Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Possible changes to Politics and Religion section

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Might be time to let the weeds take over that part of the garden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Just make it unmoderated. If the attacks spill elsewhere then let it be modded that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    If your aunt had testicles she would be your uncle
    That used to be true. Now you could be fined or thrown in jail in countries like Canada with those comments.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I left the Mane because the crowd was too ill-mannered. So I made a point of not subscribing to P&R here except for a few days last November so I could watch heads explode. Then I left after I'd done enough gloating and haven't had the desire to return. Keep it or drop it, makes no difference to me until the next major disaster happens - or if Trump wins in 2020.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    makes no difference to me until the next major disaster happens - or if Trump wins in 2020.
    I thought those were the same thing?

8. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I say make a poll...I'd rather the names be visible/public. Yeah, it's the same ol' folks in there, and no one has changed their stance (over the last 10 yrs) & it's not too bad as far as uncivil........kinda like a circle jerk/rinse & repeat. But I guess if the majority in the BRONCOS community want to give their opinions without the 'anything goes', then I could see the first option being the viable one.

If the majority of the BRONCOS community doesn't care, then I agree with Slick for the forum limited/to not being moderated. I guess it'll give tough guys a place to flex their muscles from their keyboards.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Why would it not be easier for those who are well aware that they are violating the posted rules, and could care less, to stop doing that? I am sure there are members posting in P&R who follow the rules, and prefer that it remain.
    The idea of two strikes and you're out appeals to me (although I don't frequent those forums much). I think that would weed out the violators pretty quickly. Drain the swamp, so to speak . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Just make it unmoderated. If the attacks spill elsewhere then let it be modded that way.
    Then we will have posters bitching about actually enforcing that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Honestly, I say "so what?" to that. If someone can't follow the one simple rule that anything within P&R goes you just can't take it elsewhere, ban them and be done with it. I can't imagine too many people would object to that rule. Don't even let it be a big discussion/argument that takes up your time. Just ban and move on. Maybe make it some sort of progressive system like, 1st strike = 1 week ban from the whole board and 1 month ban from P&R, 2nd strike = 1 month ban from whole board and permaban from P&R, and 3rd strike = permaban from the board. I guarantee you anyone who would give you the problem of letting P&R spill into other forums wouldn't be giving you that problem for very long.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Honestly, I say "so what?" to that. If someone can't follow the one simple rule that anything within P&R goes you just can't take it elsewhere, ban them and be done with it. I can't imagine too many people would object to that rule. Don't even let it be a big discussion/argument that takes up your time. Just ban and move on. Maybe make it some sort of progressive system like, 1st strike = 1 week ban from the whole board and 1 month ban from P&R, 2nd strike = 1 month ban from whole board and permaban from P&R, and 3rd strike = permaban from the board. I guarantee you anyone who would give you the problem of letting P&R spill into other forums wouldn't be giving you that problem for very long.
    You're not as dumb as you look.

15. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    *cough* WTE *cough*

Just putting it out there, yea, it sounds good, but when we follow through like that, it pisses people off, even if the rule has been set in stone. So, if that was the route it does go, everyone just needs to remember that when someone gets banned.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

No safe spaces allowed bitches.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

*cough* WTE *cough*

Just putting it out there, yea, it sounds good, but when we follow through like that, it pisses people off, even if the rule has been set in stone. So, if that was the route it does go, everyone just needs to remember that when someone gets banned.
    So one example in 10 years? Maybe 2 if you go all the way back to when Mo was permabanned? I'm not saying it won't happen, but I think 99% of the posters here will abide if those become the rules. And if one person steps out and gets banned, and there is blowback for that, then yeah it will suck, but I still think there will be a net reduction in work for you guys when it comes to the headache you get from P&R.

No one cared when I got banned (twice).

Let them eat cake!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    No one cared when I got banned (twice).

Let them eat cake!
    We still wouldn't.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information