Page 87 of 144 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2150

Thread: Training camp practice / press conference notes

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Carlos Henderson got injured now? Thumb?

Edit: Twitter confirmed. Not sure severity.
    Probably injured thumb trying to not drop a pass/KO.

Another 2nd or 3rd round pick not contributing shit. And a WR.

Sooner or later ya gotta wonder about Tolbert, just like Barone, hasn't developed much (if anything).
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    King, all QBs get sacked. Elway got sacked. Peyton got sacked. Brady gets sacked. Even Fran Tarkenton,
    with all his mobility, got sacked. You are coming across as if it is on the QB every time a QB is sacked.
    The fact of it is, Watson and Garcia whiffed their blocks, which resulted in the sack. Trevor never had a
    chance. I know you don't like Trevor, but you need to be realistic.
    Every QB gets sacked - I'm not saying that's untrue. But what I'm saying is that sacks can be avoided and mitigated. That's all. And since that is true, when a QB is sacked, it's not very useful to automatically blame it on the line. TS didn't feel the pressure from the outside. We know that. He should have. He didn't. It wouldn't necessarily mean the middle pressure doesn't end in a sack. But, if TS did feel the pressure sooner the sack would be for less yardage. Is that really so unfair a point to make?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 11m

Early word is Wolfe sprained right ankle. Annoying, painful injury but has time to recover before opener. They need him @DenverChannel
    Yeah, he tweeted a photo of it. Looks like a softball attached to his ankle. He should be fine though after weeks of rest.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

4. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Every QB gets sacked - I'm not saying that's untrue. But what I'm saying is that sacks can be avoided and mitigated. That's all. And since that is true, when a QB is sacked, it's not very useful to automatically blame it on the line. TS didn't feel the pressure from the outside. We know that. He should have. He didn't. It wouldn't necessarily mean the middle pressure doesn't end in a sack. But, if TS did feel the pressure sooner the sack would be for less yardage. Is that really so unfair a point to make?
    If you mean, "Siemian should've EXPECTED 'protection' to collapse in <3 seconds," well, given how his first starting season went, that's probably true. It was my favorite argument for NOT starting Lynch, and may remain so: Until/unless we have protection worthy of the name and run support to prevent the various "pressure" of perpetual 3rd and long, I'd prefer the first round QBotF NOT be the guy out there taking that physical and psychological pounding until reduced to a brittle spastic shell of a passer.

Why do you hate Lynch so much you want to turn him into the next Romo (or Ponder!)? Or is it that you expect all our many serious blocking problems to magically solve themselves now that we have a defensive HC instead of an offensive one who made a CAREER out of turning no-name RBs and QBs into Pro Bowlers?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Yes it is because you are making the same point that I answered. The O-line did not hold up. Case closed.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Yes it is because you are making the same point that I answered. The O-line did not hold up. Case closed.
    I think this is unfair. The line held up enough for the pass rusher from the edge to not get the sack. We're never going to agree, though.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I think this is unfair. The line held up enough for the pass rusher from the edge to not get the sack. We're never going to agree, though.
    No, because I've been there . . .

9. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    If you mean, "Siemian should've EXPECTED 'protection' to collapse in <3 seconds," well, given how his first starting season went, that's probably true. It was my favorite argument for NOT starting Lynch, and may remain so: Until/unless we have protection worthy of the name and run support to prevent the various "pressure" of perpetual 3rd and long, I'd prefer the first round QBotF NOT be the guy out there taking that physical and psychological pounding until reduced to a brittle spastic shell of a passer.

Why do you hate Lynch so much you want to turn him into the next Romo (or Ponder!)? Or is it that you expect all our many serious blocking problems to magically solve themselves now that we have a defensive HC instead of an offensive one who made a CAREER out of turning no-name RBs and QBs into Pro Bowlers?
    No, I mean I see veteran QB's feel pressure from the edge and move around the pocket. Even guys like Flacco and Dalton (mid-tier guys) do it.

Our Kubiak back-and-forth is dead at this point.

No, because I've been there . . .
    You've been to where the edge rusher is?

Top...did you sack our QB? Bad Topscribe! Bad!

12. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Siemian shares a lot of the blame in that sack. There's really no doubt about that.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Probably injured thumb trying to not drop a pass/KO.

Another 2nd or 3rd round pick not contributing shit. And a WR.

Sooner or later ya gotta wonder about Tolbert, just like Barone, hasn't developed much (if anything).
    Seems like he was already hurt, which probably didn't help when trying to actually catch the ball

15. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

You've been to where the edge rusher is?

Top...did you sack our QB? Bad Topscribe! Bad!
    I mean I played the position . . . well, I played AT the position.

I wasn't any good at it, but I have been there . . .

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Yeah, he tweeted a photo of it. Looks like a softball attached to his ankle. He should be fine though after weeks of rest.

I mean I played the position . . . well, I played AT the position.

I wasn't any good at it, but I have been there . . .
    We can agree to disagree. I bet you were marvelous, though.

19. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

So "on par with" isn't the same thing as saying Siemian wasn't quite as "Meh" as Lynch? Should be.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information