Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 Official College Football Discussion Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Default 2017-2018 Official College Football Discussion Thread

...at Weasel's request.

When we left off from the previous year, Bob Stoops had just resigned at Oklahoma. Early 2018 recruiting is under way and Baylor is getting closer to having their program shut down over frequent sexual assault reports.

Discuss...
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

2. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

http://www.houstonpress.com/news/the...ing-up-9459307

A University that bases their reputation on good clean Baptist living is not going to let this linger too long. I can see a self-imposed ban being possible.

I've still not been to a game in the Butch Jones era. I think I'm going to try and make it this season.

5. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Nothing says college football better than conference realignment talk!

http://www.cbssports.com/college-foo...out-there/amp/
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Nothing says college football better than conference realignment talk!

http://www.cbssports.com/college-foo...out-there/amp/
    I'll make my annual drop in post to say the annual realignment, along with the NCAA's draconian policies, and their inability to figure out the postseason, have sucked most of the joy out of college football for me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'll make my annual drop in post to say the annual realignment, along with the NCAA's draconian policies, and their inability to figure out the postseason, have sucked most of the joy out of college football for me.
    The worst thing about college football to me is that there are so few teams who have a chance to compete year in and year out. As opposed to basketball and baseball where more teams tend to have a shot to be in the mix any given year. You'll never see a story like Butler basketball or Coastal Carolina baseball happen in college football.

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    The worst thing about college football to me is that there are so few teams who have a chance to compete year in and year out. As opposed to basketball and baseball where more teams tend to have a shot to be in the mix any given year. You'll never see a story like Butler basketball or Coastal Carolina baseball happen in college football.
    Totally agree, and don't even get me started on the SEC vs. everyone else.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I think this is a fair criticism. It's the only sport where it's nearly impossible for half of the teams to have a chance at the national title, no matter how slim that chance is. I've talked at length about a 16-team playoff with all 11 conference winners and five at-large (and yes, that means UL-Lafayette might get into it).

As the current system stands, Washington's run last season is about as Cinderella as you're going to get and people could see that coming from a mile away.

13. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Do it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

You don't have to tell me, as a fan of one of the smallest budget SEC schools. We have to play those guys week after week. Just scraping out more than 6 wins is usually a great year for us.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I think this is a fair criticism. It's the only sport where it's nearly impossible for half of the teams to have a chance at the national title, no matter how slim that chance is. I've talked at length about a 16-team playoff with all 11 conference winners and five at-large (and yes, that means UL-Lafayette might get into it).

As the current system stands, Washington's run last season is about as Cinderella as you're going to get and people could see that coming from a mile away.
    I'd be totally fine with that. Like baseball and basketball, at least give every conference winner a shot. Then every team actually has something to play for.

If they could play more than once a week that would solve everything.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

They've spread it out from Wednesday to Saturday with an occasional Sunday and Monday. ESPN is apt to have *some* live football in season almost every night of the week.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1877.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	10646
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1877.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	10645  

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information