Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Broncos hire Gary Kubiak as scout advisor

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    This outcome is as good as it can be in the weird amalgam scenario that Kubiak and Elway were in, imo.
    Totally... And credit to those guys for taking the high road and not letting their professional disagreements bog down a lifelong friendship. Also credit to Elway for still having the difficult conversations and not just giving Kubiak a pass because he's his guy. It seems to be the best case scenario - assuming Vance Joseph isn't a dumpster fire of a HC.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I hear what you're saying, but I'm thinking kind of the opposite, that this goes against the idea that him and Elway were on opposite sides last year. If he was really "forced" out, why would he come back to scout for this team? I'm sure the Texans would take him back for a similar role, for example.
    Agreed. If they were at odds, they wouldn't have brought him back. Instead, it probably shows that he still wants to have his hand in football, but his health just want hold up to a head coaching position.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Totally... And credit to those guys for taking the high road and not letting their professional disagreements bog down a lifelong friendship. Also credit to Elway for still having the difficult conversations and not just giving Kubiak a pass because he's his guy. It seems to be the best case scenario - assuming Vance Joseph isn't a dumpster fire of a HC.
    This also lets Kubiak work his way back up to snuff in regards to health and hit the refresh button on his coaching. I could see him be a scout for (or get promotions) us or get a coaching job later on down the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Or we could succumb to occums razor and that Kubes did indeed hang it up for health reasons primarily. However, he still has love for the game and wanted to continue to do so in a much less stressful environment, one that does not require him to leave his home state of texas ever week either.

I think the simplest explanation is more likely. He retired for health reasons first and foremost. He still wants to be a part of football. He now can with no stress and no travel aside from occasional meetings/vacations to denver.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

7. The Following 7 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

I hear what you're saying, but I'm thinking kind of the opposite, that this goes against the idea that him and Elway were on opposite sides last year. If he was really "forced" out, why would he come back to scout for this team? I'm sure the Texans would take him back for a similar role, for example.
    Agree. IMO, his retiring had all to do with what happened, not only while at Texas, but also here, in regards to his health. He felt he had to give up all of the long hours, all of the stress that comes with being a HC, etc. I am thrilled he will, once again, be a part of the Broncos.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

9. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Former head coach Gary Kubiak rejoins Broncos as senior personnel advisor

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — When Gary Kubiak announced he was stepping down from his role as the Broncos’ head coach, he vowed he would find another outlet for his dedication.

“I’m getting out of coaching, but I have a lot to give,” said Kubiak at his Jan. 2 retirement press conference. “I’m going to find something else to do and I’m going to wake up with that same passion and do that, just like I’ve coached for the last 20-something years. It’s time for me to step away from the coaching field.”

Just seven months later, Kubiak has found his next endeavor.

Kubiak, who led the Broncos to a Super Bowl 50 win in Feb. 2016, will rejoin the Broncos as a senior personnel advisor.

“It’s an honor for me to continue to be part of this great organization,” Kubiak said. “John [Elway] and I talked long ago about any opportunity like this, and I’m very happy to be able to contribute on the personnel side.

“I said when I left that I still wanted to be involved in football. This gives me an opportunity to be involved with the game, and I’m excited to get to work.”

EVP/GM John Elway, who agreed to a new five-year contract Monday, said Kubiak will be based in Texas but will travel to Denver for "various personnel meetings."

“With as much experience as he has evaluating players, Gary’s going to be a tremendous resource for our personnel department,” Elway said. “He’ll primarily help on the college side and assist us in free agency as well.
    rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...6-a52651e30110

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Or we could succumb to occums razor and that Kubes did indeed hang it up for health reasons primarily. However, he still has love for the game and wanted to continue to do so in a much less stressful environment, one that does not require him to leave his home state of texas ever week either.

I think the simplest explanation is more likely. He retired for health reasons first and foremost. He still wants to be a part of football. He now can with no stress and no travel aside from occasional meetings/vacations to denver.
    Except the simplest explanation is that he was having issues as a HC and he and his boss gracefully found a way to part amicably. A lot of coaches 'leave for health reasons' just to come back. The simplest explanation has to use all of the facts, UR.

Buff wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Except the simplest explanation is that he was having issues as a HC and he and his boss gracefully found a way to part amicably. A lot of coaches 'leave for health reasons' just to come back. The simplest explanation has to use all of the facts, UR.

Buff wins.

Buff can win.

But retiring from coaching, one in which he has had 2 separate hospital visits is much more likely, than Elway gracefully finding a way to fire his friend and not hurt any feelings while also leaving everything so amicably that he would bring him back without hestitation 7 months later.

I think you chose the wrong stance here.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

13. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Ya I am not seeing the Kubiak quit because of mandates thing in this at ALL.

I think this strengthens the narrative that has always been reported, Kubiak stepped away for health.

I still have never heard any major insider report the supposed riff.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Buff, you are overthinking it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

I'm in this camp. Notice he basically gets to stay home in Houston a lot. That make sense if his health really was a major factor. Happy to have him back with the organization.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

19. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Buff, you are overthinking it.
    It's a nicer story if Kubiak sails off into the sunset due to health issues - I think we all just want to believe that nice clean narrative.

The reality is just slightly more complicated where he didn't want to overhaul his offense and his offensive coaching staff in the midst of also being his age and having health issues - and he is a man of such high integrity that he saw the right thing to do was to step aside.

Clearly health was an issue - but if health was the only issue then he doesn't talk about how he's not retiring and looking for his next challenge at his exit press conference.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 32s

Best part of Kubiak returning? Silences conspiracy theorists who insisted there was a falling out w Elway. Never was case @DenverChannel

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

23. The Following 9 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 32s

Best part of Kubiak returning? Silences conspiracy theorists who insisted there was a falling out w Elway. Never was case @DenverChannel
    It hasn't silenced Buff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

25. The Following 5 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    It hasn't silenced Buff!
    I am an imperfect messenger because I'm so insufferable.

My only point is that if Kubiak had the #1 offense in the league last year he'd still be our head coach. Reasonable folks can disagree.

27. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information