Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayweather vs. McGregor: It's On!

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i'm with chazzy. . . yes, mcgregor is a loudmouth meathead douchebag-- but so is mayweather, and he's a little woman-beating bitch on top of it. . . outside of stabby ray and rapenstein, floyd's probably the worst person in sports. . . i know there's no chance, but i'd dearly love to see connor splatter his stupid face all over the ring. . . we all know what's really going to happen, though-- floyd will dance with him until he gets tired, land some harmless jabs, and win by decision. . .

i won't contribute any of my cash, but i might hit up a bar that's showing it. . .
    I'm thinking of having a party. Invite 5-10 friends and split the cost.
    just drive down to Junction Chaz and we'll watch it at Buffalo Wild Wings.

2. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Be careful, Jsteve, Dogfish is going to swindle you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    If somebody says Nate Diaz I'm going to laugh my ass off
    Diaz is the ultimate zombie champ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

the problem with Jones was not that he was the best boxer of his generation. It was that he was so much better than everybody else that he was fighting that he he got bored. Remember at the end he would go play a semi-pro basketball game and have a fight the same weekend. Pound-for-pound the most exciting fighter I've ever watched. You can forget about the heavyweights he was fast he was athletic he had all the power in the world I remember the first time I saw Jones fight it was against James Toney and he destroyed Tony who was supposed to be one of the best fighters in the game at that point.
    Yeah, I remember. He played one half of a CBA game as a point guard and had a title fight the same day. He probably spent more energy in the basketball game because his title fight was over inside of 3 rounds .

I agree with what you've said about McGregor. I essentially said the same thing; if Canelo and Manny P. couldn't catch him then the chances of McGregor doing it are slim to none

I saw the beating he gave James Toney. Toney's defense used to enrage his opponents, and he had some fairly serious power, too. But if you're so good you get bored and get punished for it, that's a major flaw.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I saw the beating he gave James Toney. Toney's defense used to enrage his opponents, and he had some fairly serious power, too. But if you're so good you get bored and get punished for it, that's a major flaw.
    I don't think Jones got bored. I think he just got older and lost the speed and explosiveness

8. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I don't think Jones got bored. I think he just got older and lost the speed and explosiveness
    He imploded at one point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I'm thinking of having a party. Invite 5-10 friends and split the cost.
    If you weren't so damn far away, I'd come over!

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    we should just crash joe's place instead, since he gets it for free. . .
    I wish. PPV events like this aren't even discounted!

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    He imploded at one point.
    Are you talking about when he had the no-contest because he punched the guy with his knee on the ground?

When he lost three in a row it was time to hang it up. Loss to Tarver, loss to rando, loss to Tarver.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

This fight is a ******* joke

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

When he lost three in a row it was time to hang it up. Loss to Tarver, loss to rando, loss to Tarver.
    Yeah but again that wasn't imploding. That was getting old. Roy Jones in his prime would be any fighter I've ever seen in that middle to light heavyweight class and it ain't even close

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Jones fight tonight

stream to it. just hit play dont register

http://buffstream.com/watch/mma.php

Yeah but again that wasn't imploding. That was getting old. Roy Jones in his prime would be any fighter I've ever seen in that middle to light heavyweight class and it ain't even close
    Great fighters can extend their careers, and when he tried to do so he got punished. He was a HoFer. But he's not FMW. And this is just my opinion, Jsteve. I'm just a guy....on the internet...

Great fighters can extend their careers, and when he tried to do so he got punished. He was a HoFer. But he's not FMW. And this is just my opinion, Jsteve. I'm just a guy....on the internet...
    That is subjective opinion.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information