Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chester Bennington dead at 41

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default Chester Bennington dead at 41

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ton/496755001/

Guess he finally realized how shitty of a band LP was and called it a day.

Too soon?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Well apparently he suffered from massive depression stemming from being sexually abused as a child so yeah, I'd say too soon.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Linkin Park was a staple of every 20-something's early life. They were I think the first band I really got into. Burned out Hybrid Theory, played Meteora out too. Lots of memories listening to them. Then I grew up and left LP in the dust in favor of other musical tastes. Haven't listened to LP of my own accord in a long ass time.

Regardless, it's hard not to feel some sort of sadness about this. On a personal and selfish level because of their influence on my ever fading youth. And on a more important and realistic level, because of the circumstances surrounding the death - suicide, abuse, etc.

I remember always having HT/Meteora in my stereo while either playing Pokemon or playing Madden. I always thought his flame tattoos on his wrists were badass and wanted some like them. Thank God I grew out of that.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ton/496755001/ Guess he finally realized how shitty of a band LP was and called it a day. Too soon?
    Never too soon, unless anyone knew him personally, anyone who takes offense to celebrity deaths and subsequent comments is an idiot.

Hello wave

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Not a fan at all but it's a horrible story, dude leaves 6 kids behind who now have even more reason to have the same mental issues as their father.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I sort of peripherally liked Linkin Park. I think I owned that first big album of there's, but more recently I saw him taking over Scott Weiland in STP. It's sad that he died too young, younger than Weiland, too.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Not a fan at all but it's a horrible story, dude leaves 6 kids behind who now have even more reason to have the same mental issues as their father.
    Yep

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

What is it with grunge acts and offing yourself?
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Never too soon, unless anyone knew him personally, anyone who takes offense to celebrity deaths and subsequent comments is an idiot.

Hello wave
    I don't personally take offense. But for all any of us know, his kids could google him one day and read comments like this in their searches. I just never saw the point in ridiculing someone right after they die.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I don't personally take offense. But for all any of us know, his kids could google him one day and read comments like this in their searches. I just never saw the point in ridiculing someone right after they die.
    But you will do so after a period of time has passed?

That's what I find stupid.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

But you will do so after a period of time has passed?

That's what I find stupid.
    That's a fair criticism. Will I? Probably not. But there is something to the "time heals all wounds" cliche. People do get over tragic events the more time that passes, which doesn't necessarily make joking about that tragedy "right", but it also doesn't have the same sting as doing it the day after.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Also, when someone jokes about someone's death right after happens, it usually just seems like they are trying too hard to be edgy. It's more unclever and cringe-worthy than offensive. Like congrats dude at picking the low hanging fruit and making the easy joke. Real comedic mastermind you are.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Ok, so what difference does it make to his kids if they Google him and find a post about him the day after of the year after?

I just find our reverence for the dead a little false.

When he was alive it was ok to slate his music, what difference does it make after he dies.

Perhaps if someone was making really insensitive personal comments about him or his family I would agree with you.... But referencing his music as a catalyst for his death is just not offensive

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Ok, so what difference does it make to his kids if they Google him and find a post about him the day after of the year after?

I just find our reverence for the dead a little false.

When he was alive it was ok to slate his music, what difference does it make after he dies.

Perhaps if someone was making really insensitive personal comments about him or his family I would agree with you.... But referencing his music as a catalyst for his death is just not offensive
    I didn't say it was offensive. I said it was un-funny and probably something his kids wouldn't want to read.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Also, there is a difference between saying his music sucks after he dies and saying "lol he killed himself because his music was so bad!".

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information