Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos' Paxton Lynch making push for starting QB

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Default Broncos' Paxton Lynch making push for starting QB

The quarterback competition is just starting to heat up in Denver.

Entering the Broncos' offseason program it seemed like Trevor Siemian might have the "upper hand" but Paxton Lynch is making a push for the starting quarterback job.

Mike Klis of KUSA-TV reports that something happened to the 2016 first-round draft pick in the final two weeks.

"His switch was flipped. He started to get it," Klis wrote for 9news.com. "He started to play as if he was doing just that - playing. Playing and not thinking about his protections and hot reads and coverages and delivering the ball on time."

Lynch agreed that he was finally starting to make some progress.

"Yeah, I mean the more reps I'm getting with these guys, the more I get to go against the defense and see the looks live compared to just on paper, it's helping me a lot," Lynch told Klis. "I think each practice I've progressively got better.

"I think it's made me and Trevor both better players going through it. Also, I think it's made the offense even better as well. Us competing, making us play better, making the guys around us play better."

Veterans report to training camp on July 26. If Lynch can continue to make great strides coach Vance Joseph will have to face a difficult task, hopefully before the start of the season. It's a decision Lynch isn't sure how it will go down.

"I guess it's up to the coaches to decide," Lynch said. "They get paid that kind of money to make those decisions. All I can do is go out there and play, get better every day and then whatever happens after that will happen."
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...or-starting-qb

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Like this kind of push?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Srslee...this isn't the chatter you hear when a dude is legit. Too hedged and conditional.

But I hope to be wrong, because the situation is lame af. If he ain't legit or TS don't level up, it's a shitshow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Chad Kelly. Man.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Like this kind of push?
    More like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	push.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	10633

8. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

You jaded mother truckers. This is a perfect opportunity to troll and you choose to troll someone that won't know you're trolling him.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    You jaded mother truckers. This is a perfect opportunity to troll and you choose to troll someone that won't know you're trolling him.
    But we're nothing but mammals.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    At this point, can we just skip this period of the waiting game and get to camp? I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready to start hearing reports about these two QB's that actually mean something.

It's great that Paxton according to Klis is starting to have it click for him, I hope it has. hopefully it keeps clicking when the pads are on and the game speeds up. Until that happens, this is just filler discussion while waiting for the real competition to start.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

"Sun rises in the east today! For more on the story, Lisa is standing by with the Weather Team. Take it away Lisa!"

Paxton was pretty much raw coming out of Memphis. Everybody with a brain understood this. He wasn't ready. Well, now it looks like he is ready to compete and maybe start.

This is like getting to the starting line of a marathon. That's nice. Now run.

The truth is neither of these guys is going to "win" the starting job in the pre-season. One of them is going to be named the "starter" - and he'll keep his starting job for a week and then we'll see what happens.

If the starter plays well and the team beats the Chargers Week 1, then he keeps his job until that changes. If he plays well but the team loses, he might get a couple of games, but then if things don't change he still loses his starting job. Just like Brock Osweiler in week 17 against the Chargers. He didn't play terribly, but his teammates sucked. The team needed a spark, so they put in Peyton in the second half. Brock got hurt feelings about it, and about Peyton being named the starter in the playoffs.

Well, too bad. Life ain't fair.

The same rules apply here. There is over a 50% probability that NEITHER of these QBs will be starting week 1 of 2018, or that even if one of them is, Elway has already drafted a QB in the first round of the 2018 draft and Trevor or Paxton is just a place holder until that QB can get ready.

You can bet that is exactly what will happen if this team doesn't make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    "Sun rises in the east today! For more on the story, Lisa is standing by with the Weather Team. Take it away Lisa!"

Paxton was pretty much raw coming out of Memphis. Everybody with a brain understood this. He wasn't ready. Well, now it looks like he is ready to compete and maybe start.

This is like getting to the starting line of a marathon. That's nice. Now run.

The truth is neither of these guys is going to "win" the starting job in the pre-season. One of them is going to be named the "starter" - and he'll keep his starting job for a week and then we'll see what happens.

If the starter plays well and the team beats the Chargers Week 1, then he keeps his job until that changes. If he plays well but the team loses, he might get a couple of games, but then if things don't change he still loses his starting job. Just like Brock Osweiler in week 17 against the Chargers. He didn't play terribly, but his teammates sucked. The team needed a spark, so they put in Peyton in the second half. Brock got hurt feelings about it, and about Peyton being named the starter in the playoffs.

Well, too bad. Life ain't fair.

The same rules apply here. There is over a 50% probability that NEITHER of these QBs will be starting week 1 of 2018, or that even if one of them is, Elway has already drafted a QB in the first round of the 2018 draft and Trevor or Paxton is just a place holder until that QB can get ready.

You can bet that is exactly what will happen if this team doesn't make the playoffs.
    I hope you are wrong there, because honestly, I'm not eager to start the QB carousel. One of the two needs to firmly establish themselves and then once named the starter run away with the job.

It doesn't matter which, but one of them better nut up and get it done so we don't spend the next decade searching for a QB that works.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Hopefully we can gel this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Hopefully we can gel this offseason.
    Yup. If we get the o-line turned into a cohesive unit and get a running game going, it's really not going to matter which QB gets the nod. For the second year in a row, the entire season hinges on us finding an o-line out of a list of mostly turds.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Yup. If we get the o-line turned into a cohesive unit and get a running game going, it's really not going to matter which QB gets the nod. For the second year in a row, the entire season hinges on us finding an o-line out of a list of mostly turds.
    Agreed. The key is the gel.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Ya don't say....
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Ya don't say....
    I never said otherwise Joel, I just questioned your logic that it had to be first rounders

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information