Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Broncos hire Gary Kubiak as scout advisor

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    It's a nicer story if Kubiak sails off into the sunset due to health issues - I think we all just want to believe that nice clean narrative.

The reality is just slightly more complicated where he didn't want to overhaul his offense and his offensive coaching staff in the midst of also being his age and having health issues - and he is a man of such high integrity that he saw the right thing to do was to step aside.

Clearly health was an issue - but if health was the only issue then he doesn't talk about how he's not retiring and looking for his next challenge at his exit press conference.
    Agree to disagree. It was obvious when he had health issues that he was going to have to step down as HC (in fact I said so when it happened). There was no other possible outcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I am an imperfect messenger because I'm so insufferable.

My only point is that if Kubiak had the #1 offense in the league last year he'd still be our head coach. Reasonable folks can disagree.
    Well, if your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle. Or, maybe he preferred to be a woman.

I'm not sure what I'm saying here.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Buff: Working relationships that also are friendship and brotherhood relationships are more complicated than just 'everything is good or bad'.

Everyone else: NOPE!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Buff can win.

But retiring from coaching, one in which he has had 2 separate hospital visits is much more likely, than Elway gracefully finding a way to fire his friend and not hurt any feelings while also leaving everything so amicably that he would bring him back without hestitation 7 months later.

I think you chose the wrong stance here.
    It's just a graceful parting of ways. I don't think either men had planned on a departure - I think they talked their way through it.

No one is assuming there was a massive riff or schism.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Ok now I'm saying it, We're Screwed!

Hopefully this isn't a personnel decision appointment, cause his eye for talent sucks.

Good for Kubes, though, love me some Kube.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Ok now I'm saying it, We're Screwed!

Hopefully this isn't a personnel decision appointment, cause his eye for talent sucks.

Good for Kubes, though, love me some Kube.
    Kinda getting mixed signals here ...

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Kinda getting mixed signals here ...
    I <3 Kube and I'm glad for him, but he sucks as a personnel evaluator.

I'm a complicated man, VonDoom.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I <3 Kube and I'm glad for him, but he sucks as a personnel evaluator.

I'm a complicated man, VonDoom.
    Nah. You're just Jaded.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Nah. You're just Jaded.
    Jaded af.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Except the simplest explanation is that he was having issues as a HC and he and his boss gracefully found a way to part amicably. A lot of coaches 'leave for health reasons' just to come back.
    How many of them collapse during a game twice in four years, ending up hospitalized both times? If you believe the "official" story (read: Conspiracy) Lombardi also retired for "health reasons" too (i.e. he was dying of cancer,) but everyone knows he was really FORCED out because he only won 7 games his final season.

Kubiak drives himself mercilessly, and we can (and should) all be very grateful that was a big part of winning ALL THREE of the franchises Championships. But he was in his mid-thirties when we won the first one: Now he's in his mid-fifties, and a lot of stuff you can physically shrug off in your thirties becomes dangerous in your fifties—especially if you've BEEN doing it since your twenties, or teens; that adds up after a few decades, too. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, folks.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Y'all overthink this shit too much.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    It's just a graceful parting of ways. I don't think either men had planned on a departure - I think they talked their way through it.

No one is assuming there was a massive riff or schism.

I am not in disagreement with this. My contention is the primary reason why and the dispelling of the rumors about the rift between them.
    I believe this was part of the equation. I believe Health was the bigger and primary factor in that equation. Which naturally dispels the whole rift thingy.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Of course not - but the health narrative was ALSO a convenient way around the idea that Kubiak's offense looked dated and ineffective and wasn't putting players in the best position to succeed. Which doesn't mean that the health thing wasn't ALSO a consideration. They aren't mutually exclusive.
    i agree that they aren't mutually exclusive. . . not sure about this, however. . .

My only point is that if Kubiak had the #1 offense in the league last year he'd still be our head coach. Reasonable folks can disagree.
    remember that he also had a stroke in houston, and the man has a family. . . would john have given up on his friend so quickly? i didn't want to believe so, and this is one of the reasons that GK coming back makes me feel better about the situation. . . i will always feel a little bad for gary about the way he went out. . . yes, in a difficult season, he failed to get the most out of our offense. . . it was also an offense built completely out of spare parts outside of the two starting wideouts. . . kubes' offense in baltimore two years back was one of the best in the league, and he didn't have elite playmakers there either. . . i feel like he kinda fell on the sword for the rest of the guys last year-- the bill came due for that super bowl defense, and guys like barone and rico failed hard, but GK is the guy who's had to shoulder the lion's share of the blame. . . i understand that it's part of the responsibility that comes along with the top chair, but it just hasn't sat right with me. . . gary has been a big part of all three of our championships-- he's meant too much to this organization to see him slink off in disgrace just because he couldn't coax greatness out of a banged up trevor siemian in his first year starting. . . this is a much better situation, and i don't see why gary would have come back if he didn't feel good about it. . . he certainly would have had other solid opportunities. . .

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    It hasn't silenced Buff!
    he's a monster. . .

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

I was more disappointed about Wade leaving than what happened to Gary.

Wade won the Superbowl for Denver as far as I'm concerned. Beating the snot out of Brady and Newton was glorious.

23. The Following 6 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Pleased to read this. The idea there was a rift (promoted by DMac, etc.) seemed like such a bummer.

Feel oddly and overly happy to read this.

25. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information