Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible changes to Politics and Religion section

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

One more note - If you get rid of P&R; I'll find another place to hang out. No big deal - the sun will come up in the east - but the entire reason I joined this MB 10 years ago was because Mania banned P&R discussion and that's what keeps me interested in the site when it's not football season.

The lack of P&R discussion + overzealous moderators creating problems that don't exist is what drove me away from there. And I've been active for 10 years over here, but I suppose the 3 people who report posts all the time need to be catered to.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    It seems like that was pretty clearly laid out in OP:

"We have arrived at a point where most of the mods no longer go in P&R or stay away from the forums completely due to the constant work of trying to keep P&R from blowing up."
    How is that a problem? There is no groundswell from active members demanding better moderation of P&R. It would be fine without a moderator - it's an opt-in adult forum for crying out loud.

4. The Following 6 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    How is that a problem? There is no groundswell from active members demanding better moderation of P&R. It would be fine without a moderator - it's an opt-in adult forum for crying out loud.
    Which is why I think Slick's post makes the most sense. Either make it an unmoderated forum, or, if the mods aren't willing to do that for whatever reason, just get rid of it altogether.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Which is why I think Slick's post makes the most sense. Either make it an unmoderated forum, or, if the mods aren't willing to do that for whatever reason, just get rid of it altogether.
    OK, fine - but I reject the idea that a problem exists. We've had virtually the same players, the same traffic, etc. for years. The only thing that has devolved is the political climate - some have lost their taste for it and now they want to get rid of it. I say **** that - let someone else have the job then.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

OK, fine - but I reject the idea that a problem exists. We've had virtually the same players, the same traffic, etc. for years. The only thing that has devolved is the political climate - some have lost their taste for it and now they want to get rid of it. I say **** that - let someone else have the job then.
    I mean, if a bunch of posts are getting reported and mods are having to spend tons of their personal time dealing with it, then it is a problem that exists. It may not be a problem for you, but that doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I mean, if a bunch of posts are getting reported and mods are having to spend tons of their personal time dealing with it, then it is a problem that exists. It may not be a problem for you, but that doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist.
    What constitutes "a bunch of posts?" What if it's the same 3-4 users reporting everything? Do we need to cater to them at the expense of everyone else? Also, what if the people reporting aren't really contributing much themselves?

Also - who reports posts? It's such a juvenile concept.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Jeez - Buff is slaying it in here!

I have changed my mind - keep it, leave it unmoderated. I still wont join it, but i love small government ..........

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

What constitutes "a bunch of posts?" What if it's the same 3-4 users reporting everything? Do we need to cater to them at the expense of everyone else? Also, what if the people reporting aren't really contributing much themselves?

Also - who reports posts? It's such a juvenile concept.
    I don't know any better than you what the answers to those questions are. I'm just going off the moderators word that it's become a problem.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I don't know any better than you what the answers to those questions are. I'm just going off the moderators word that it's become a problem.
    thats exactly how the holocaust happened, well done wave, you just agreed with genocide

15. The Following 8 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

One more note - If you get rid of P&R; I'll find another place to hang out. No big deal - the sun will come up in the east - but the entire reason I joined this MB 10 years ago was because Mania banned P&R discussion and that's what keeps me interested in the site when it's not football season.

The lack of P&R discussion + overzealous moderators creating problems that don't exist is what drove me away from there. And I've been active for 10 years over here, but I suppose the 3 people who report posts all the time need to be catered to.
    Okay, I've changed my mind. Let's just get rid of P&R altogether.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Maybe Buff is right (just threw up in my mouth a little) let's just leave P&R un modded. No more reporting posts from the P&R section, just be adults and deal with it. If someone hurts your feelers just move on. Quit bothering the mods with your petty nonsense.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

19. The Following 10 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Maybe Buff is right (just threw up in my mouth a little) let's just leave P&R un modded. No more reporting posts from the P&R section, just be adults and deal with it. If someone hurts your feelers just move on. Quit bothering the mods with your petty nonsense.
    Yup, if you choose to go in there, put your big boy panties on

Or choose not to go on there......

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

The problem that creates is that P&R already spills out into non-P&R forums as it is, and that would probably only happen more if P&R is unmoderated, which might cause an even bigger headache to the mods than just trying to keep P&R in check as they do now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

The problem that creates is that P&R already spills out into non-P&R forums as it is, and that would probably only happen more if P&R is unmoderated, which might cause an even bigger headache to the mods than just trying to keep P&R in check as they do now.
    If your aunt had testicles she would be your uncle

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I think the easiest solution at this point is just to post a poll, do whatever the majority wants, and be done with it. And if the moderators don't like how the poll turns out, quit and let someone else do it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information