Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
Anyone who doesn't appreciate the original Star Trek isn't really a Star Trek fan. It's easily #1.
Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
It was an amazing show considering when it was made.

Like it or not, all the resurrections of the show are due to the original.

It's kind of like people complaining about the original Star Wars film not being up to standards of today's films in regard to CGI. Silly.
I never said I didn't appreciate the original for what it was compared to what it was up against and that I watched when I was a kid. However, it was like the 2016 Texans who won the AFCS, but would finished in last place in the AFCW due to us having the tie breaking advantage if they they switched the divisions with the Chargers. I would say that "Space: 1999" was the 2016 Jaguars because there aren't too many shows that are worse no matter what time period you put it in, but that didn't come out until the mid-70s. Feel free to nominate a show for the late 60s as the metaphoric 2016 Browns

Note that the assessments in my previous posts don't mention anything about special effects because for me, its all about the quality of the story lines. In fact, I consider most of today's "action" films as comedies because the stunts & special effect are so ridiculous. Now that they are maximising the body count, including innocents that get murdered, I now consider this the glory days for the Hollywood terrorists. Its impossible to determine the exact body count in "London Has Fallen," but I'd estimate the kill ratio to be somewhere between 100-1 to 1,000-1 in favor of the terrorists. So the bottomline is that all of these special effects that have supplanted quality plots as the foundations of the movies & TV shows are a complete turnoff to me.