Page 110 of 144 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2150

Thread: Training camp practice / press conference notes

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Which is kind of what I've seen too. What is nice about TS is when he screws up, he bounces right back. I'd rather he just not screw up, but bouncing back and not letting it get to him the next drive is key.

When Paxton screws up, it seems to take several plays or even more than one drive to shake it off. That can lead to more mistakes. He can grow through it, but that's for sure something that needs addressed for him to take it to the next level as a player.
    Unfortunately the only way to grow through it is to GO through it and screw up... If he shows that we have a better chance of winning with him under center I'm all about it... If not, cest la vie

2. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Which is kind of what I've seen too. What is nice about TS is when he screws up, he bounces right back. I'd rather he just not screw up, but bouncing back and not letting it get to him the next drive is key.

When Paxton screws up, it seems to take several plays or even more than one drive to shake it off. That can lead to more mistakes. He can grow through it, but that's for sure something that needs addressed for him to take it to the next level as a player.
    I think it was lammey who said on a tweet a few weeks back that Paxton threw and int....and then started yo hesitate and ended up making bad throws. Looked like he was 2nd guessing self.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    So I guess PL was 12-12 today...no incompletions.
    Man, I hope he is everything Elway thinks he is...

I have a soft spot for Trevor, but he's not a world class QB.

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Lynch went 12 for 12 today with 3 or 4 wow throws.
    Hopefully it's starting to click. Very curious to see how he plays in game Saturday.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Hopefully it's starting to click. Very curious to see how he plays in game Saturday.
    I think the starter being named is hinging on this game. Like elways comments. Neither has come in and took the position reins and ran away with position.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Of course, all I had to go by were a few minutes' worth of highlights on the official site, but
    on a couple passes Lynch threw, he held the ball it seemed a good 3 or 4 seconds. We'll see
    how he does Saturday when 1,200 pounds of monsters are barreling in on him for real . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I still don't think he has earned it. He needs to rip the job out of Siemens hands. No coddling.

10. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    I still don't think he has earned it. He needs to rip the job out of Siemens hands. No coddling.
    Right now, the prevailing wisdom from the media (I know, that's a softball) is that most of the players and many in the organization know that Siemian has been the player and based on just performance has won the job, but that Elway and company think Lynch's upside is enough that they are giving him every chance to show them just enough to be comfortable naming him the starter. That comfort includes him showing enough that they don't lose the locker room by naming the loser of the "open QB competition" the starter week 1.

P.S. I should add that this includes Mike Klis saying that he's been surprised how much extra time Lynch is getting with the ones, which seems to make it clear they are giving Lynch every opportunity to win it, rather than giving both QBs equal time with the first team and seeing who performs best.

He also feels that for all intents and purpose, whoever is named the week 3 starter will be the starter, even if it's not officially announced until after game three. I guess, that gives them some flexibility if the week 3 starter really stinks it up, and potentially keeps the "open competition" theme open.
    Last edited by Tned; 08-18-2017 at 08:16 AM.

I don't like that neither has done that yet. I wanted to see one or the other decisively win. Instead we're kind of going to end up with TS by default.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I don't like that neither has done that yet. I wanted to see one or the other decisively win. Instead we're kind of going to end up with TS by default.
    He's the safer pick. That's my hot take.

He's the safer pick. That's my hot take.
    You don't have to sell me on him obviously, I just wish this battle was more of a battle

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I think that is the problem elway and vj are having. Siemian is consistent but he has not blow the competition out of water yo say the job is his. He has been better but not separating himself from lynch enough. Lynch seems to be showing enough to still be hanging in there.....example is makes some wow throws every practice but has a rough period each practice too.

As far as the offense goes we do not know how much of the playbook each QB has grasped. Is the playbook fully open to each one. Does lynch have less? Can both make all the throws for new offense or is play calling catered to each?

Have I mentioned I hate QB competition. As important as this position is I think it needs to have its starter named and let that QB learn offence with the first string and get into rhythm with offense.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    I think that is the problem elway and vj are having. Siemian is consistent but he has not blow the competition out of water yo say the job is his. He has been better but not separating himself from lynch enough. Lynch seems to be showing enough to still be hanging in there.....example is makes some wow throws every practice but has a rough period each practice too.

As far as the offense goes we do not know how much of the playbook each QB has grasped. Is the playbook fully open to each one. Does lynch have less? Can both make all the throws for new offense or is play calling catered to each?

Have I mentioned I hate QB competition. As important as this position is I think it needs to have its starter named and let that QB learn offence with the first string and get into rhythm with offense.
    My take on all the reports is that he's great when it's 7 on 7, but typically he loses any and all consistency once it goes to 11 on 11 If something happens to shake his confidence, it's gone for awhile and he plays inconsistent.

He's young, he may need another year or two to mature, but the question becomes, if Stafford or one of the other FA QB's that's out there fall in our laps, do we keep waiting for Paxton or do we cut bait and run.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

You don't have to sell me on him obviously, I just wish this battle was more of a battle
    Yeah you'd hope one would take it by the balls.

You see Bortles have a meltdown? He backed himself into a QB competition.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Stink mentioned they were in shells. Like not in full pads or a serious threat of being hit.

This preseason game might be the first I give I shit about.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information