Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Chester Bennington dead at 41

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Never a fan of the band but mental illness sucks. He was friends with Chris Cornell and I bet the fact that yesterday would've been Cornell's birthday made things worse for him.

2. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Never too soon, unless anyone knew him personally, anyone who takes offense to celebrity deaths and subsequent comments is an idiot.

Hello wave
    Yea, someone else on my facebook feed didnt like my comment either but like i told them ive been dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts for years. I just get annoyed when its all of a sudden such a big deal when it happens to be someone famous and all of a sudden people care. His shitty band aside so many people deal with this issue who arent rich and famous and yet no one ever bats an eye. Still waiting for Buff to come in and say what selfish coward he was for leaving his kids and wife behind.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    What is it with grunge acts and offing yourself?
    Linkin Park was more part of the Nu Metal and post-grunge scene. Grunge and 90's alternative rock died in 1998 when bands like the Smashing Pumpkins and Marilyn Manson released experimental records like Adore and Mechanical Animals instead of what their fans actually wanted. Then we got Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Blink 182 and I checked out for about a decade.

There was some good stuff in the 2000's, but it was the first time I felt like an old man music-wise. I appreciate some of it now but hated it at the time.

5. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Also, there is a difference between saying his music sucks after he dies and saying "lol he killed himself because his music was so bad!".
    Semantics

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I didn't say it was offensive. I said it was un-funny and probably something his kids wouldn't want to read.
    You just said it was too soon. Implying later would be ok.

Be clearer in your original post and I won't need to school you like this

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Yea, someone else on my facebook feed didnt like my comment either but like i told them ive been dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts for years. I just get annoyed when its all of a sudden such a big deal when it happens to be someone famous and all of a sudden people care. His shitty band aside so many people deal with this issue who arent rich and famous and yet no one ever bats an eye. Still waiting for Buff to come in and say what selfish coward he was for leaving his kids and wife behind.
    There was already a thread about it that got deleted by the thread starter. You missed out on what you were waiting for. For what it's worth....it was a selfish act. You just don't do that when you have kids. The mental scars you're inflicting on them are leading them right down the same mental illness path you took your own life over.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    There was already a thread about it that got deleted by the thread starter. You missed out on what you were waiting for. For what it's worth....it was a selfish act. You just don't do that when you have kids. The mental scars you're inflicting on them are leading them right down the same mental illness path you took your own life over.
    Well, thats just it. Do we see mental illness as some kind of logical behavior or thinking? I said the same thing back then when Buff brought it up the first time and that its not as easy as saying you dont do that if you have kids. Personally, the pain of losing someone affects everyone in your life, not just the kids. But for those of us who deal with this kind of thing it isnt just a switch you can turn on and off and when the switch is turned on the darkness that envelopes you is severe and the logic of anything else going on isnt at the forefront. But by making the statement "it was a selfish act" you are then saying that the kids lives outweigh or are more important than Chester's which i disagree with whole heartily. Men, women, children should all be valued the same. Perhaps it was this attitude and lack of empathy that lead to Chester calling it a day.

His obligation to his kids trumps everything.

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    His obligation to his kids trumps everything.
    Again, disagree.

I thought that what North meant by too soon was did he die too soon. but North you are talking about too soon to make fun of LP music, is that right?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
    I thought that what North meant by too soon was did he die too soon. but North you are talking about too soon to make fun of LP music, is that right?
    Correct.

16. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Well, thats just it. Do we see mental illness as some kind of logical behavior or thinking? I said the same thing back then when Buff brought it up the first time and that its not as easy as saying you dont do that if you have kids. Personally, the pain of losing someone affects everyone in your life, not just the kids. But for those of us who deal with this kind of thing it isnt just a switch you can turn on and off and when the switch is turned on the darkness that envelopes you is severe and the logic of anything else going on isnt at the forefront. But by making the statement "it was a selfish act" you are then saying that the kids lives outweigh or are more important than Chester's which i disagree with whole heartily. Men, women, children should all be valued the same. Perhaps it was this attitude and lack of empathy that lead to Chester calling it a day.
    It's a bit different in his case vs. the everyday Joe, he had the means to seek help. Perhaps it was him placing himself above all else and valuing his feelings over those of his loved ones that lead to him "calling it a day". I guess it's all part of perspective.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    It's a bit different in his case vs. the everyday Joe, he had the means to seek help. Perhaps it was him placing himself above all else and valuing his feelings over those of his loved ones that lead to him "calling it a day". I guess it's all part of perspective.
    I dont disagree with the notion he had a lot more opportunity (especially financially) to get help. But i would still have to wonder how you would rank the type of trauma he had, how do you really gauge something like that? Im quite sure he loved his kids very much but eventually succumbed to the past demons he had.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

What happened to the first thread about this?

Original poster deleted.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information