Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 76 to 85 of 85

Thread: Lebron James now 3-5 out of 8 NBA Finals

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    30,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    It's not a silly argument - we're having fun!
    Yeah, I know. It's all part of it, and the reason for message boards. I just find the whole "who is the greatest" arguments fruitless. There will never be a consensus #1 in any sport.

  2. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:


  3. #77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Yeah, I know. It's all part of it, and the reason for message boards. I just find the whole "who is the greatest" arguments fruitless. There will never be a consensus #1 in any sport.
    Jordan is the consensus number one in basketball. We have prisoners in the past screaming Jordan, and prisoners of the present screaming LBJ. But, when you look at production, it's obviously Jordan. Even if you give a slight edge to LBJ on the offensive side of the ball, when it comes to defense Jordan is an all-time great. LBJ is not. The gap on defense is larger than it is on offense.

    I think LBJ is the second best player of his time, and he still has a shot to overcome Jordan. But, he's going to need two or three more monster seasons, more rings, and he's going to have to start playing defense again. Because I can tell you this, no one cares that he's ran into better teams when he has two other stars on his team and a great bench. No one cares. No one.
    Crazy how he had a good heart; but those bad, bad hands...

  4. The Following User High Fived Von Kinger For This Post:


  5. #78
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    30,827

    Default


  6. #79
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    56,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Nostalgia is a powerful thing. It's the whole "Things were way better back in my day" effect.
    Not too much different with the young honestly. When people say Manning is the greatest ever i just shake my head. While it is always subjective it does go both ways depending on the age group.

  7. #80
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    56,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Jordan is the consensus number one in basketball. We have prisoners in the past screaming Jordan, and prisoners of the present screaming LBJ. But, when you look at production, it's obviously Jordan. Even if you give a slight edge to LBJ on the offensive side of the ball, when it comes to defense Jordan is an all-time great. LBJ is not. The gap on defense is larger than it is on offense.

    I think LBJ is the second best player of his time, and he still has a shot to overcome Jordan. But, he's going to need two or three more monster seasons, more rings, and he's going to have to start playing defense again. Because I can tell you this, no one cares that he's ran into better teams when he has two other stars on his team and a great bench. No one cares. No one.
    LBJ is a great player, no doubt about it. But as previously pointed out people dont stop to watch what LBJ does but they did when Jordan played because they knew he was going to deliver. Its not a stupid argument to me so i disagree with Joe there. You can have a lot of great QB's to play in the NFL but one in particular was the best i had ever seen and doing so many different things and his name is John Elway. I have zero shame in stating that opinion just like i have zero problem with saying the same about Michael Jordan. It just is what it is to me. No matter how many great things LBJ has done it doesnt measure up to me compared to Jordan. Call it killer instinct, call it his demeanor it doesnt matter. It just doesnt match what i saw in Michael Jordan. If it angers people that i dont think LBJ is the greatest ever i really dont care. I believe in what i see in both players and as DenBronx said its like night and day to me.

  8. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:


  9. #81

    Default

    I don't like LBJ when he doesn't attack at the end of the game. I don't like that his propensity to go for setting up other players for success makes him too deferential. I like that he developed into a good shooter, and a more productive version of Magic Johnson.

    I think that Jordan is the best scorer ever, and a dominant defender. If that's true, how isn't he the best?
    Crazy how he had a good heart; but those bad, bad hands...

  10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Von Kinger For This Post:


  11. #82

    Default

    Jordan in his prime never got outplayed for an entire series, though. When Durant made LBJ fall, and hit that pull up three in his face, Durant snatched his soul. I grew up in the nineties, in Illinois, watching Jordan. I'm super biased.
    Crazy how he had a good heart; but those bad, bad hands...

  12. The Following User High Fived Von Kinger For This Post:


  13. #83
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sheridan, Wyoming
    Adopted Bronco:
    Trevor Siemian
    Posts
    4,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Jordan in his prime never got outplayed for an entire series, though. When Durant made LBJ fall, and hit that pull up three in his face, Durant snatched his soul. I grew up in the nineties, in Illinois, watching Jordan. I'm super biased.
    When it came crunch time he was money. I'm a Lakers fan (Shoot me) and he's the best I've seen.
    2009 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion


  14. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:


  15. #84
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    56,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    When it came crunch time he was money. I'm a Lakers fan (Shoot me) and he's the best I've seen.
    I feel you there being a Trailblazer fan. He crushed my hopes time and time again. I still remember him shrugging at the sidelines when they were crushing the Blazers. Dude was cold as ice. lol

  16. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:


  17. #85

    Default

    Plus he beat up Steve Kerr for missing shots. #leadership
    Crazy how he had a good heart; but those bad, bad hands...

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
dedicated servers
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group