Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Possible changes to Politics and Religion section

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    If your aunt had testicles she would be your uncle
    How do you know my aunt doesn't have testicles? That's pretty insensitive of you, Dave!

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I'm not sure what problem we're solving for here... But threads like this are absurd. The delusions of grandeur are so annoying.

We have this tiny little community of less than 500 people who have been posting here for the better part of 10 years. Maybe just be grateful that we have the traffic that we do and quit trying to alienate members of the community because you want to impose your will on them.

Or - another thought - let the 3-4 members who represent the vocal minority find another place to post and leave the rest of us alone. You know this sentiment isn't coming from the owner of the board - so who is driving it?
    In fairness to Mr(s). Mod Team, it is and has always been the sentiment of the owner of the board that the community decides how it should be run. There is no doubt that most people have no clue what a cluster it is for mods to clean up the messes in regular threads when posters get personal, and P&R is a whole 'nother level.

Personally, I got so disgusted with the behavior and over reactions to people in P&R, on both sides of the aisle and their inability to have a discussion/debate without making it personal that I walked away from P&R. Then, ironically, some of the same people that couldn't accept alternative positions to their own in P&R had the same problem in BT, so I walked away from there and the whole site for six months, so I wouldn't put the moderators in a difficult position of having to moderate the owner, which is even tougher than the average _____ (I'm a special ______).

Anyway, point being that it is a MAJOR issue and I agree with the mod team that something needs to be done (one of the options laid out) or a decision to leave it as a 100% unmoderated portion of the site and then anyone that takes grudges from there into BT need to get canned ASAP.

Just my opinion, which is worth about as much as the dead scorpion I found in my kitchen this morning.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I ride with Buff. An adult opt-in forum doesn't need moderation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I think the easiest solution at this point is just to post a poll, do whatever the majority wants, and be done with it. And if the moderators don't like how the poll turns out, quit and let someone else do it.
    lol, or option 4 -- don't make another subsidy deposit....

onlinebanking@ealerts.bankofamerica.com

Hi, BroncofForums.com, your account balance is low

Account: BUSINESS CHECKING/SAVINGS ACCOUNT - xxxx
    Balance:
    below $ 25
    When: July 16, 2017 at 7:53 a.m. ET

Every once in a while I think, "hmmmm, seemed like a good idea at the time....."

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I ride with Buff. An adult opt-in forum doesn't need moderation.
    Ahhh, I like it, so we only start letting adults in P&R. I like it...

Ok, I'm done. I think I've stopped being a help to this thread. Back to Game of Thrones and Elway contract threads for me.

10. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What constitutes "a bunch of posts?" What if it's the same 3-4 users reporting everything? Do we need to cater to them at the expense of everyone else? Also, what if the people reporting aren't really contributing much themselves?

Also - who reports posts? It's such a juvenile concept.
    Jesus, Buff. I hate it when I agree with you. You sound very conservative here.

I think the easiest solution at this point is just to post a poll, do whatever the majority wants, and be done with it. And if the moderators don't like how the poll turns out, quit and let someone else do it.
    Will there be an electoral college or just a simple majority?

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

PS: I'll volunteer to be a P&R Moderator. Where do I sign up?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

The problem that creates is that P&R already spills out into non-P&R forums as it is, and that would probably only happen more if P&R is unmoderated, which might cause an even bigger headache to the mods than just trying to keep P&R in check as they do now.
    This is the only thing relevant you've posted in this thread, so good job.

I agree. If P&R discussion spills out into the general area of the forum, one strike and then you're out.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    This is the only thing relevant you've posted in this thread, so good job.

I agree. If P&R discussion spills out into the general area of the forum, one strike and then you're out.
    I think this is the solution that makes the most sense and that the most people can agree on. Leave P&R unmoderated, which makes the mods job easier and probably most of the regular posters there happy, then if it spills out into other areas, then no questions asked ban, which also should be pretty easy on the mods since they won't have to discuss it first.

To me this seems like the best way to satisfy the most people.

I think this is the solution that makes the most sense and that the most people can agree on. Leave P&R unmoderated, which makes the mods job easier and probably most of the regular posters there happy, then if it spills out into other areas, then no questions asked ban, which also should be pretty easy on the mods since they won't have to discuss it first.

To me this seems like the best way to satisfy the most people.
    Ok, I lied, I'm back.

That's the way it is on the Mane's WPR (their politics forum), and while it's fun to go over there to mix it up with no rules, there is zero meaningful political discourse. There is nothing but trading of insults and talking past/over each other. Not saying it isn't the right choice for BF, just relating what I've seen over there.

18. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Ok, I lied, I'm back.

That's the way it is on the Mane's WPR (their politics forum), and while it's fun to go over there to mix it up with no rules, there is zero meaningful political discourse. There is nothing but trading of insults and talking past/over each other. Not saying it isn't the right choice for BF, just relating what I've seen over there.
    To be fair, I don't know that that's all that different that what we currently have, at least if we dropped the pretense of moderation in there it would save them the headache of dealing with it.

20. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

To be fair, I don't know that that's all that different that what we currently have, at least if we dropped the pretense of moderation in there it would save them the headache of dealing with it.
    Haven't been in there in 9 or 10 months (guessing, but something like that), so I don't have any current context. So, maybe it is that bad now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Ok, I lied, I'm back.

We're better people than they are though.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Haven't been in there in 9 or 10 months (guessing, but something like that), so I don't have any current context. So, maybe it is that bad now.
    I wouldn't say it's any worse than it was 9-10 months ago, but I guess I don't have the context of that other board to compare it to.

I wouldn't say it's any worse than it was 9-10 months ago, but I guess I don't have the context of that other board to compare it to.
    Literally zero discussion. It's just posting memes and trading insults. Not subtle barbs, but nasty insults. At least when I left P&R, the difference between our politics and the Mane's was like the difference in the amount of contact in American Football (Mane's WPR) vs. the rest of the worlds football, aka soccer, (BF's politics forum). If that gives you a flavor of the difference.

Like I said, I've always found it fun to go over there now and again to mix it up, but can't take it for more than a week or two, because there is zero, and I truly mean zero, meaningful discussion. Not even a pretense of it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information