Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightning Strike Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Default Lightning Strike Thread

This thread is dedicated to any lightning stories.

What's the closet you've been to a lightning strike?

My dad and I were getting wood up in the mountains once. My dad would go up a hill with the chainsaw and cut down and dead logs and roll them down to me and I would load into the truck (he didn't trust me with the saw after I almost became an amputee).

Clouds were building and about 15 feet away from me a bolt hit a tree and caught it on fire. I filled my pants with poop and my dad came down the hill and shoveled dirt up onto the tree and put the fire out then changed my poopy diaper.

2. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    This thread is dedicated to any lightning stories.

What's the closet you've been to a lightning strike?

My dad and I were getting wood up in the mountains once. My dad would go up a hill with the chainsaw and cut down and dead logs and roll them down to me and I would load into the truck (he didn't trust me with the saw after I almost became an amputee).

Clouds were building and about 15 feet away from me a bolt hit a tree and caught it on fire. I filled my pants with poop and my dad came down the hill and shoveled dirt up onto the tree and put the fire out then changed my poopy diaper.
    gross

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Father son bonding. Son, flip your hand over and its like banging doggysytle.

6. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

We flew back from Hawaii one time and our plane got hit by lightning. We waited on the tarmac for over an hour before they'd let us off the plane then it took nearly two hours to get our bags. I remember there was a creepy gay couple and one of them kept staring at my son. I told my wife I was going to beat the shit out of him and she sent me and the boy away to wait somewhere else.

And before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, I'm not saying they were creepy because they were gay I'm saying they were creepy because they were ******* creepy.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I didn't actually see the strike, but a couple weeks ago the house lit up and the crack of thunder was simultaneous. Went out front after the storm moved on, and there was a big black mark on the street that feeds my cul-de-sac. The lightening completely lit up the house for a second, and the thunder shook it. It was awesome.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

When I was a kid we had lightning strike the large Elm tree that was about 10-15 feet from my bedroom window.

The tree survived, but forever had a long strip from top to bottom where the lightning blew off all of the bark. It was scarred forever after that. The sound was deafening. The storm was in the middle of the night and I was sleeping, but it sure woke everybody in the house up. We found bark from the tree a block away from the house.

11. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

In high school, some buddies and I were duck hunting and got caught in a 'surprise' thunderstorm with lots of lightning, which lasted a good 30 min. We definitely didn't raise our guns to shoot a bird.

North Dakota is probably the place I found to have the worst lightning storms. A house next door got hit pretty good.

13. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I am fascinated by lightening storms. When they happen, my son and I sit in the garage just watching and listening. I love the lights and sound. It's almost better than going to a concert. I'll probably die one day due to a lightening strike.

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I am fascinated by lightening storms. When they happen, my son and I sit in the garage just watching and listening. I love the lights and sound. It's almost better than going to a concert. I'll probably die one day due to a lightening strike.
    I love storms myself.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Me too.

One of my parents' favorite stories of me as a toddler is that one night a Thunderstorm came along. In the middle of it, they heard my voice. They got up to check on me and I wasn't in bed.

They found me at the front door, with the family dog, watching the storm through storm door, and telling the dog "Ightning, fummer! Ightning, Fummer!"

I've loved them my whole life. .. . however, my chosen profession has taken most of the joy out of them now. Too much worry about the consequences of storms that get out of hand. Can't just let go and enjoy them now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I believe we had our yearly lightning and thunder here yesterday.

Utah had cool lightning storms (dry lightning they called it). It seemed the lightning bolts would stick to the mountains especially around Kennecott and Antelope Island. Lightning is amazing to watch.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

My house got struck by lightning back when I was in high school. We had the grounded lightning rod and all that, but it still ruined all the electronics in the house. That's actually what started my interest in electronics. My Dad just gave me my part of the check he got from the insurance and instead of just buying a new computer I decided to build one because it was a better deal that way.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

About 25 or so years ago we had lightning strike the tv antenna that was in the tree next to our house. Came in the house, killed the cb radio, the tv, satellite box and rang a bunch of pots and pans while we sat at the kitchen table.

I use to love lightning as a little kid but after living in the mountains for as long as I have, it scares the shit out of me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

. I'll probably die one day due to a lightening strike.
    Soon hopefully

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

UK has really pathetic storms, in Germany they are a little meatier but still tame compared to the new world

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information