View Poll Results: What to do with P&R?

Voters
32. This poll is closed
  • Enforce the COC. Expand use of removal of P&R access before bans

19 59.38%
  • Completely unmoderated. Issues spilling out of P&R will be any immediate ban.

11 34.38%
  • Completely do away with P&R

2 6.25%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: P&R changes poll

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I voted first one. I'd like to see new posters come in, and give their viewpoint without the worry of someone being a dick or personal (I've been both). Right now, it's the same ol posters, and a lot of the good ones have left. If no new faces after so long, and moderators feel they don't give a crap anymore, then let the 'cool' guys have at it.

2. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I voted first one. I'd like to see new posters come in, and give their viewpoint without the worry of someone being a dick or personal (I've been both). Right now, it's the same ol posters, and a lot of the good ones have left. If no new faces after so long, and moderators feel they don't give a crap anymore, then let the 'cool' guys have at it.
    Who are the cool guys?

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Who are the cool guys?
    Not sure. You'll have to ask Timmy.

Lame.

I can't tell, the poll is set to anonymous. It's no skin of my sack, I won't be getting a ban. Ya'll enjoy your about to be extremely quiet P & R section.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Way to take a drive by pot shot and duck out of it when asked to exp!ain yourself.

8. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

The thing that seems to be missing from this discussion is the reality that we're a small community, with not much new traffic, and the bulk of the P&R traffic are regulars.

I don't want to scare off new members, and I don't want to suggest my opinion matters more than anyone else's...

I just don't see who is being served here, or what we're trying to protect people from. I certainly don't want to see our already small P&R community get even smaller because the mods want to be in the thought policing business. In virtually every instance when a regular community member is banned - it's counterproductive IMO. Doesn't serve anyone. And I also think that even among moderators, there is a vocal minority who have different triggers than some of the other mods.

So the idea that ramped-up enforcement is needed just doesn't resonate with me... I'm open to being in the minority - but when regulars start getting axed so that Mr. Lurker/non-contributor can not feel triggered, I wonder what we're accomplishing.

10. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Way to take a drive by pot shot and duck out of it when asked to exp!ain yourself.
    Timmy was the first one to use the "cool guys", not nomad.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    The thing that seems to be missing from this discussion is the reality that we're a small community, with not much new traffic, and the bulk of the P&R traffic are regulars.

I don't want to scare off new members, and I don't want to suggest my opinion matters more than anyone else's...

I just don't see who is being served here, or what we're trying to protect people from. I certainly don't want to see our already small P&R community get even smaller because the mods want to be in the thought policing business. In virtually every instance when a regular community member is banned - it's counterproductive IMO. Doesn't serve anyone. And I also think that even among moderators, there is a vocal minority who have different triggers than some of the other mods.

So the idea that ramped-up enforcement is needed just doesn't resonate with me... I'm open to being in the minority - but when regulars start getting axed so that Mr. Lurker/non-contributor can not feel triggered, I wonder what we're accomplishing.
    I think the poll results would be different if this was just held in the P&R section of this forum. I could be wrong though.

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Just a question, but how do you know that out of those that voted for the first choice, that any number of them are lurkers/non-contributors? And if it's true that they possibly could have voted for that choice, isn't it fair to say that maybe some voted for the 2nd choice?

I’m the hobbit.

16. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Timmy was the first one to use the "cool guys", not nomad.
    Cool people. Stop misquoting my deadly serious post.
    I’m the hobbit.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

To Buff's point, have 26 people even been active in P and R in the last few months?

20. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Just a question, but how do you know that out of those that voted for the first choice, that any number of them are lurkers/non-contributors? And if it's true that they possibly could have voted for that choice, isn't it fair to say that maybe some voted for the 2nd choice?
    Well it's partly driven by the idea that seemingly the majority of people who participated in the discussion seem to have a counter viewpoint from the poll results.

You also don't have to be logged in to vote in the poll - so who knows who voted? Maybe they are all active P&R members.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I think the poll results would be different if this was just held in the P&R section of this forum. I could be wrong though.
    Ya, then there would be voter fraud allegations and a special mod committee would be formed to investigate.
    I’m the hobbit.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information