Thread: Fantasy Football Advise Video

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Default Fantasy Football Advise Video

I’m actually reserving this post for the video that I will shoot next Monday night. The reasons for it will be explained over the next 3 posts. The next post, #2 in the series, will the “About Us” section of a Phoenix area Fantasy Football meetup that I’m starting: https://www.meetup.com/Phoenix-Fantasy-Football-Meetup/

Post #3 will provide a brief personal introduction of me for those who don’t know me: https://www.meetup.com/Phoenix-Fanta...bers/10348512/

Post #4 will provide an explanation for what motivated me to make this video in hope of having other experienced player joining me. So far, 3 others have RSVP to come as of the time I started this thread: https://www.meetup.com/Phoenix-Fanta...nts/240038265/

I’m starting this tread now in order to give those who might want to share their personal insights the opportunity to do so. Just as thoughtful advice will treated with the seriousness they deserve, so wisecracks that suggest ridiculous advice will be treated the way they deserve.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

This meetup seeks to do 3 things:

1) Provide opportunities for serious fantasy football fans to organize face-to-face leagues in which it’s much less likely that as much as 1/3 of the managers will drop out before the end of the season. I still intend for any specific league(s) that I’m in to be administrated by an on-line provider, but I’d at least like to have enough of a connection with other league members so they’ll hopefully be less inclined to drop out early.

2) Organize meeting places on all game days/nights, not just Sundays, for those who want to hang out with other fantasy football participants.

3) Create a small group of experienced fantasy football players who’d like to do informational videos. I’d like to do at least do 1 that explains the different variable when setting up a league so it can be setup in a manner most enjoyable to the members participating, as well as tips for being successful as a fantasy football manager. I’m also considering doing a weekly webcast, but I’m not sure if I can get the support necessary to do that.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I’ve been participating in fantasy football, off and on, since 2006. I’ve won 2 league championships, and am currently committed to a keeper league through a Denver Broncos fan site.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

My desire to do this video was the result of problems that happened last year in a keeper league that I’m involved in on a Denver Broncos fan site. One of the managers dropped out after complaining that it was impossible for him to compete, mainly because he claimed that everyone was hording all of the good RBs. By the way, he was 3-4 at the time and sitting on the 7th seed in a league in which the top 8 make it into the play-offs. His QBs were Tom Brady, Dak Prescott and Philip Rivers. However, it was impossible for him to find a trading partner. Granted, I’ve all but gave up on making trades years ago for the same reason. Meanwhile his top 2 RBs were Todd Gurley and Carlos Hyde.

The league commissioner did as he’s always done in the past when he finds out someone has dropped out, he took over control of that team. He doesn’t do anything in FA or trades; he just simply rotates the players that are already on the team in and out of the starting lineup. The 1 exception was he brought in a K when his regular K was on Bye. Other than that, he still finished the season with a team that had 2 Ks + an empty roster spot to a 4-2 record from the time he took over. The 7-6 record for the team was good enough for the 5th seed. After beating me in the 1st round, but losing in round 2, he won the 3rd place consolation game.

So why did the original manager struggle so much?

1) Extreme incompetence. I took the liberty of seeing who he was putting in his starting lineups each week and couldn’t believe my eyes.

2) The default fantasy football settings are based on when the game was 1st developed in the ‘90s, especially when it comes to starting 2 RBs + a RB/WR flex. Because of how much the role of the running game has diminished over the past 20+ years, it makes no sense to me to have 2 starting RBs, especially if your league is open to inexperienced players. However, if you want to create a “champions league,” then maybe you would like something far more challenging. 4 WRs + 2 RBs + 2 TE + 2 RB/WR/TE Flexs should sufficiently deplete all 3 positions to chase way all but the strongest players.

So I want to do 2 things with this video with the bottom like goal of reducing the likelihood of managers dropping out early, especially those who’re inexperienced:

1) Help managers be more competitive.

2) Give league commissioners ideas about alternative formats that might be better for certain players.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

wow......
    Last edited by ShaneFalco; 06-28-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Im sure you know this and I saw you had it correct later in the body but it is the business man in me that I cannot turn off.....sooooooo just in case

Advise- In the title of the thread it is used incorrectly. You want to use Advice.

Im sure MO can come in and tell us about one being an Adverb and present tense verb vs past tense or something of the sort. I do not care that much. Just wanted to ensure that you knew and were aware, so as when you do make your videos etc you do not have any errors
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

My teach timmy football thread is way better.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information