Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: All Things Star Trek

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Anyone who doesn't appreciate the original Star Trek isn't really a Star Trek fan. It's easily #1.
    It was an amazing show considering when it was made.

Like it or not, all the resurrections of the show are due to the original.

It's kind of like people complaining about the original Star Wars film not being up to standards of today's films in regard to CGI. Silly.
    I never said I didn't appreciate the original for what it was compared to what it was up against and that I watched when I was a kid. However, it was like the 2016 Texans who won the AFCS, but would finished in last place in the AFCW due to us having the tie breaking advantage if they they switched the divisions with the Chargers. I would say that "Space: 1999" was the 2016 Jaguars because there aren't too many shows that are worse no matter what time period you put it in, but that didn't come out until the mid-70s. Feel free to nominate a show for the late 60s as the metaphoric 2016 Browns

Note that the assessments in my previous posts don't mention anything about special effects because for me, its all about the quality of the story lines. In fact, I consider most of today's "action" films as comedies because the stunts & special effect are so ridiculous. Now that they are maximising the body count, including innocents that get murdered, I now consider this the glory days for the Hollywood terrorists. Its impossible to determine the exact body count in "London Has Fallen," but I'd estimate the kill ratio to be somewhere between 100-1 to 1,000-1 in favor of the terrorists. So the bottomline is that all of these special effects that have supplanted quality plots as the foundations of the movies & TV shows are a complete turnoff to me.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Anyone who doesn't appreciate the original Star Trek isn't really a Star Trek fan. It's easily #1.
    #oldmanthings

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I've enjoyed some of the movies, especially the newest ones. Couldn't get into any of the TV shows. I thought the Next Generation (?) shows and movies were not very good at all.
    How far did you make it through TNG? Gene Roddenberry, the creator of the entire franchise, was still a writer and producer of the show until he passed away during the airing of the 5th season. A lot of things changed after that, most notably for me as a Christian, the show stopped being so condescending toward those who embraced "backward superstitions." "Q" was a character with Godlike attributes that behaved like a court jester, until he started behaving like an adult in season 6. Although he was still an annoying narcissus through out his remaining appearances on TNG, DS9 & Voyager.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

About an episode.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

About an episode.
    Tell me that it wasn't the pilot, which was probably the worse pilot of any of the series. If it was, I understand why you gave up on it so quickly.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

About an episode.
    Dude, seriously? You didn't give it more of a chance than that? The first two seasons are kinda meh, but it really picks up after that. Watch "The Best of Both Worlds" if you really want to see it at its peak.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Dude, seriously? You didn't give it more of a chance than that? The first two seasons are kinda meh, but it really picks up after that. Watch "The Best of Both Worlds" if you really want to see it at its peak.
    I like most of the movies. I've tried a few of the series. I watched a couple episodes of Deep Space Nine and the pilot there. I just don't have the desire to watch the series. I didn't think any of it was very good. Just my opinion of it. The new movies are excellent. The first five movies I like, especially Search for Spock, The Voyage Home and Final Frontier.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Pretty much all of the new trek series are pretty mediocre in the first few seasons then they get really good. I admit I don't know your tastes but I do think you'd like them if you watched the better seasons. The episode I mentioned of TNG is every bit as good if not better than any of the new movies.

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I keep thinking I should try to get into TNG since there is so much content. Tried once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I used to spend a few minutes every night thinking about deanna troy and Beverley crusher.

12. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

LoL. I thought this was funny.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 9.48.23 AM.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	13777

17. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information