Page 29 of 66 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 Official College Football Discussion Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    For Boise State? Yeah - I can see that. Plus it's stupid to have a blue field.
    The Florida uniforms too. You can't tell in that photo, but they did look like the same color as the field.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

I think it's a bit ridiculous how many different uniforms college teams are using. Seems like that money could be put to better use. Home, Away and maybe one alternate is enough ffs.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I think it's a bit ridiculous how many different uniforms college teams are using. Seems like that money could be put to better use. Home, Away and maybe one alternate is enough ffs.
    Except that Nike and Adidas are paying the colleges to be de facto fashion models for each season's new wardrobe. It was okay for awhile but then the unis got more and more outrageous. I'm waiting for a squad dressed out in angel wings like it's lingerie league.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

5. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I don't mind it, even if I make fun of a lot of them. The Nebraska athletic department gave $7 million to the education side last year, and the merchandise and uniform contract is a big reason why. That probably doesn't happen at every school, but I imagine a lot of public schools see something similar.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I don't mind it, even if I make fun of a lot of them. The Nebraska athletic department gave $7 million to the education side last year, and the merchandise and uniform contract is a big reason why. That probably doesn't happen at every school, but I imagine a lot of public schools see something similar.
    Big schools like that fund a lot of programs because of the athletic department - primarily football.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

The big money sports often fund much of the athletics departments (including numerous Title IX womens sports) before they give money to other academic departments.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Tonight is Alaska's large school championship....they're nothing compared to the lower 48 powerhouses, but these kids give it their all. The games are usually fun to watch, and last year was a heavy snow game. Tonight.....clear and in the teens.

I seldom miss my LSU/Ole Miss rivalry, but I guess tomorrow I will. I'm the godfather of my buddy's little girl (3rd birthday), and I must attend without the distraction of a football game...party's at 3pm and game starts 3:15pm. Anyway.....Geaux Tigers! Maybe I'll catch the tail end.

WKU and ODU in a close game. Let’s go, Tops!

I’ll be on the chain crew for tonight’s UTSA vs Rice game.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

13. The Following 6 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    We didn't have a football team when I went to UTSA.

We didn't have a football team when I went to UTSA.
    Yeah, they’ve only been around for 6 or 7 years. They’re a D1 school though. They beat Baylor earlier this year and everybody was pretty excited, but that was before the country realized that pretty much everybody could beat Baylor.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

16. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    For Boise State? Yeah - I can see that. Plus it's stupid to have a blue field.
    Piss off Joe!

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Make us proud!

19. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Make us proud!
    Lol.. hard to screw that one up

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Lol, love how BC didnt get the snap off in time and the end result was a TD for them and yet no review or challenge. UVA getting beat already but now getting ****** by the officials to.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information