Page 117 of 144 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 2150

Thread: Training camp practice / press conference notes

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    As I responded to him, it's a simplistic view and pointed to my list of elite/avg/bust first round QBs drafted since 2000. Most QBs drafted by teams in the first round were on some level of rebuilding/crappy team. The Broncos weren't, not to mention they found a surprise in Siemian.

2. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

I think not keeping Sloter around will be a mistake. Hopefully he makes it through to the PS, but I don't know why they only want to keep 2 QB's. Trevor was hurt a lot last year and if Lynch is the only other guy there, I'm not encouraged.
    Not keeping Sloter is not just a mistake. It's mindless stupidity

4. The Following 6 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post

We better IR kelly too. He will def not make it to practice squad.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    We better IR kelly too. He will def not make it to practice squad.
    He's NFI (basically PUP), so he's good until week 10 or so before a decision has to be made to IR or activate.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

During the season, yes, as I said. At the cut from 90 to 53? I don't think so. This is the closest thing I could find to explain it - these guys are all released in cuts, so they can sign anywhere they want, including another team's PS:

https://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/3/12...ibility-primer
    Correct. When they are cut at the end of training camp they are not on our practice squad until after they clear waivers. The waiver order factors into who can take them, etc. However, they are free at that time to sign with a team that wishes to claim them. They're not REALLY free agents as there is a pecking order on the waivers and whatever team claims them gets to sign them, they don't get to talk to multiple teams, etc. However, AFTER they clear waivers they can do whatever they want. Chances are they sign with their original team's practice squad because the other 31 teams already said no when they didn't claim you.

Once their actually ON the practice squad that whole signing them to the active roster thing matters.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I like the one cut to get to 53 this year, however, I really wish they would change the number of active players a team is allowed to keep and increase the practice squad size. Keep the number for how many dress on game day, but allow a few more people on the roster and on the practice squad.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Is that because the NFL has regularly been riddled with quality starting QB's that were undrafted? Moon, Warner, Romo, Sloter

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 12m12 minutes ago

News is getting better for Broncos: OLB Shaq Barrett (hip) has been cleared to resume some FB activity today. #9Sports

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 9m9 minutes ago

Nicki Jhabvala Retweeted Mike Klis

Broncos are expected to move Shaq Barrett off NFI

13. The Following 5 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

He started one season in college for the DII UNC Bears. He is a UDFA and knows nobody else's playbook. I would be beyond shocked if any other team snatched him up. The practice squad is there precisely for guys like Kyle Sloter.

15. The Following 6 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    He started one season in college for the DII UNC Bears. He is a UDFA and knows nobody else's playbook. I would be beyond shocked if any other team snatched him up. The practice squad is there precisely for guys like Kyle Sloter.
    I think you're right. IMO, Sloter has an abundance of potential. But, fortunately, he's not well
    known around the league. So I don't seen anyone taking a flyer on him.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Sure...but if I understand correctly, 19 teams have priority on claiming him for their PS on a rookie contract. His showing has been on par or better than nearly all 2017 prospects that were drafted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Can we rename this thread qb hot takes? Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Sure...but if I understand correctly, 19 teams have priority on claiming him for their PS on a rookie contract. His showing has been on par or better than nearly all 2017 prospects that were drafted.
    Unless I'm mistaken - I don't think waiver rules apply to the practice squad. Once he's cut, another team could claim him off waivers only if they sign him to their active roster. Otherwise I think it's up to him which team he goes to. Arguably some other team could pay him more to be on their practice squad, but I think that'd be our biggest threat.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

If we were able to trade him before cuts, then maybe we shouldn't. Bradlee Van Pelt grins.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Is that because the NFL has regularly been riddled with quality starting QB's that were undrafted? Moon, Warner, Romo, Sloter
    No, because I like what I see when I watch him play.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information