Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Broncos center Matt Paradis medically cleared to resume football activity

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Maybe start by giving them a nice clean shave?
    Indeed

To sum it up easily, Communications.
    Shit-talker?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

To sum it up easily, Communications.
    I helped trial the interoperability of our two nations crypto over vhf prior to Iraq
    Last edited by Valar Morghulis; 07-12-2017 at 06:48 AM.

4. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Not practicing and still starting was bullshit, having Ferentz be the backup was even bigger bullshtness. If Paradis can't practice this season he needs to sit, we're not talking about irreplaceable here.
    Not one of your better takes man. He was rated as our best o-lineman last season. If that means he can't practice to be able to play, then so be it. That would be stupid to hamstring your roster because a guy can't practice.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Not one of your better takes man. He was rated as our best o-lineman last season. If that means he can't practice to be able to play, then so be it. That would be stupid to hamstring your roster because a guy can't practice.
    I'm with jaded.... An individual means nothing, average players that have gelled as a team is better than one above average player and four others with no chemistry

7. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I helped trial the interoperability of our two nations crypto over vhf prior to Iraq
    To put this in context... You know in the movies when a big drug deal goes down and the kingpin brings along a disease riddled addict to try the product....i was the disease riddled addict to the boffins making our kit talk to each other

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'm with jaded.... An individual means nothing, average players that have gelled as a team is better than one above average player and four others with no chemistry
    I hate to pull this card, but I'm going to trust the coaches to know what's better for the team in that case. I don't think they'd be putting Paradis out there if it was hurting the cohesion of the line.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Shit-talker?
    Boom.

As in between different radio sets? All of our gear SHOULD work together if using the same crypto, timing, frequencies, etc. I think you all also have the same Harris radio sets we do, IIRC you just call them different names than we do. Every time I've been on an op with you all, whether here in the states or forward deployed, we all used NATO crypto and had very minimal issues.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Boom. As in between different radio sets? All of our gear SHOULD work together if using the same crypto, timing, frequencies, etc. I think you all also have the same Harris radio sets we do, IIRC you just call them different names than we do. Every time I've been on an op with you all, whether here in the states or forward deployed, we all used NATO crypto and had very minimal issues.
    We have Harris, in particular for ground to air.

This was before we upgraded out kit, we were still on Clansman radios, which were from the fifties, I never got to see what they were doing or what kit you guys were using....i just needed to sit there all day on an airfield in South Germany giving radio checks all day waiting to hear a little American voice at the other end

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I hate to pull this card, but I'm going to trust the coaches to know what's better for the team in that case. I don't think they'd be putting Paradis out there if it was hurting the cohesion of the line.
    People make mistakes, over half your country don't blindly agree with your President and his decisions despite the fact he is your President.

Sometimes the best decisions appear counter intuitive. When you are getting a lot of bad publicity for your porous offensive line... It would take a brave coach to drop your best player as per pff rankings

I'm not even 100%'sure of my opinion on Paradis, I just know "coaches know best" is stupid when used in this context.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

People make mistakes, over half your country don't blindly agree with your President and his decisions despite the fact he is your President.

Sometimes the best decisions appear counter intuitive. When you are getting a lot of bad publicity for your porous offensive line... It would take a brave coach to drop your best player as per pff rankings

I'm not even 100%'sure of my opinion on Paradis, I just know "coaches know best" is stupid when used in this context.
    I agree that "coaches know best" is usually a bad argument to use, but let's not pretend like either of us are experts on o-line cohesion. Maybe it's just my dumb fan mind, but I think it's the right call to play your best o-lineman if he is able to play, even if he can't practice.

As for the bad publicity thing, I don't think the team would have gotten any bad pub at all for not playing a guy with two known hip injuries. No one would have known he would have been our best o-lineman had he not played, so I don't think there would have been any fan outrage over it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Also, it seems like the majority time during the week is spent on film study/gameplanning as opposed to physically being on the field practicing, and Paradis can still participate in all that stuff. They are only actually on the field for, what, a couple of hours a day? And they are probably in the building for 10-12 hours?

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Also, it seems like the majority time during the week is spent on film study/gameplanning as opposed to physically being on the field practicing, and Paradis can still participate in all that stuff. They are only actually on the field for, what, a couple of hours a day? And they are probably in the building for 10-12 hours?
    There you go wave, a critical argument that doesn't make you sound like a retard. Well done, I have no riposte.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

There you go wave, a critical argument that doesn't make you sound like a retard. Well done, I have no riposte.
    Every once in a while among all the hot takes I throw out there I can come up with something that makes a little sense.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

True, but which of those hours do you think are the most important for building chemistry on the field? I'm willing to bet it's those few hours on the field. For instance, I can take 4 days in a classroom teaching you how to shoot a rifle and when we hit the range on day one you're probably going to suck. However, if I had just taken you to the range immediately you'd be a lot better shot at the same point in time. Physical activities are best learned by performing them.

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information