I decided to start this thread when I came across this article on Facebook:

5 Broncos veterans on the roster bubble

The Denver Broncos will open training camp in less than two weeks.

Though much of the focus on camp this year will be on the quarterback competition — and rightfully so —t here will be plenty of compelling storylines to go around.

Much of those will center around which players will make the final 53-man roster and which ones will be left looking for a new team. With the NFL making the decision to eliminate the early cut deadline from 90 players to 75 players this year, fans will see just one mass roster cut instead — from 90 down to 53.

Like all teams, the Broncos will have several experienced veterans fighting for their professional lives. Waiting in the wings are several young, hungry players just waiting for their chance.

Here, I have identified five players who will have to perform well this summer in order to stick around for at least another season.

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017...roster-bubble/
Although I don't want to chain this thread down with too narrow of a topic, I was wondering which "bubble players" might make a meaningful contribution to another team's roster if we did cut them. Not just getting signed to be at the bottom of the depth chart to be used in case of injuries, but actually contribute to their new teams success or failure. Here's my thoughts on the 5 listed in this article:

Cody Latimer, Wide Receiver: I can see GMs & HCs wondering if he just needs a team that's a better fit for him & putting him at the bottom of their depth chart to see how he works out, but he'll have to work hard to earn his playing time.

Michael Schofield, Offensive Lineman: He might have to wait by the phone a few weeks before a team calls him to come and replace someone they just put on IR.

Todd Davis, Linebacker: This article projects him to be a starter when camp begins. If we have that much depth at LB, any LB we do kick to the curb should get serious consideration for quality playing time from someone.

Lorenzo Doss, Cornerback: Might have the best chance for the most playing time for another team if we cut him. He could be someone's nickelback.

Jamaal Charles, Running Back: If we cut him, the next contract that he signs will be his last, a 1 day so he can retire as a Chief.