Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Chester Bennington dead at 41

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Seriously Buff, you think someone who legitimately mentally does not know the difference between right and wrong and does not understand what they are doing when killing someone deserves to die? Like king said, that not only flies in the face in the law, it flies in the face of science. At that point you become no better than a certain POTUS when just ignoring hard science.
    If they're that f'ed up, then OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!

joking, clearly.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Seriously Buff, you think someone who legitimately mentally does not know the difference between right and wrong and does not understand what they are doing when killing someone deserves to die? Like king said, that not only flies in the face in the law, it flies in the face of science. At that point you become no better than a certain POTUS when just ignoring hard science.
    I mean - I'm not claiming we should overhaul the justice system according to my own neanderthal tendencies. My point is that if a 14 year old schizo who doesn't understand right from wrong decides to kill a mother of 4 - who gives a shit whether they knew right from wrong? They've destroyed a family and I don't care about their rehabilitation. You get one chance at this.

Can we bring back beheadings yet? Please?
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Don't kill yourself - subjectively be mentally stronger. And snip your dick in anticipation of issues resurfacing in your life.

To the parents in the thread - remove the visceral reactions for a second.
    What can I tell you? The day he became a Dad his life changed forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    What can I tell you? The day he became a Dad his life changed forever.
    Your dragged me back into this, you monster. But you can't answer those questions substantively for a reason - there isn't much of an answer. Where does someone miserable supposedly encounter the line where they shoudl think "I should never have kids," there's not a bright light rule. And of course there isn't.

You said he should get snipped. BUt his life changed when he was a dad. He wasn't a dad, then he busted a nut, and the process began. So when should he, the depressed person, thought about being snipped.

I'm literally testing the statements and applying them to real world situations. I just had the 'pleasure' of moonwalking all over Buff's...'thoughts' to prove a point/s -which I laid out originally.

Instead of going 'what monster couldn't love his kids and be so selfish,' the actual question to ask is 'what could make someone who loves their kids end their own life?'

And unsurprisingly, at least to me, the answer is a mental sickness so severe. It's technically circular logic. But humans aren't really all that logical. I suspect that if we could 'transfer' the state of minds from people to people no one in this thread would judge the man.

I suspect that if we knew the details of his life, we could see where someone could stumble.

I've shown that people can be in states of mind where they're not actually intentionally truly doing anything. I would posit that getting made at someone for being illogical when they're in a state where they can't be logical is like yelling at the fire for burning down your house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

What about soldiers that choose to keep soldiering after they have kids and volunteer to go on deployments, then get killed.

They are selfish too

He had 6 kids King. 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    What about soldiers that choose to keep soldiering after they have kids and volunteer to go on deployments, then get killed.

They are selfish too
    I think you're right it is selfish but they're not committing suicide.

9. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Double post.

They are selfish too
    Your post is bad and you should feel bad.
    I’m the hobbit.

12. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

it seems like some people have depressive episodes and get over them. others are chronically depressed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I think we are misrepresenting the choice a suicidal person actually had.

All we are at any one time is the sum of our brain chemistry. When that is outside of acceptable norms..... Perception is altered, and when things get so bad.... All the kids in the world won't matter

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Your post is bad and you should feel bad.
    I do. I. Might kill myself.

I do. I. Might kill myself.
    I’m the hobbit.

18. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

I think we are misrepresenting the choice a suicidal person actually had.

All we are at any one time is the sum of our brain chemistry. When that is outside of acceptable norms..... Perception is altered, and when things get so bad.... All the kids in the world won't matter
    I am capable of empathy and I'm sure the guy was facing demons that I've never faced but I just don't agree with the path he chose. There are always other options. I mean he was supposedly good friends with Cornell.

Someone show me that Chester did everything in his power to overcome his depression and simply couldn't and I could change my stance in this instance.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information