he's more confident in his ability to make pre-snap changes at line
    Yup, agree on both points with Mase. All the way around he looked comfortable out there.

In fact, He looked like Bengals game Trevor again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    That would put him right in the 2-3 year project range.

The problem is a team going to give up for him? A 5th round pick? Maybe. I can't see getting much more at this point for a QB that clearly showed he isn't ready to start. Let's say it's a 5th, will the player the Broncos get with that 5th round pick be a better bet then giving Lynch some more time to see if his physical tools can be turned into a quality NFL starter?
    This is year two, if he needs another year that's three. IF it's or two that's 4...That's not good.

This is year two, if he needs another year that's three. IF it's or two that's 4...That's not good.
    We are barely into year two. So, two years (another year), would be ready for 2018. Three years (another two) would be ready for 2019. So, right on target with the majority of draft prognosticators.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default NFL owners eliminate first roster cut-down period

Not sure if this was ever posted, and I just heard about this a couple of days ago.

In a move that improves chances for roster longshots but also intensifies a frantic, end-of-preseason period for head coaches and general managers, NFL owners on Tuesday voted to eliminate the first cut-down period forcing teams to trim their roster to 75 before the final preseason game.

Now, there will be one cut down following the preseason, from a 90-man roster to a 53-man.

The news, reported by NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport, essentially gives 480 players (15 per team) the chance to remain on the roster for one final audition. Already desperate for more film, the league's bottom-of-the-roster players should consider the decision a major victory.
    rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...cutdown-period

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

11. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 18m18 minutes ago

Broncos have claimed RB Stanley Williams off waivers from Bengals. #9sports

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 17m17 minutes ago

Stanley "Boom" Williams is a rookie who rushed for 1,170 yards at Kentucky last season. Replaces Bernard Pierce whom Broncos cut. #9sports

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Another RB??

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Another RB??
    I guess they wanted another body for that fourth game? I can't see him making the roster.

That's only in season, if a team tries to poach a PS guy, the original team can block that by adding the player to the active roster. At the initial cut to 53 (and there's only one this year), everyone has to be waived to get to that number, and then teams start filling in their PS. So if someone signs Sloter (or anyone else we let go), we can't do anything about it.
    That cutdown wrinkle was one I hadn't anticipated, and makes me a sad panda.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Consider all your posts about "NEEDING" a QB linked. I mean, if the reigning SB Champs can't afford to be with no better option than Butt Fumble, can perennial train wrecks like the Jets and Browns afford to roll into 2017 with no better options than Oz and Kizer, or McCown and Hackenberg? Bonus points to the Jets: You know you screwed up when your projected starter's Clevelands most recent FORMER starter. That's a whole new level of desperation; they'd likely bite on Lynch.

President of the Denver chapter of Sheldon Richardsons fan club responds in 3... 2... 1....
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

We are barely into year two. So, two years (another year), would be ready for 2018. Three years (another two) would be ready for 2019. So, right on target with the majority of draft prognosticators.

18. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information