Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Why you should root for the Denver Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I think anyone that watched the Broncos for longer than their Superbowl winning years understands Davis played a huge role in winning those championships. It doesn't diminish Elway's career at all because we'd still be the Browns without him.

Davis wouldn't have won a SB without Elway either.
    Nice summary; if you can take dictation and type faster than me, you're definitely the leading candidate for the position.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    For the record, Elway himself is on record that his lone SB MVP award was thanks to Terrell Davis drawing the entire defenses focus (much as on his TD run in SB XXXII.)

That's not to diminish Elway, only give credit where due; it's no shame nor shock Elway wasn't the same at 38 as he was at 28, but even the aging Elway remained elite. And the article is of course right to note that if we say Elway in his late thirties couldn't have won two SBs without Davis, it's at least as true that Denver never gets near a SB (much less THREE in four years) without Elway in his mid-twenties.
    Dude, shut tf up with your Elway hate.
    There you go violating Poe again....
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    You used to read mine.
    Yours are typically worth reading.

Way to ruin a nice thread, Joel. Good job as usual.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

If you're not going to read Joel's posts then stop shitting on him. You guys are being real a holes.

4. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    If you're not going to read Joel's posts then stop shitting on him. You guys are being real a holes.
    I've read damn near every word he's ever written that I've encountered. We make fun of Mo for being short. We poke fun at me for being fat. We all laugh at Chazoe for being really, really, really stupid. We laugh at Chazoe because he smells. We mostly make fun of Chazoe. We mock Joel for being longwinded.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

I've read damn near every word he's ever written that I've encountered. We make fun of Mo for being short. We poke fun at me for being fat. We all laugh at Chazoe for being really, really, really stupid. We laugh at Chazoe because he smells. We mostly make fun of Chazoe. We mock Joel for being longwinded.
    Right, but his posts are not "hatin' on Elway" ffs.

I don't think he meant to. But I didn't respect the argument he put about TD, Elway, and the like. At all. And unintentionally, I think he kind of was. But, I'm not the fan police either, so I wasn't going to make a big deal out of it.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

I honestly took that line as sarcasm, since the whole text it quoted boils down to "Davis couldn't do it without Elway either, but Davis was still in elementary school when Elway was the only reason anyone outside Colorado had ever heard of the Broncos." Meh; as with the other posters you compared, most responses are less about WHAT was said than preexisting personal grudges against WHO said it: Half the time what was actually said doesn't even COME UP in the responses. That's people for ya.

I don't think he meant to. But I didn't respect the argument he put about TD, Elway, and the like. At all. And unintentionally, I think he kind of was. But, I'm not the fan police either, so I wasn't going to make a big deal out of it.
    *shrugs* It's a team sport; if you want to worship individual achievement, go watch tennis. High summer provides literally THOUSANDS of baseball games in the majord alone—and it's only a month or two until those games will begin having lasting consequences! Heck, there's a ladies golf tournament in NY right now so Very Important we're all spending $400,000/year to cover it.

Meanwhile, in fully TEAM oriented sports like football, ANY HoF individual dramatically raises the performance of ALL teammates: Including OTHER HoFers. Shocking....
    Last edited by Joel; 07-20-2017 at 05:10 PM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

10. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

I read that entire post. The tone was still not differential to JFE.

It was a nice argument though?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Joel hates John Elway, ask him, dating back to his playing days. The post in question comes off as more denigrating from Joel, it always does because it usually is.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

13. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Joel hates John Elway, ask him, dating back to his playing days. The post in question comes off as more denigrating from Joel, it always does because it usually is.
    Did your grammar school not teach the difference between past and present tense? Pity.

What I said—all of ONCE, in a single sentence (because we all know my comments are both brief and rare on everything about which I feel strongly)was that I hateD him AT THE TIME OF The Drive II, because it was one of countless one-and-dones inflicted on the only team I'd ever had (sure, there were Landrys Cowboys, but they will always properly be my fathers team.) That teams very existence ceased years ago, so I sought another.

Since Dallas was fresh off becoming the first team to win 3 SBs in 4 years (and still the only one to do it legitimately) in memory of my father, who died barely a month after their threepeat quest ended in the NFCCG (the last game he ever saw, so he didn't get to enjoy their redemption a year later,) but Jerry ruthlessly purged and inverted the Boy Scout mentality they possessed under Landry, and it's really hard to root for Jerrys taint. Meanwhile, using the current season to predict the NEXT seasons champion twice in a row had me cocky, so swinging for the fences with a pick from a Conference that hadn't won a SB in thirteen years was only logical, and the Broncos were a hard luck case on par with the K-Gun Bills, especially on the heels of their one-and-done home embarrassment by a two-year-old expansion team.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Again: My statements that you quoted were NOTHING BUT COMPLIMENTARY TO ELWAY, so the only way that could be translated into "see? He hates Elway!" is if someone read that preconception into them out of personal bias: Good job.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

So you were wrong about Elway?
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

"Oh, Josh McDaniels was overrated"

Truer words have never been spoke, Adam, but Tebow is by far the single most overrated Broncos player ever.
    He beat the steelers in a playoff game and was replaced by Manning.

We shall never hate on Tebow.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    He beat the steelers in a playoff game and was replaced by Manning.

We shall never hate on Tebow.
    I Hate on Tebowmania, but he was the most overrated in the history of ever.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I Hate on Tebowmania, but he was the most overrated in the history of ever.
    His fans are another thing. I'm talking about him.

He beat the steelers. Big Ben packed a sweet pinstripe suit for the postgame. LOL.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    His fans are another thing. I'm talking about him.

He beat the steelers. Big Ben packed a sweet pinstripe suit for the postgame. LOL.
    His fans are the ones telling everyone that he beat the Steelers.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information