Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Lebron James now 3-5 out of 8 NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    Just a little context since you were like what 9 at the time?

Also, MJ>LBJ
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

2. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

LBJ needs a song and then they're equal:

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Ok?
    Agreed. Jordan better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    Just a little context since you were like what 9 at the time?
    Pubes were a decade out.

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    If Lebron is on TV, people don't stop what they are doing to watch.

When the bulls were on, it was an event.
    Very true. I believe basketball was bigger back then also.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

8. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

If Lebron is on TV, people don't stop what they are doing to watch.

When the bulls were on, it was an event.
    This is very true. Even as a fan of the Jazz back then, I'd always make sure to watch the Bulls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

The Spurs were the equivalent to the Oakland Raiders to me.....sorry Slick. It was Stockton to Malone

Jordan was an all-time great defender (10 NBA first-team and one time DPOTY). LBJ is not on his level in that regard.

Jordan was a better scorer in an era that allowed handchecking and better rim protection. So Jordan is superior as an offensive player and a defensive player.

You don't have to compare postseason accolades. What I'll say for LBJ is this - no single player on his team overcomes the Spurs the first time. And when he first played the Warriors with a busted and injured team...no one is winning that one, either. But, if we are going to write things out of history, then it's fair to point out how the Spurs choked away a win the first time they played against Miami, and that the Warriors choked away their win two years ago (now).

For another frame of reference, LBJ passed MJ in postseason points this year...with eleven more games played.

And if the response is 'well Jordan had better teams', stuff it. Scottie Pippen was a great player. I've not seen too many people put him in a top ten argument, let alone top twenty. The Bulls had great teams, but what put them over the top, what made them arguably the best ever, was Jordan. What's lost in the shuffle is that we forget about Jordan's passing ability, which is underrated, how good of a rebounder he was in a league filled with giants, and how dominant a defender he is. And people will say that 'well LBJ gets more assists and rebounds.'

Well, Jordan played scoring guard. LBJ plays point forward. LBJ is a forward, they're supposed to get more rebounds than a guard. When you account for everything in their game, Jordan was strictly better. Jordan beat Magic's Lakers, the bad boy pistons, and a Utah Jazz team that is considered some of the greatest teams to never win a ring. They just happened to run into the damn Jordan Bulls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Jordan was an all-time great defender (10 NBA first-team and one time DPOTY). LBJ is not on his level in that regard.

Jordan was a better scorer in an era that allowed handchecking and better rim protection. So Jordan is superior as an offensive player and a defensive player.

You don't have to compare postseason accolades. What I'll say for LBJ is this - no single player on his team overcomes the Spurs the first time. And when he first played the Warriors with a busted and injured team...no one is winning that one, either. But, if we are going to write things out of history, then it's fair to point out how the Spurs choked away a win the first time they played against Miami, and that the Warriors choked away their win two years ago (now).

For another frame of reference, LBJ passed MJ in postseason points this year...with eleven more games played.

And if the response is 'well Jordan had better teams', stuff it. Scottie Pippen was a great player. I've not seen too many people put him in a top ten argument, let alone top twenty. The Bulls had great teams, but what put them over the top, what made them arguably the best ever, was Jordan. What's lost in the shuffle is that we forget about Jordan's passing ability, which is underrated, how good of a rebounder he was in a league filled with giants, and how dominant a defender he is. And people will say that 'well LBJ gets more assists and rebounds.'

Well, Jordan played scoring guard. LBJ plays point forward. LBJ is a forward, they're supposed to get more rebounds than a guard. When you account for everything in their game, Jordan was strictly better. Jordan beat Magic's Lakers, the bad boy pistons, and a Utah Jazz team that is considered some of the greatest teams to never win a ring. They just happened to run into the damn Jordan Bulls.
    You just knew that Jordan would simply take over a game if it was close at the end or they were losing. He was amazing to watch, and created an excitement that really no other player (other than maybe Bird or Magic) has matched before or after. Kind of like Elway - you just knew at some point he was (most of the time) going to do what was necessary to win.

If I had to choose, I'd pick Jordan first, with LBJ a close second. But, like I said I think the argument is silly. They're both fantastic players.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

MJ pushed off on Russell.

16. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    You just knew that Jordan would simply take over a game if it was close at the end or they were losing. He was amazing to watch, and created an excitement that really no other player (other than maybe Bird or Magic) has matched before or after. Kind of like Elway - you just knew at some point he was (most of the time) going to do what was necessary to win.

If I had to choose, I'd pick Jordan first, with LBJ a close second. But, like I said I think the argument is silly. They're both fantastic players.
    It's not a silly argument - we're having fun!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    MJ pushed off on Russell.
    Imagine a ref blowing the whistle there.

19. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Durant murdered LBJ all but one game in the finals, and got the better of him on defense, too.

There's an argument that LBJ is no longer the best player in the game right now. We said that about Jordan...when he was a wizard.

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Imagine a ref blowing the whistle there.
    He'd be pushing up daisies.

Jordan's game had a style to it that LeBron doesn't have.

24. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information