Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2017 Players on "the Bubble"

i bet latimer is #4 wr
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

2. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    We have 2 RB drafted in last 2 years. Both almost guarenteed to make it. Cj is ofyen injured... Cj could be major trade bait if charles is looking great.
    Nobody is going to trade for CJ because of his injuries. Its very likely that another team would take a chance on him if we do cut him, but no one is going to trade for him.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Nobody is going to trade for CJ because of his injuries. Its very likely that another team would take a chance on him if we do cut him, but no one is going to trade for him.
    Several teams went after him as a RFA. We matched Miami's big offer. He would have a market if elway went that route. He would not be cut.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Should trade CJ to Dallas, he should be getting hurt just about the time Elliott's 2-4 game suspension is over.

#DavidIrving
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

6. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Schofield is still on the team? He is the worst tackle I have seen in ages.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    They moved him to G where he was the 2nd worst G on the team.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Latimer is a good ST player. He may not contribute as a receiver, but he made nice plays last year on ST.
    Personally, I thought Latimer was just garbage, except on STs where he developed into an ace. But, supposedly his problem is that he's never really mentally developed understanding of the game. Normal veteran WRs hear the play call, know their route and what adjustments they have to make. They don't have to think about "what do I do on this play?" That allows them to play "fast". When the QB comes to the line, and changes the play, the WR then adjusts on the fly.

Latimer would be THINKING about what he had to do on the play so he was SLOW to adapt. Slow to get off the line, etc. Great in practice, invisible on game day for that reason.

But, starting next week he has a chance to prove that his new found attitude and determination to grow up and become a real professional has paid off and he can translate his knowledge onto the field. We'll see.

He has just phenomenal athleticism - in practice - and could easily be a #1 WR somewhere if he could ever figure it out.

If not, then he's an easy cut to predict. They just added 2 rookie WRs, so they will make the team year one barring just massive sucking (like former Broncos 1st round pick Marcus Nash). Throw in DT & Sanders that makes 4. The team will carry 5 or 6 WRs, so everybody else is fighting for 2 spots. And there are a lot of guys.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Schofield sucked as a starter. But, he's really cheap, and he plays multiple positions, and he always does what he's asked. He's the kind of player the fans want to see GONE, yet somehow he sticks around because the coaches find use for him as a utility backup.

Michael Schofield signed a 4 year, $2,777,200 contract with the Denver Broncos, including a $521,200 signing bonus, $521,200 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $694,300. In 2017, Schofield will earn a base salary of $1,797,000, while carrying a cap hit of $1,927,300 and a dead cap value of $130,300.
    That's still cheap by NFL standards.

CJ Anderson? Well, he's earning $3million this season, but next year he's not earning his $4 Million unless he plays 16 games and plays great or close to it.

As for Jamal Charles, can he even stay healthy for a season? If so, can he regain his form in the way he couldn't the last 2 years?

If the answers to these questions are "yes" then he could wind up being the #1 RB just due to amazing talent. If not he could be cut and out of the league. He's an oft injured 30 years old+ RB and those players don't have a great history of coming back from serious and repeated knee injury.

Personally, I'd love to see Charles brutalizing the Chiefs on game day and the Chiefs fans booing him.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information