Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos' Paxton Lynch making push for starting QB

Its good to hear Paxton lynch is still getting proper reports and recognition for him putting in the work.

2. The Following User High Fived DT88TheGreat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Dude used to find the camera crew before he'd kneel/pray. Lame.
    Was this reported? I'd be interested in reading that.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Dude used to find the camera crew before he'd kneel/pray. Lame.
    Yep, from what I've heard the "Tebow" persona only came on when the camera did...

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Yep, from what I've heard the "Tebow" persona only came on when the camera did...
    Again, I would be interested in reading a report on this.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Again, I would be interested in reading a report on this.
    I'll have to dig it up if I can find it later.

I'm not digging any of it up right now... So I guess take it with a grain of salt or whatever, but I mean you can just look at the way he acts when the camera is on and see he's as fake as a $3 bill.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'm not digging any of it up right now... So I guess take it with a grain of salt or whatever, but I mean you can just look at the way he acts when the camera is on and see he's as fake as a $3 bill.
    Growing up in the rural south, I've met plenty of people who show that same level of Christianity and outward love for God at pretty much all times. So seeing how Tebow acts in public isn't that jarring to me, and I 100% believe that he could very well really be that way all the time.

Question: if it's really fake an all an act, what does he have to gain from it? I mean, if he really were this devious faker, he wouldn't be doing it if it didn't benefit him in some way. Most people would argue that the spotlight his overly religious actions gave him is one of the main things that torpedoed his football career. Teams didn't want to deal with the distraction. So if it's all an act just as a means to an end, I'm not really sure what that end is?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Growing up in the rural south, I've met plenty of people who show that same level of Christianity and outward love for God at pretty much all times. So seeing how Tebow acts in public isn't that jarring to me, and I 100% believe that he could very well really be that way all the time.

Question: if it's really fake an all an act, what does he have to gain from it? I mean, if he really were this devious faker, he wouldn't be doing it if it didn't benefit him in some way. Most people would argue that the spotlight his overly religious actions gave him is one of the main things that torpedoed his football career. Teams didn't want to deal with the distraction. So if it's all an act just as a means to an end, I'm not really sure what that end is?
    I dunno, I could go into a lot more detail as to my feelings on the matter, but this isn't P&R and really, this isn't even a tebow thread so I'll leave it where I've left it.

The guy seems like a total freaking fake to me (like we're talking on a Joel Osteen level) but if he seems genuine to you, to each their own.

When I think Tim Tebow, Matthew 6:5-6 comes to mind

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I hope one of them is good enough so the line doesn't matter. That's probably not going to happen, but I'm going to hope.
    Hope in one hand...

MANNING wasn't good enough the line didn't matter; small chance the best of Kelly, Lynch, Siemian or Sloter will be. For the record (i.e. to preempt any fanboy bitching ) that's an alphabetical list. On the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I'm rooting for a good quarterback. I really don't care who it is.
    If (and that's a BIG "if") the line's truly sorted, that's all we need. Not a guy voted into Canton his first day in camp, just a guy on the right side of average. With our D and a line that equally improves his run support to avoid him living in 3rd and long, "good enough" would be good enough. And in that respect, the odds of winning the lottery are always long, but four times better when you buy four tickets (though the smart money says we'll sell one of them for bus fare before Opening Day.)
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

When I think Tim Tebow, Matthew 6:5-6 comes to mind
    Him and SOOOO many others, man. That's what always bothered me about him, despite loving him to death as a player (too bad he never had the coaching to develop any skill for his stunning inborn talent, but oh, well.) The clincher for me was the SB the year BEFORE he was drafted: However one feels about abortion, for whatever reason(s,) "don't have an abortion or you might miss out on the next ME!" is a disgustingly awful "argument," especially when presented to a SB audience by a guy who hasn't even gone pro yet. Looking back purely from an NFL perspective, the only logical response to that "argument" is "so what?"

It's not about politics, nor about religion: It's about self-aggrandizement, a quality inappropriate to both in principle but depressingly common to both in practice.

Let me reiterate: It's NOT about P nor R, however incidentally either may be involved. Not for Tebow, not for Kaepernick; not for anyone. We desperately need to get past this whole business of reflexively celebrating/condemning things entirely based on branding alone. It should be impossible to convince 100,000,000 rational Americans to commit any and all atrocities simply by appending an (R) or (D) to the suggestion.

Especially since any given governing party tends to follow the same policies regardless of which of them actually happens to BE governing at any given time. Everyone who hates the current administrations policies need only wait for its next eventual and inevitable election lossthen they can go right back to LOVING those VERY SAME POLICIES. If "don't drink the Kool-Aid!" is just a commercial for Flavor-Aid, well, that's what Jonestowns residents actually drank, but none were killed by either its flavor nor brand, "only" the poison the pleasant flavor concealed.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

At least Yash knew what P&R meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    At least Yash knew what P&R meant.
    Really not seeing the P, nor R. I mean, flip side: If someone went into P&R and made a big long post about football, would slapping a political mascot or religious symbol on the end as an afterthought somehow make that "on topic." Like,

"[Detailed multi-page analysis of the zone blitz and its multi-decade history], also: Cthulhu loves you, especially with ketchup" and suddenly it's a "religious" post?

Interesting argument; maybe Goodell could use that to ban any and all political and religious expression from the field (and sideline, and stands) as "not football." But hey, if merely acknowledging the EXISTENCE of politics and religion (without taking a position on any part of it either way) is verboten, fine by me: That would certainly put an end to people exploiting them to promote their careers, which is all I'm talking about (can't speak for anyone else.)

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Joel & Frey
    Tebow when he prays reminds me of Matthewlippians Chapter 5 verse 5, but I'm definitely not talking about religion...
    Go on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

17. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

You guys make up such bullshit about the guy.

Every single camera crew has a producer in there ear screaming "go find tebow kneeling"

Hawg just bought and sold this thread, ladies.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information