Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Raiders Sign Carr to an absurd deal

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    They had no choice. The market dictates salary, not the play sadly. But I think he deserves "back pay" for getting us out from between the breads of a turd sandwich.
    I agree buddy! He's an up and comer. I love his gun slinger style. He's gonna be a good one for years to come.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Don't be surprised if he takes the mantle from Aaron Rogers within two years.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...K:topheadlines

The deal is 5 years $125 million with a total of $70M guaranteed and $40M in fully guaranteed money.

I think it's a bit early to be throwing that kind of money at a kid coming off of one good year and a major injury. Mack is due a deal soon, will they have enough to pay him after paying Carr?
    1) Just because the Raiders have had only 1 good year since he became their starter 3 years ago doesn't mean that he was as bad as his team. He wasn't his teams problem, he was the exception on a team filled with more holes then a screen door. http://www.pro-football-reference.co...C/CarrDe02.htm

2) From the link you sited in the OP:

Those numbers put him below Andrew Luck, but he did edge him out in average annual value.
    So do you believe that Luck > Carr?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Its a lot of money for a guy who hasnt even won a playoff game yet but the Raiders were in a tight spot and had to take a gamble on him because of potential.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Its a lot of money for a guy who hasnt even won a playoff game yet but the Raiders were in a tight spot and had to take a gamble on him because of potential.
    Contrary to popular opinion, the QB isn't solely responsible for wins & losses. He hasn't won a play-off game yet because he had lousy teammates his 1st 2 seasons costing him the opportunity to even play in a play-off game, & got injured his last.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Contrary to popular opinion, the QB isn't solely responsible for wins & losses. He hasn't won a play-off game yet because he had lousy teammates his 1st 2 seasons costing him the opportunity to even play in a play-off game, & got injured his last.
    Well duh.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    He literally couldn't have won a playoff game last year because he was injured. They would have mopped the Texans with him.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Considering that if you take away the Manning era the Broncos haven't had a true franchise QB since Elway I don't see that as a bad deal at all. Of course the money is ridiculous, but that goes without saying. The fact that they did the deal doesn't surprise me.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

This is a good bit of business by the raiders, avoids problems in the future, shows the player he is valued, and will be cheaper than what they would need to pay in a few years

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    This is a good bit of business by the raiders, avoids problems in the future, shows the player he is valued, and will be cheaper than what they would need to pay in a few years
    This is a really good point. The price tag only goes up every year they wait, so probably best to lock him in as soon as possible.

14. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Hot takes all around.

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

You guys suck at talking smack...

I put this in smack so we could all mock and laugh at the raiders and ya'll are like "oh good job! Great move!"
    Last edited by Freyaka; 06-23-2017 at 09:29 AM.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I put this in smack so we could all mock and laugh at the raiders and ya'll are like "oh good job! Great move!"
    We're realistic trolls.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

We can't. We have QB envy.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    We can't. We have QB envy.
    I'm still not 100 percent sold on him yet. Lets see what he does without Musgrave and after coming off a serious injury. He had one strong year and one just ok year. It's entirely possible he ends up worth the money they paid him, but I think they would have been smarter to wait a little longer and at least see if he bounces back. Now they are stuck with him.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information