Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Classical Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

There are about four to eight spots in those first two movements that are so sublime--the kind that one by itself would validate the lifetime of any musical composer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Now I'm listening to Brahms 2d Piano Concerto. For the third time today. An old favorite I took down off the shelf, and once again can't get enough of it.

The first two movements might be the best music ever made--no hyperbole.
    No. The best music in the world isn't classical. To constrained and to uptight.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    No. The best music in the world isn't classical. To constrained and to uptight.
    Gravity and electromagnetism are also constraining! But look at all the possibilities!
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'm open to the argument that from 4:00 to 7:00 is the best music that has ever been written and performed--the most transcendent, sublime music extant. Greater than Wagner, Beethoven, Mozart, anyone. THE B E S T.

6. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

And as far as 'sublime moment' I'd say right at 5:10 or so, but it's the part from 5:00 to 5:10. But it never totally lets up.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

What do you think, Top?

:'(

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'm open to the argument that from 4:00 to 7:00 is the best music that has ever been written and performed--the most transcendent, sublime music extant. Greater than Wagner, Beethoven, Mozart, anyone. THE B E S T.

I'll give you that this is outstanding. Very driven. Still for me...I want more and I'm not even sure of what more is.

It's not that I am not familiar with classical music. I played in the orchestra in college one year in addition to two in the jazz band.

From 4 to 7 is really exciting.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

The argument for classical being the best that I find the most persuasive is how much of our current music is based on it.

But to be honest, I don't have a horse in the race.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    The argument for classical being the best that I find the most persuasive is how much of our current music is based on it.

But to be honest, I don't have a horse in the race.
    I'm not for a second saying what's best. I'm saying what is best for me.

12. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    I'm not for a second saying what's best. I'm saying what is best for me.
    I was speaking universally; not just directed at you. You are certainly allowed to listen and support what is best for you.

<3

14. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information