Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Chester Bennington dead at 41

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I'm mad at you, but I'm back.
    Why you mad at me?

Don't hate the player dude

Remove all emotion from this and answer logically: a child is pushed down a flight of stairs by their parent - the child's 14 years old. The child feels like shit. When is he supposed to think "Oh man, I feel awful and like I don't matter, better not have kids?"

Minimize the qualifiers, please.

Add emotion and logically answer: Same scenarion, when is he supposed to think that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    You've kind of made my point for me here that legally we like to introduce all of these gray areas - and that's probably the right thing to do when trying to develop a just legal system... But MY point is that at the end of the day none of that really matters when a family loses a loved one because another person deliberately killed them.

I said "intentionally" murders someone... So the baseball bat example doesn't apply. I'm talking about intentionality. If you intentionally kill someone - that is never excusable and MY ENTIRE POINT IS THAT I AM UNMOVED BY THE MURDERER'S MENTAL COMPETENCY OR THEIR MOTIVATION FOR COMMITTING THE MURDER. Completely unmoved. Just kill them already as they no longer deserve to breathe my air.
    No, not legally. Because the law is going off of science (for once). So refute the science in defense of your subjective gray areas or just admit that your gray areas are shit and life is more complicated than that.

I'm just going to be honest - this isn't one of my clever little subjective arguments for the sake of being clever. I'm attacking your use of intentionally because under what you posted, that was intentional. Now you want to add qualifers and the like.

Why is one qualifier in a situation better than the other?
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Remove all emotion from this and answer logically: a child is pushed down a flight of stairs by their parent - the child's 14 years old. The child feels like shit. When is he supposed to think "Oh man, I feel awful and like I don't matter, better not have kids?"

Minimize the qualifiers, please.

Add emotion and logically answer: Same scenarion, when is he supposed to think that?
    You and Joe like to really stretch these personal anecdotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Why you mad at me?

Don't hate the player dude
    I just hate the game.

I'm applying a real world scenario to the arguments used at hand. I work in a law office, Buff - I have to apply the law to facts all the time.

And I don't stretch - it leads to exercise.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

No, not legally. Because the law is going off of science (for once). So refute the science in defense of your subjective gray areas or just admit that your gray areas are shit and life is more complicated than that.

I'm just going to be honest - this isn't one of my clever little subjective arguments for the sake of being clever. I'm attacking your use of intentionally because under what you posted, that was intentional. Now you want to add qualifers and the like.

Why is one qualifier in a situation better than the other?
    OK you've convinced me - let's kill the 14 year old bat swinger too. I've got no use for him either.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Seriously Buff, you think someone who legitimately mentally does not know the difference between right and wrong and does not understand what they are doing when killing someone deserves to die? Like king said, that not only flies in the face in the law, it flies in the face of science. At that point you become no better than a certain POTUS when just ignoring hard science.

OK you've convinced me - let's kill the 14 year old bat swinger too. I've got no use for him either.
    You are now on the same level as someone who denies climate change.

Science says no one this age can be truly accountable for this action because of their stupid brain.

Buff slowly rolls into that bitch and yells "TRIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

This is what happens when you root for the Buffs. I'm not bitter that they didn't admit me into their law school at all. I swear.

10. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

This was an interesting thread - unsubscribing. Which means I'll probably resubscribe. Because...track records.

I've been suicidal in the past so I should never have kids. It's an interesting ethical argument.

So what happens if I'm stable and fine - and then everything hits the fan twelve years later? Specifics don't matter - we can draw up hypothetical, all day long.

My second response is this - do you guys have that thought now, after having kids, and being more seasoned in the world. Or did that occur to before kids? Did you guys, if you ever had issues, think about not having kids while having those issues?
    I went to counseling after I got in my trouble and lost custody of my kids. Did I want to kill myself, yea. But instead I went to counseling, worked through my own issues and my kids were the reason why I did so.

13. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I went to counseling after I got in my trouble and lost custody of my kids. Did I want to kill myself, yea. But instead I went to counseling, worked through my own issues and my kids were the reason why I did so.
    I appreciate the candid response GEM.

How do I unsubscribe from a thread?

15. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

I don't know, I never subscribed to one before.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

King...I'm going to my daughter's function. I'll be back later.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Wait, what?

I basically agree with you here.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information