Page 86 of 144 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2150

Thread: Training camp practice / press conference notes

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    That sack wasn't on him - the ball was held on far too long and the pocket was set so the QB could climb the ladder. I don't think he's the second coming or anything, it was far from all being on him.
    Once again I have to ask if you watched the game. VJ talked about Garcia allowing the pressure on that play. Since I'm guessing you didn't watch the play and are basing it off the stat sheet AGAIN, you simply are running with the comments about "Watson" being beat, so without watching the play you are blaming Siemian for dropping to deep (a previous claim you have made on this play) and making a ludicrous comment about how the "pocket was set to climb the ladder."

Let me set the stage for you, since you clearly didn't watch it (fortunately, VJ did and talked about the play and blamed Garcia -- not Watson, probably because Siemian could have stepped up if Garcia wasn't beat so badly up the middle).

1st and 10, McCoy calls a play action, TS fakes the ball and then sets his back foot after the drop, as he "starts" to turn back up field (what happens after a play action), a rusher who badly beat Watson is bearing down on his right, at the same time, the interior rusher who bull rushed Garcia, is charging up the middle. The ONLY way to "climb the ladder" would have been if someone clubbed the interior rusher with one and then Siemian used a ladder to climb over the guy that bull rushed right past Garcia to avoid the guy that flew past Watson as if he was on his coffee break.

So, he's hit in 2.3 seconds, on a PLAY action, with both Watson and Garcia being completely beat and not slowing down their rushers at all.

Unfortunately, Gamepass is messed up and that play is gone so I can't take a screen shot, and I don't have my phone with me to take a picture of the TV screen to show you, but it's also not worth the effort, because we would get something like, "but a QB with pocket awareness would have been able to leap over interior rusher that beat Garcia, while twirling around and smiling at the cheer squad before making a 30 yard strike into a tight pocket on a double covered WR" or some other BS.

I don't mean to sound rude King, but you can't keep just making shit up and stating it as fact. Then, when people provide you with stats, video, screen shots or whatever, you just ignore it and keep repeating the same fact-based spin. If you haven't watched the play, don't comment on it, or pose it as a question, "well, maybe if Watson was beat, he could have stepped up in the pocket."

Please, by all means show me some screen shots or other "EVIDENCE" that shows my analysis of the play is wrong.

#inconvenienttruth

It gets really old with the "did you watch the game," crap. There were several other posters who made the same observation as I did, and some of them were guys who liked TS.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/89580...ncos-105990724

It wasn't a sack done in 2.3 seconds. It was a sack where the pocket was there for him to step up into. It was a play where TS didn't feel any pressure which is an issue. Feeling pressure and moving up into the pocket is a skill and trait that numerous great and good QB's have - it's a way for QB's to avoid pressure. He wasn't hit in 2.3 seconds, either. Watch the replay and count from the time the ball is snapped and to the sack, and note when the camera zooms in and TS has no idea there's even a rusher there.

I don't even care that you disagree with me - I'm getting tired of the "since you didn't watch it," and all the other barbs you send my way. Knock it off. I've been nothing but civil to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Good to hear on Wolfe. Stop scaring us like that, guys!

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Good to hear on Wolfe. Stop scaring us like that, guys!
    What's the news? Sprain?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    What's the news? Sprain?
    Seems that way- Joseph said ankle, doesn't seem serious

And then there's this:

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That's good. This team can't rely on its offense.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

It gets really old with the "did you watch the game," crap. There were several other posters who made the same observation as I did, and some of them were guys who liked TS.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/89580...ncos-105990724

It wasn't a sack done in 2.3 seconds. It was a sack where the pocket was there for him to step up into. It was a play where TS didn't feel any pressure which is an issue. Feeling pressure and moving up into the pocket is a skill and trait that numerous great and good QB's have - it's a way for QB's to avoid pressure. He wasn't hit in 2.3 seconds, either. Watch the replay and count from the time the ball is snapped and to the sack, and note when the camera zooms in and TS has no idea there's even a rusher there.

I don't even care that you disagree with me - I'm getting tired of the "since you didn't watch it," and all the other barbs you send my way. Knock it off. I've been nothing but civil to you.
    Thank you for the vid, King. It showed me that you are in error. Yes, it was longer than 2.3 seconds, but the
    key is that it was a play-action. The problem there is that in a play-action the QB has his back turned as he
    retreats, due to the nature of the play. So the DE is coming around Watson, and the tackle coming up the
    middle past Garcia, and Trevor had just enough time to turn around and get buried. I'm afraid this was not
    on Trevor. It was on the two offensive lineman, both who absolutely whiffed their blocks.
    Last edited by topscribe; 08-12-2017 at 03:23 PM. Reason: typo
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Carlos Henderson got injured now? Thumb?

Edit: Twitter confirmed. Not sure severity.

It gets really old with the "did you watch the game," crap.
    Welcome to BF.

In that clip, the ball was snapped with 12:35 on the game clock, and Floyd had Siemian wrapped up by by 12:32. That may not be exactly 2.3 seconds, but pretty close, and Watson definitely blew the block, barely slowing Floyd before he was around him en route to Siemian. We're back to the same old thing: "If the pass 'protection' lasts <3 seconds, the QB must suck out loud." Not really; you'd have better luck convincing me Lynch only looks like crap because stuck behind that same porous "blocking."
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Thank you for the vid, King. It showed me that you are in error. Yes, it was longer than 2.3 seconds, but the
    key is that it was a play-action. The problem there is that in a play-action the QB has his back turned as he
    retreats, due to the nature of the play. So the DE is coming around Watson, and the tackle coming up the
    middle past Garcia, and Trevor had just enough time to turn around and get buried. I'm afraid this was not
    on Trevor. It was on the two offensive lineman, both who absolutely whiffed their blocks.
    All kinds of QB's have their backs turned to pressure and avoid it, Top. It's a skill that some refer to as feeling the pressure, that's just what I refer to it as. Others call it pocket presence, etc. The pressure up the middle is always going to be an issue for a QB - it stops people from moving up the pocket, etc. That doesn't excuse getting sacked by the outside rusher. We disagree.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

All kinds of QB's have their backs turned to pressure and avoid it, Top. It's a skill that some refer to as feeling the pressure, that's just what I refer to it as. Others call it pocket presence, etc. The pressure up the middle is always going to be an issue for a QB - it stops people from moving up the pocket, etc. That doesn't excuse getting sacked by the outside rusher. We disagree.
    King, all QBs get sacked. Elway got sacked. Peyton got sacked. Brady gets sacked. Even Fran Tarkenton,
    with all his mobility, got sacked. You are coming across as if it is on the QB every time a QB is sacked.
    The fact of it is, Watson and Garcia whiffed their blocks, which resulted in the sack. Trevor never had a
    chance. I know you don't like Trevor, but you need to be realistic.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 11m

Early word is Wolfe sprained right ankle. Annoying, painful injury but has time to recover before opener. They need him @DenverChannel

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Wolfe.......injured.......again...
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Wolfe.......injured.......again...
    Be careful using the word "again" around him.

22. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information