Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Lebron James now 3-5 out of 8 NBA Finals

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    And thats a problem because?........
    No one is saying it's a problem. They are saying it's a testament to LeBron that it took THAT kind of a team to beat him.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

LeBron's legacy is just fine. The guy averaged a triple double in the finals ffs. What more is he supposed to do?

4. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    LeBron's legacy is just fine. The guy averaged a triple double in the finals ffs. What more is he supposed to do?
    Not settle for jumpers. The man should be posting up more.

6. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

WTE

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Yes. They couldn't stop him when he would take it to the hole. He could have done more of that.

But the thought that being 3-5 inthe finals somehow taints his legacy, I don't buy. Dude is all world and right up there with Jordan as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    I've been saying that for years. He should not expend energy bring the ball up the court. He should get the ball at the high post at least 15 times a game.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Nobody said it was a problem. I don't care about them building a superteam.

But it benefits Lebron's legacy when you see that Golden State had to go and add one of the best players in NBA History to an already great team in order to beat Lebron.

10. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post

But it benefits Lebron's legacy when you see that Golden State had to go and add one of the best players in NBA History to an already great team in order to beat Lebron.
    Exactly, Golden State has two league MVP's on their team. The last time that happened was Kareem and Magic.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I didn't say it was a problem.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post

To some extent yes. But im not sure how beneficial it was to his legacy personally. The NBA is far more watered down now in my opinion to how it was 20 years ago. LeBron has benefitted a lot from a very weak conference. Not even sure it stops there, Lebron basically did the same thing when he went to Miami.
    Last edited by Northman; 06-15-2017 at 05:07 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

It's been recently published that all 8 teams LeBron has faced in the finals had a higher net playoff efficiency than the best team Jordan ever beat in the Finals. So even if a "watered down" league has helped him get to the finals, he's had a WAY tougher road than Jordan in the actual finals.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    It's been recently published that all 8 teams LeBron has faced in the finals had a higher net playoff efficiency than the best team Jordan ever beat in the Finals. So even if a "watered down" league has helped him get to the finals, he's had a WAY tougher road than Jordan in the actual finals.
    The best team he faced in the east after 1992 was led by Patrick Ewing and John Starks. I'm not buying at all that that was all that hard of a test.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I'm not sure how that can be true or accurate given that LeBron's Cavs team this year had the highest payroll of ANY team in the NBA, while the Warriors had the 7th highest payroll. As the de facto GM for the Cavs, LeBron essentially assembled the Cavs teams since returning to the Cavs so if what you say is true, then LeBron has only himself to blame. Moreover, LeBron's Heat teams were almost always favored to win the NBA Championship.
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    I'm not sure how that can be true or accurate given that LeBron's Cavs team this year had the highest payroll of ANY team in the NBA, while the Warriors had the 7th highest payroll. As the de facto GM for the Cavs, LeBron essentially assembled the Cavs teams since returning to the Cavs so if what you say is true, then LeBron has only himself to blame. Moreover, LeBron's Heat teams were almost always favored to win the NBA Championship.
    False.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ichael-jordans

James has been to the Finals eight times, six of those as the Vegas underdog. Give that poker hand to anyone else in NBA history and see how many come up with three titles. See how many more could've been so statistically dominant in defeat as James has been.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The next sentence in that story is also telling.

We constantly hear about Jordan being a spotless 6-0 in the Finals, but we don't hear that Jordan was 6-7 in getting to the Finals in his 13 postseasons, and James is now 8-4 in his 12 postseasons.

19. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

People whose only argument is "6-0 in finals" aren't really intelligent enough to have this discussion with.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information