Page 106 of 144 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2150

Thread: Training camp practice / press conference notes

hashtag the decision?

good grief.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    What's stands out to me.....in the red zone drills siemian played it safe with moving the ball it sounds like. Lynch when for TD every pass. That speaks volumes in their styles if play.
    Which is why Lynch is having such an up and down camp, making some nice plays, but lots of mistakes. Think back to half the fan base hating Cutler for his red zone turnovers. It was essentially fiction, because if you looked at Cutler's TD to INT ratio in the redzone, it was really good, but what stood out was the INTs, and that's what you get with gun slingers -- mistakes that go along with the pedal down, go for it on every throw mentality.

What little we can pickup on Lynch's play over the last week is a mirror of his starts last year. He likes to go deep, but is inaccurate. When he throws short and runs when the play breaks down, his accuracy and results are much improved.

It's important to remember that while he has a cannon arm, they didn't throw the ball deep at Memphis, so like many things, he's probably learning how to throw it deep accurately.

Both 760 and 104.3 are talking about how based on their time in the Broncos locker room during camp, they believe VJ will lose the locker room if they start Lynch, who clearly isn't the best QB right now. 760 referred back to starting Cutler and Brister causing locker room problems and how Shanahan has said that starting Griese over Brister was a mistake.

In contrast, Steve Atwater said he doesn't believe VJ would lose the locker room and other young QBs have been thrown out there over the years, and another former player on 104.3 (didn't recognize voice and didn't hear who it was), also VJ would't lose the locker room, even though he agreed that Siemian has won the job.

Atwater went as far as saying that the media will be more upset about it than the players, but the two 760 guys that do the locker room interviews, disagreed with him.

The Denver media is having a field day with this, and fans are eating it up. Ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

6. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Both 760 and 104.3 are talking about how based on their time in the Broncos locker room during camp, they believe VJ will lose the locker room if they start Lynch, who clearly isn't the best QB right now. 760 referred back to starting Cutler and Brister causing locker room problems and how Shanahan has said that starting Griese over Brister was a mistake.

In contrast, Steve Atwater said he doesn't believe VJ would lose the locker room and other young QBs have been thrown out there over the years, and another former player on 104.3 (didn't recognize voice and didn't hear who it was), also VJ would't lose the locker room, even though he agreed that Siemian has won the job.

Atwater went as far as saying that the media will be more upset about it than the players, but the two 760 guys that do the locker room interviews, disagreed with him.
    I think it was you or NTL who posted the Talib quote from his interview with Dave Logan where Logan asked Talib before last week's game if he knew who the starter was in his mind, and Talib said yes...

These veterans on the defense want to win now - I absolutely believe that VJ would risk losing the locker room if he went with the guy who hadn't won the job. Moreso with this team than some because we're 2 years removed from a Championship and have a veteran-laden defense with a proven track record. They don't wanna be grooming some guy who's not ready for prime time. Not to mention the whispers from last year about the tension between offense and defense in the locker room.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    The Denver media is having a field day with this, and fans are eating it up. Ugh.
    It is kind of a big deal though. It's really the biggest question mark this team has going into the season. The D is stout. The o line is what it is. It'll either be better or it won't.

3rd receiver and TE are question marks but not nearly a big a deal as who's going to QB the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    hashtag the decision?

good grief.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that saw that and rolled my damn eyes... come on now...

Lol, good 'ole Cecil. I love him, but immediately on with how Lynch won the day. Siemian had an INT, it was tipped and bounced up, but still.... Best throw of the day was a 30-35 yard throw by Fowler. However, host (might be Stokely) grilling him about 7 on 7 vs 11 on 11, because they know Lammey is a Lynch homer and they were just talking about how Siemian has been clearly better QB all camp.

Consistent theme with Lammey is only Tweeting things about Siemian if it's bad. Bugs me, because I like Lammey. He says he holds Lynch to a higher standard than Siemian.

I think it's Stokely, but whoever it is grilling Lammey, asking about who did better in red zone, and Lammey grudgingly admitted Siemian was better.

When pressed: "to say Paxton dominated today would be inaccurate."

Troy Renck was texted by one of the 104.3 guys while Lammey was talking to check up on his report and asked if Renck agreed with Lammey that Lynch won the day and he responded he would give Lynch slight edge. Good early, then cringe worth stretch, and then threw a couple TDs.

The 104.3 host (Zack Bye I think) said he's never seen an organization bend over backwards to this degree for a player. They are both talking about how Lynch doesn't seem to even be grasping the moment and how big a moment this is in terms of his entire future. Stokely more or less agreed and said clearly the team wants Lynch to win the job, and are giving every chance to give them any excuse to do so.

I won't listen to Dmac and Al, but since I started my work day early and things wrapped up early afternoon, I bounced between the radio broadcasts the last hour or so. Both stations in that time frame were saying Siemian clearly should be named starter. Even Lammey admits that even a good game Saturday really shouldn't be enough to give Lynch the job (he admitted that under cross examination by Stokely and Zach).

Curious about what Mason is going to say, as he and Mike Reiss are coming on now.

lol, I did listen to some of 104.3 and 760, bouncing back and forth.

Dmac and big Al are calling Lammey out. He starts talking about an early interception by Siemian, they said on 7 on 7 or 11 on 11 and Lammey says, it was a 1 on 1 drill, and they're like, "really, you are calling him out on an interception in 1 on 1 drills." Based two sets of hosts have called Lammey out for his fanboi reporting with Lynch.

Mason and Reiss, like Renck, said that they would give Lynch a slight nod/edge today.

Mason and Reiss are about to talk about the two QBs in 7 on 7, and I think they are going to talk about Lynch going for the home run every time, and Siemian being a plugger. They are teasing it, because they are coming up against a break, but that seems to be what they are about to talk about.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

This play-by-play of the radio broadcast is fascinating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

This is encouraging: "Turner, Connor McGovern and Allen Barbre also showed some solid work during a one-on-one period. All three of them proved difficult to move during a pass-rush drill."

Posted by Andrew Mason on the official site: http://tinyurl.com/y7cywmgl
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I can hardly contain myself.
    I’m the hobbit.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Glad you're enjoying it, later I'll pull my laser pointer out and let you chase it around the floor...

20. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Lol.

Dent called slim a poodle.
    I’m the hobbit.

22. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information